new avi released, download now, its only nearly 40mb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

]SK[

The BW forums are nothing but bitchy arguments. I stopped posting here because of this. Once again this is the usual TFC/CS argument which everyone is fed up with. Not getting involved and I would have though u moony would have ignored it also.

L

legendario

Being a relative newboid to online gaming I haven't got round to playing TFC.

:) Just thought I'd share that with you and post something completetly irelevant to the thread.

I just cant seem to get passed my CS addiction. My mother has threatened to disown me and my girlfriend has resorted to electro-mechanical pleasure.

E

Embattle

Its not got any thing to do with TFC Vs CS for me....the avi is just wank and old hat.

S

]SK[

New to me, to appreciate any avi/demo you have to be a player of the game.

Y

~YuckFou~

Originally posted by legendario
my girlfriend has resorted to electro-mechanical pleasure.

You got any avi's or jpg's? :) you should share those with the forum, it's erm traditional, yes thats it, traditional.

I'm sure we all look forward to seeing them :)

T

Tom

I couldn't care less if the avi was of legless lesbian negros firing cucumbers at eachother from bouncing platforms in space, this is a video that is only of interest to people who:

• have no social life
  • think being 'l337' is c001 (etc)
  • don't work for a living

It matters not that it is TFC in a predominently CS forum, its basically a poorly cut badly produced amateur piece of shite.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla
New to me, to appreciate any avi/demo you have to be a player of the game.

In your opinion maybe but not in mine, simple fact is that such jumping avis were done ages a go on different games and tbh I find them as pointless now as I did then.

S

]SK[

Originally posted by tomjeffs
  • have no social life
  • think being 'l337' is c001 (etc)
  • don't work for a living

I have a socail life, I dont use leet speech and work for a living. I dont see what any of the above has to do with an AVI.

S

S-Gray

he also could have said at the beginning what the .Avi was about, like saying it was TFC, because this is 80% a CS Forum, so we sometimes think that

T

Trem

Sooooo it isn't legless lesbians then? Could someone kindly show me a link for legless lesbians please? I suppose being legless would make carpet munching easier, hmmmmm!!

S

]SK[

Originally posted by Super_Gray
he also could have said at the beginning what the .Avi was about, like saying it was TFC, because this is 80% a CS Forum, so we sometimes think that

The same can be said for CS, how would know someone in this forum knew they were talking about CS unless they stated in their thred?
The same for the admin channel ppl come in with the normal comments of

Admin!
help!
bw2!

Yes this forum is more CS than TFC but at the end of the day TFC posters find their way to more mature forums, where peoples oppinions are respected but are argued against.

1Jesta

*SIGH*

This is a Halflife, and its various mods forum yes?
A guy comes on these forums, posts a thread about TFC, shock horror, a HALFLIFE mod, and low and behold is proceeded to be sh!t upon from forum regulars.
May i suggest, altho you are expressing your opinions, to at least have some respect for the makers of the avi, and for the guy making it known to a lot of people who play TFC yet dont play it at league level.

Picture this :-

Someone buys Halflife, joins a TFC server, finds it enjoyable, then happens to come across a Halflife forum ( such as this one ) , sees a thread about an avi showing some complicated skills.
He watches it, then decides , hey I want to learn to do that.

Now is this really such a big deal?

For the love of god, the word ' respect ' springs to mind here.

E

Embattle

Originally posted by 1Jesta
A guy comes on these forums, posts a thread about TFC

Although no one knew this because he didn't state what it was :rolleyes:

sees a thread about an avi showing some complicated skills.

Complicated....yes, but none the less still pointless and old hat.

He watches it, then decides , hey I want to learn to do that.

Ok :sleeping:

L

legendario

Originally posted by +SA+SerialKilla

TFC posters find their way to more mature forums, where peoples oppinions are respected but are argued against.

Mature forums?....respect and argument?

Whats the point in that then? :)

A totally different world from the one which I live in. :p

And it certaintly isn't this forum....theres more guys here that are 20 going on 10 than I have had hot dinners...and let me tell you ..thats a lot :)

leggie.

S

]SK[

One point there he didnt say it was TFC. Go though the CS threds and see which specify they are talking about CS. Is this your only argument?

T

TipTop

Just the facts maam ...

I think your being overly sensitive. Ive read the thread a couple of times I don't see what the issue is. Embattle isn't so much concerned with the CS vs TFC thang, rather the quality of the avi (which was posted without reference to TFC, is over 40Mb and had no description whatsoever).

Tomjeffs does not like TFC but that's his opinion and he is allowed to air it. Anyone not liking CS is likewise allowed to air it as well. Everybody else has just been having a knock about due to Leg's lady friend.

I whole heartedly agree that it's a multiple mod forum which is in fact refreshing (look at Throdgrain's passion for Dod - which encouraged me to start playing again), but to start changing the good nature and have unwritten laws that state 'you are not to make fun of TFC or anything connected with TFC' is ludicrous.

/me pauses for breath.

Forums by their very nature are fun, opinionated and best of all encourage free speech. Respect is earn't and not given, and therefore if somebody says something that somebody else doesn't like then so be it. They don't have to believe it and certain regulars have more and less respect because of it (Ch3tan for example is well respected because of his posting style, YuckFou on the otherhand always kids around and therefore tends to provide the light relief :D)

I generally get the feeling that the 'Holier than Thou' stance adopted by what I perceive to be the TFC community is something that needs addressing. Yes I play CS, yes I don't like TFC (because I get slated on the publics for not really understanding it), but does that make me a loud mouthed 14 year old - no.

Rant over.

L

legendario

I'm a big fan of light hearted relief...or is that hand? ;)

1Jesta

Complicated....yes, but none the less still pointless and old hat.

Dont watch it then?

Dont slate it coz u dislike it?

Dont be a nob?

S

]SK[

Dont be a nob?

Impossible
[18:05:39] *** Joins: Redders (Redders@modem-2412.lion.dialup.pol.co.uk)
[18:05:41] *** Quits: blergh (~marauder@host217-34-44-70.in-addr.btopenworld.com) (http://www.splashdamage.com)
[18:06:24] <Redders> excuse me peeps can i have a admin on b/w 11 56k only theres a lpb that wont leave called atlas
[18:06:26] <Redders> 213.221.174.99:27015
[18:06:41] <Redders> is that ok ?
[18:07:07] <Redders> lo all
[18:07:10] <Redders> excuse me peeps can i have a admin on b/w 11 56k only theres a lpb that wont leave called atlas
[18:07:13] <Redders> 213.221.174.99:27015
[18:07:16] <Redders> is that ok ?
[18:07:53] <Redders> excuse me peeps can i have a admin on b/w 11 56k only theres a lpb that wont leave called atlas
[18:07:53] <Redders> excuse me peeps can i have a admin on b/w 11 56k only theres a lpb that wont leave called atlas
[18:08:12] <Redders> nm niggas he gone
[18:08:12] *** Quits: Redders (Redders@modem-2412.lion.dialup.pol.co.uk) ([ NoNameScript 3.52 @ www.nnscript.de ])

Love the CS community but wait how did I know it was CS without him saying??? :XXXXX

E

Embattle

The stupidity level of TFC Admins seems quite high looking at the above two posts.

Dont watch it then?

Dont slate it coz u dislike it?

Dont be a nob?

Well I wouldn't of if there was some kind of description...although you seem to total fail at grasping this point.

It is pointless and old hat, as stated before, I guess that is technically slating it...in a strange way :rolleyes:

Whats with all the questions, no I'm not a nob.

SK what does that quote have to do with that irc log, oh ic you are trying to attack the CS community.

Love the CS community but wait how did I know it was CS without him saying??? :XXXXX

Maybe because the ip he gave you is a CS server...well just maybe :rolleyes:

1Jesta

Pointless and old hat to you maybe, not to the people he was aiming the post at, I dont even know why I bother looking at these forums anymore, same old crap by the same old people.

O

old.Refugee

Using low gravity?

Stop and think about this for a second.

If he was using low gravity his Bunny ho/Rocket jumps would cause him to rocket upwards into the air.

Any really 'high' ones are achieved by jumping over nailgrens shortly to explode. None of this is low grav, because if they were the moves simply wouldn't work.

K

KoolMoD

It strikes me as very arrogant and unappreciative when people are so quick to criticise others who actually have a go at something. The AVI in my view was very well made and I enjoyed it, it's just a shame certain people have to use immature comments and narrow-minded opinions to disrespect someones work and effort.

Originally posted by tomjeffs

have no social life

think being 'l337' is c001 (etc)

don't work for a living

Either your're incredibly ignorant, or just intentionally stupid to make such a remark. I'm quite appalled at some of your attitudes, just because your're using an online alias doesn't mean you have the right to be outspoken and downright abrasive to other users.

O

old.[DSHa]Ronaldo

Nice to see BW are keeping the "stupid people online" average up.

E

Embattle

Pointless and old hat to you maybe, not to the people he was aiming the post at, I dont even know why I bother looking at these forums anymore, same old crap by the same old people.

As stated no one knew who it was aimed at since he left no real information....perhaps if I put this in bold you might understand :rolleyes:

I don't know why you bother reading these forums either since you seem unable to grasp why this situation arose in the first place. He posted something and many regulars in the HL/TFC/CD/FLF forum, mainly CS players, came to the thread and downloaded it and found out it was something which many of them weren't interested in and found rather pointless. Then we get some so called Superior TFC players arriving having a pop and generally making prats of themselves by trying to turn it into the very thing they thought it was, a CS vs TFC thread.

Now I wonder why TFC players get such a hostile reaction here :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom