New Beta wave?

Mey

Part of the furniture
I think IainC has just regained hero status!

That's some proper internet gold right there!

Mabutz

Fledgling Freddie
Probably because you tried to sell your account.

The weird thing is, I never mentioned selling my account. I was just wondering why somebody would offer a full epic for a beta spot. So asking questions is forbidden looks like it. He indeed offered but I DECLINED nicely! I am not that active on form about Warhammer to just get a spot and sell it.

Got my own wow account and just wanted to get in the beta so bad, that the selling never crossed my mind. If that what they think, what can I do about it. Secondly, somebody told GOA and suggested it that I was shopping.

Lesson learned: even telling you got a spot in the beta, will give you a chance to get a ban and don't trust anybody. How stupid could I be?

Now I have just have to wait till the summer sadly :(

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
so i'm trying to translate but struggling - was he/were you kind of "suggesting" that someone with a twinked WoW account "might" want to swap it for a WAR beta spot? he/you wouldn't have been "actively" trying to sell it as such but...

oh and lol

Mabutz

Fledgling Freddie
so i'm trying to translate but struggling - was he/were you kind of "suggesting" that someone with a twinked WoW account "might" want to swap it for a WAR beta spot? he/you wouldn't have been "actively" trying to sell it as such but...

oh and lol

He was indeed suggesting but it never happened.. it's dutch though.

Indeed, I AM/WAS NOT ACTIVELY trying to sell. Would be kind of stupid wouldn it, being so active on that form and then announce that I got a spot and want to sell it. :p

Conclusion: got screwed and shit happens!

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
In the february 20th news on the WAR-EU website EA Mythic mentions another "beta invite wave" for EU, when will this be? In a week, a month?

Be sure to check your email to see if you are among them, if not then don’t lose heart, more will be coming as the battle rages on.

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
In the february 20th news on the WAR-EU website EA Mythic mentions another "beta invite wave" for EU, when will this be? In a week, a month?

Errr that's already been m8. There were 2 dollops of invites in fairly quick succession. Early feb and again towards the end.

Oskorei

Fledgling Freddie
Probably because you tried to sell your account.

The correct word would be "trade", which is, I assume illegal too. But he didn't really try. If you call that "try", I try alot of things. Not judging you on the ban here, I can immagine you can't be careful enough, but I think it's only fair to explain it a bit to the rest of the FH readers, who don't understand Dutch.

Cerbos

Fledgling Freddie
Errr that's already been m8. There were 2 dollops of invites in fairly quick succession. Early feb and again towards the end.

Yeah I know, but they say it's gonna be another one, a third one.

ileks

Part of the furniture
I really hope in the next wave they reduce the amount of random invites and make sure all of the promised competition/games day and eventually guild beta winners get in :(

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah I know, but they say it's gonna be another one, a third one.

No it doesn't mate. I wish it did. The two news items for Feb 7 and Feb 11 relate to the same invite wave, the early Feb one. The Feb 20 news item was for the second, late February wave.

A friend got into the wave announced on Feb 20th, he'd only been signed up for 10 days..... :twak:

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
So do we know of any further plans for more EU beta waves/invites? I cant draw or write so unless I buy 100 copies of that comic the only way I'll get in is through a random invite...... I assume theres many others in this boat!!

I've got the game pre-ordered in hope of a invite that way..... if they decide to incorporate that method of inviting people however?

With no definate release date still named I'm getting very anxious!!

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
So do we know of any further plans for more EU beta waves/invites? I cant draw or write so unless I buy 100 copies of that comic the only way I'll get in is through a random invite...... I assume theres many others in this boat!!

I've got the game pre-ordered in hope of a invite that way..... if they decide to incorporate that method of inviting people however?

With no definate release date still named I'm getting very anxious!!

Only Iain can tell you that.

Lexa

Fledgling Freddie
IainC has already posted several times that there will continue to be beta invites given out right up until release, whilst you are not guaranteed a spot you will be given more chances to get lucky and get selected.

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
A better question would be, Are you doing another BETA wave by the end of the month :p

Tho im almost certain he wont be able to answer any of it.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
A better question would be, Are you doing another BETA wave by the end of the month :p

Tho im almost certain he wont be able to answer any of it.

Yeah sorry I kinda phrased my question incorrectly.... I know they will be invited more people I was just wondering if we could be told when? and how often we can expect more EU waves.

But your probably right, Iain probably wont be able to officially say............. unfortunately.

Thanks

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Yup, to be honest I don't get much notice either so I can't give you any more of a heads-up than I already do. We have a general plan for expanding the beta but nothing in that general plan is set in stone - there are no big stickers on the wall calendar saying 'invite 5000 people today'.

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Yup, to be honest I don't get much notice either so I can't give you any more of a heads-up than I already do. We have a general plan for expanding the beta but nothing in that general plan is set in stone - there are no big stickers on the wall calendar saying 'invite 5000 people today'.

Yeah I thought so, has anything more been said regarding people who have pre-ordered and are also registered for the beta? are there any plans to invite these people into the beta later on as the beta progresses?

Again I'm doubting anything has been made concrete regarding this...... I'm just fishing for information at this point though :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Just as a matter of interest where have read or heard ANYTHING about pre-oredering and guild beta? Why would you expect a pre-order to give you a preference in relation to beta? How will GOA know who has pre-ordered etc???

Chrismorris

Fledgling Freddie
I could forward iain my amazon email showing i have paid for and preordered a CE of WAR hehe

Mcflury

Fledgling Freddie
I could forward iain my amazon email showing i have paid for and preordered a CE of WAR hehe

lol! I could also track the main bank acount of the director of Mythic and 'donate' some sweet cash... but somehow I don't think it's gonna get me into the beta (allthough, as I'm typing this, an evil voice in my head tells me bribes get everything done... Damnit Chaos Gods!! Get out of my head!!!!!!)

Anyways, after this shot display of my shizophrenicness, I was wondering...
There are 600k+ beta applicants, let's say 100k already got beta invite (and that's probably a way too big amount too, so my guesses and calculations here will be more optimistic than they actually are), that leaves 500k people craving for a beta invite.
Now, let's believe they invite 5k dudes each beta wave (as IainC said with the 'there is no sticker saying 'invite 5k peeps in the beta today' hanging on the wall)... that leaves us with a chance of 1% (and, as I said before, this probably should be even less in reality) to get into beta... Not a really big chance I'll get into beta in other words, especially with my kind of luck :)

So then there is the competition going in at the moment... in total there will be 32+ (depending on how exactly this runner-up invites are being done: 8 over all 4 forums; 16 for each forum (8 on story and 8 on art);...) invites... let's say there will be 50ish invites... now, let's say a good 500 people join in the competition (which might be a too big number since some people are really talented and can draw as well as write pretty nicely and thus do both at all 4 forums, others might just post a story on 1 forum,...). This leaves us at a 10% chance (maybe even more) to get a beta-invite by means of the competition.

Hmmm... by saying this I might have just made sure I'll get more competition in the storytelling thing, but if I'm completely honoust I know I'm not making a shot to win anymore anyways (because of the really good stories already posted).
My final point is this though: when desperate for beta invite, do write some story or make a drawing... you never know some important people like it and you win, which is realistic since the chances are pretty sweet :) (well, better than just wait for an invite and do nothing anyways...)

chrislocalboy

Fledgling Freddie
Just as a matter of interest where have read or heard ANYTHING about pre-oredering and guild beta? Why would you expect a pre-order to give you a preference in relation to beta? How will GOA know who has pre-ordered etc???

I cant remember where I saw/read about pre-order details but I'm sure I remember a question being asked about an open beta and I'm sure the answer went along the lines of 'no we are not planning an open beta but will be looking at the possibility of inviting people who have pre-ordered the game etc'

So theres nothing definate been said about it yet but if I'm still unlucky enough not to have been invited by the point they start to consider this I'll already have the confirmation email in my mailbox from months ago!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom