New Beta invites in Europe!

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
This afternoon we just invited about 4000 more fans to the European beta of WAR. Mostly these were veteran newsletter subscribers and competition winners although not all were. So check those inboxes now to see if you need to cancel your plans for the weekend!

To forestall the inevitable question about guild invites. Those are going out when we and Mythic are ready to include them. As soon as that time comes we'll post it up and let you all know about it. For now though we're still in the individual beta invite stage.

I'll be seeing all you lucky testers in the Old World!

Outtamind

Fledgling Freddie
I`ve registered via GOA.com got an e-mail back saying i`d been accepted and told i`d recieve an e-mail with a link to download but as yet i`ve had no follow up e-mail??

kivik

Part of the furniture
Is there a 18 years age restriction on these too? Why do you have that?

Aeiedil

Fledgling Freddie
Is there a 18 years age restriction on these too? Why do you have that?

Most likely due to contract law etc, at least in the UK if you are under 18 you can't sign your life away and as such the NDA would be null and void unless signed by a parent or guardian :) And guessing GOA/Mythic wouldn't want some under-18-year-old spilling the beans and going nyah nyah all over their NDA :)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Only bad thing is that ppl that have been sent in through guild lists could get an invite through induvidual invite and thus the guild loses a spot on their list.

kivik

Part of the furniture
Most likely due to contract law etc, at least in the UK if you are under 18 you can't sign your life away and as such the NDA would be null and void unless signed by a parent or guardian :) And guessing GOA/Mythic wouldn't want some under-18-year-old spilling the beans and going nyah nyah all over their NDA :)

Explains it, thanks :) Will see you in retails I guess!

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
HB got a guild invite 9th of august. 2 got in right away, the rest of us have been waiting all most a month now. :m00:

Very annoying.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
I dont think you sent the mails to the right persons - better mail another 4k persons just to be sure :D

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
No joy on the 4K invites here.

But waiting for either guild or competition win invites to be initiated.

Druming fingers on desk as we speak.

tazzbe

Fledgling Freddie
Can only hope they don't forget GoL for guildinvites...you want people on the server huh :p

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Also a member of the unloved with an empty mailbox...

Hiolo

One of Freddy's beloved
Anyone know if there will be a open beta?

FlyingDaggers

Fledgling Freddie
IainC:

Do us competion winners get in beta with this wave? :worthy:

Really hope so cause my mailbox was empty this round again :(

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
Could this mean the freddyshouse winners will be getting in soon?! *gasp*

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
Being on a guild list waiting for the guild beta invites does not hurt nor help your chances of getting a "random" invite, the two are completely seperate. I have definitely heard of people on guild lists getting invited.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Anyone know if there will be a open beta?

There isn't going to be an - anyone can download the client from Fileplanet and give it a go - open beta but they have said they will lift the NDA and invite lots and lots of people shortly before release.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
thankfully i should be getting in via the guild beta as i've no chance of being picked as a veteran subscriber to the newsletter as i fell foul of a "hurriedly filling in the beta application form at work without any colleagues noticing he's on a non-work website and not realising that the language option defaulted to french and therefore not clicking on the confirmation link in the resulting email because he mistook the word 'terminer' near the link for its closest english lookalike 'to terminate' instead of 'to determine'" situation (despite doing french at A'level - albeit 18 years ago) and realised that this was the case too late for the initial beta invites

*runs out of breath*

ferore

Fledgling Freddie
Why the delay over the guild beta invites?

I've given my details to get into the guild beta and they're delaying them. Just when will you be ready for guild invites?

Feels like a big con. :flame:

Popov

Fledgling Freddie
I don't think there is any delay over guild invites and as someone also waiting to get into beta this way I share your frustration but it can't be described as a "con".

I speculate that the guild invites are there for when the living guild system is ready to be put into beta. Obviously when inviting single players randomely there is no compulsion for them to quickly form guilds as they are basically solo and probably know few if anyone in the beta. Inviting groups of players all from a previous guild pretty much guarantees these groups will quickly form a guild within the beta hence facilitating living guild beta testing.

Sadly I have nothing to base a guess on when this could be so until then I will wait [im]patiently for whenever a beta invite comes my way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom