New Assasin RR5 ???

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Alme said:
RA that u press during ure fight, when u do the killblow u instantly vanish. With a vanish working like this it cant be abused to get away mid fight when theyre losing.

Now thats the first sensible post in this thread. Thats exactly what vanish should be, not an escapetool for loosers.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Alme said:
RA that u press during ure fight, when u do the killblow u instantly vanish. With a vanish working like this it cant be abused to get away mid fight when theyre losing.

something like that shouldnt have 10 sec disarm tho ...

illu

Part of the furniture
Alme said:

Yup it certainly is pants when people vanish mid fight, but it's funny when a stealther does it to a stealther as 9 times out of 10 they will be found and free RP.

A lot of the time I vanish in a fight if some casters or archers are giving me too much "attention", or if I'm fighting a class with an i-win like Sorc MoC or Merc DT, then it's time to get away for 30 seconds, then come back and try and finish the job off. (but most of the time you pop back out of stealth and are disarmed for 30 secs = free RP for the enemy)

Oli - Illu

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
just remove remedy , then just remove after kill effects for assasins.

dont need to get replaced by other stuff , would prefer if it wasnt really.

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Isunder said:
I think that those who think that vanish is an overpowered or unfair getaway tool aren't taking into consideration the disarm penalty. Stealth lore is one of the more common artifact abilities and when used vs an assassin that has just vanished doesn't take much to figure out who is going to die. ;)

I would think that the tradeoff of vanish for remedy would be much fairer than keeping it the way it is -
1. RR5+ Assassins would have a chance to escape adds after a kill
2. Pre-RR5 assassins wouldn't have to face the huge disadvantage that is remedy
3. All other classes have the ability to detect the vanished assassin and have the advantage of him not being able to attack them. Artifacts with stealth-lore cover all classes (I think) tanks stealthers - SoM, all shield users - cyclops eye shield, casters stealthers - ring of dances

Vanish3 = Igetaway... If you run vanish 1... yes sure even visibles with SL is gonna pick you up... but vanish 3? o_O

So many of the suggestions would very much imbalance the game... take Ilu's idea.. Say I have a leggie weapon, 30 secs 90% resist huhtehfuck?!
Or if the SB/infil/shade decides to whack the silly caster since they have a magic soi?

Dwali

Can't get enough of FH
or do as sbs do...use shadow strike to kill ppl on top floor of DF entrance

illu

Part of the furniture
Solari said:
Vanish3 = Igetaway... If you run vanish 1... yes sure even visibles with SL is gonna pick you up... but vanish 3? o_O

So many of the suggestions would very much imbalance the game... take Ilu's idea.. Say I have a leggie weapon, 30 secs 90% resist huhtehfuck?!
Or if the SB/infil/shade decides to whack the silly caster since they have a magic soi?

The effect I was talking about was a purely spell magic based effect. 90% spell damage immunity for 20 seconds in fact, basically the melee equivalent of the sorc RR5:-

Shield of Immunity: Active: Focus shield that reflects 25% melee/archer damage back to the attacker but makes the sorcerer immune to 90% of all melee damage. Duration is 20 seconds or until the sorcerer moves or casts. 15 min RUT.

The limitation of my RR5 would be there would be no penalty for moving, but if you attack someone, then it would stop - so it would kind of limit the aggressive use of it. But I suppose you could fight a sorc, they hit SoI, you hit this new RR5, then /stick, then hope you survive the 20 secs, then continue beating down the Sorc. Can they then do MoC?

Anyway, I like what we have at the moment, I miss Shadowstrike (even though it was buggy to hell) and I can live with Remedy.

Oli - Illu

Succi

Fledgling Freddie
Give free SL to all assassins/archers who arent within 5k units of a friendly stealther, voila encourages rvring in new places + penalties for zerging on bridges

make friendly stealthers visable @ clip range

remove current after-kill bonus , replace with a 5 second window where you can vanish3 away

yeah , then id have fun trying to find 1v1's

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
illu said:
The effect I was talking about was a purely spell magic based effect. 90% spell damage immunity for 20 seconds in fact, basically the melee equivalent of the sorc RR5:-

Shield of Immunity: Active: Focus shield that reflects 25% melee/archer damage back to the attacker but makes the sorcerer immune to 90% of all melee damage. Duration is 20 seconds or until the sorcerer moves or casts. 15 min RUT.

The limitation of my RR5 would be there would be no penalty for moving, but if you attack someone, then it would stop - so it would kind of limit the aggressive use of it. But I suppose you could fight a sorc, they hit SoI, you hit this new RR5, then /stick, then hope you survive the 20 secs, then continue beating down the Sorc. Can they then do MoC?

Anyway, I like what we have at the moment, I miss Shadowstrike (even though it was buggy to hell) and I can live with Remedy.

Oli - Illu

Let's say the Assasins purge is up, he has almost complete immunity to enter melee range with the casters... Figure out the sudden odds...

Cloudz

Fledgling Freddie
if it was vanish3 on 5min re-use timer, you would just get endless stealthers adding on fg vs fg fights, come in for a sneaky PA, as soon as they get touched, there be pressing rr5ra vanish. you get some like that already but nearly all stealthers will be doing it

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Biggilus said:
what does remedy do anyway?

Its just a pointless button u have to press to compete :(

Also it negates a whole specline ... gaygaygay ... just remove it !!!:wanker:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
a class that can kill anything in the game played correctly, And if facing an enemy to great always able to get away without dying.

GG

illu

Part of the furniture
Solari said:
Let's say the Assasins purge is up, he has almost complete immunity to enter melee range with the casters... Figure out the sudden odds...

Sounds good to me :> Casters need to die lots :)

To the guy that asked about remedy, Remedy basically is an ability that takes a little health off you (about 10%?) when you use it, then after that any poison-dots put on you from weaps are stopped from damaging you. After 30 seconds or 1 mins (can't remember) remedy goes and I think you get your health back that you lost initially (about 10%?).

And assassins can kill most of the classes in the game - yes, maybe if you have everything up, and you get the jump on the enemy and if it is a 1on1 without any adds. (Saying that - Mercs, High RR Vamps with power, Necros that are buffed to the teeth are all very dangerous)

And about vanish - it works about half the time. If someone is casting a spell, or you have a dot ticking on someone or a guard, if the person has a pet, if an arrow is flying through the air, if someone near you farts, you pop out of vanish and are disarmed for 30 secs = free RP. It's great when it works, but most people use it expecting it NOT to work as it fails so often.

Oli - Illu

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Dragging up necros in the discussion is pretty lame
Its like comparing with warlocks. certain classes arent even calculated in the somewhat balanced factor Ilu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom