New Assasin RR5 ???

Punishment

Resident Freddy

I know this probably comes across as abit rich coming from a shade (But my shade didn't get rr5 until all rr5 assasins got remedy anyway) but isn't it time remedy was just gotten rid of and a less situational rr5 was given to all 3 assasins ???

The skill of playing an assasin is quickly becoming a race of bashing the :wanker: I WIN :wanker: buttons such as Remedy/Champ level 5 melee resists/Bludgeon for Shadowblades ... and imo it takes from the enjoyment of the class :(

Now the main problem i have as a shade is getting ganked straight after killing something by whatever happens to be near ... scouts ... could be anything really . And i propose Vanish 3 as the new Assasin rr5 ability to counteract this ...

/Discuss

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Well decrease your stealth to 20, no mos and 1:30 disarm then maybe...

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Punishment said:

I know this probably comes across as abit rich coming from a shade (But my shade didn't get rr5 until all rr5 assasins got remedy anyway) but isn't it time remedy was just gotten rid of and a less situational rr5 was given to all 3 assasins ???

The skill of playing an assasin is quickly becoming a race of bashing the :wanker: I WIN :wanker: buttons such as Remedy/Champ level 5 melee resists/Bludgeon for Shadowblades ... and imo it takes from the enjoyment of the class :(

Now the main problem i have as a shade is getting ganked straight after killing something by whatever happens to be near ... scouts ... could be anything really . And i propose Vanish 3 as the new Assasin rr5 ability to counteract this ...

/Discuss

There could be a vanish 3 that only works if you got the deathblow like the bonuses to stealth that are already given

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Solari said:
Well decrease your stealth to 20, no mos and 1:30 disarm then maybe...

My point is that ... it should be easier for an assasin to get a kill and get away ... as imo pulling off a fast kill is what the classes are all about ... getting away is another kettle of fish tho :(

5 Min RuT Vanish 3 for rr5 ability would solve this problem and leave assasins less at the mercy of the hangers-on in rvr who just w8 to gank someone after a fight ... u know who u are ;)

Because this getting a 10 min boat-trip killing 1 person ... if lucky ... and getting zerged by gay adds is just balls :m00:

Corran

Part of the furniture
Punishment said:
My point is that ... it should be easier for an assasin to get a kill and get away ... as imo pulling off a fast kill is what the classes are all about ... getting away is another kettle of fish tho :(

5 Min RuT Vanish 3 for rr5 ability would solve this problem and leave assasins less at the mercy of the hangers-on in rvr who just w8 to gank someone after a fight ... u know who u are ;)

Because this getting a 10 min boat-trip killing 1 person ... if lucky ... and getting zerged by gay adds is just balls :m00:

Can i get my theurg rr5 ability on a 5 minute timer then? This getting jumped by a half dozen stealthers and dying before being able to do a thing and needing a 10minute boat ride again is annoying :p

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
aye remove remedy and givf that vanish ability :) punishment for president!! :p

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Aye a vanish rr5 ability might help to escape the 4-5 man hib stealth groups and the 8-11 man mid ones. Remedy certainly doesnt help with that.

Spamb0t

Fledgling Freddie
5min rut vanish ... ....... ........
please dont tell me ur serious

atleast u can kill stuff fast.

Mavericky

Fledgling Freddie
Why not remove remedy and give assasins the hunter rr5 ra, 35% aoe snare ftw!

Seriously though, assasins have it easier than any other soloing class due to vanish RA and the fact they kill so fast. As a melee hunter Its rare for me to get midway thru a fight without adds, let alone get close to escaping. I dont see why they should improve it even further for assasins than it already is.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Hey its just a PoV ... All may not agree but atleast we are getting abit of feedback here ...

Whining solves ........... Nothing :(

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
I send in a few of those suggestions to Mythic Remedy -> Vanish

Eyres

Banned
Mavericky said:
Why not remove remedy and give assasins the hunter rr5 ra, 35% aoe snare ftw!

Seriously though, assasins have it easier than any other soloing class due to vanish RA and the fact they kill so fast. As a melee hunter Its rare for me to get midway thru a fight without adds, let alone get close to escaping. I dont see why they should improve it even further for assasins than it already is.

AMEN BROTHER

is like people in UK complaining they are starving

Solari

Can't get enough of FH
Honestly even thinking about giving a class an ability that at this point costs 30 RA points is just insane... Give every caster a free moc3 just because they're casters?

Assasins has a great RR5 ability, in opposition to many other classes.

Why would you give assasins even more love, they're definatly, definatly not the only class that has a hard time getting away after a fight.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Remedy is nice when u also have it...

BUT the whole remedy idea PLUS the denying of a whole spec line IS INACCEPTABLE !!!

kivik

Part of the furniture
if you want some hardmode playing assasin try playing one >rr5 or don't use remedy <rr5 :)

decent idea I think, would be far better than remedy atleast.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
kivik said:
if you want some hardmode playing assasin try playing one >rr5 or don't use remedy <rr5 :)

decent idea I think, would be far better than remedy atleast.

Yes ... but as nux said denying a whole specline is balls tbh ... and imo remedy is another toy that should just be removed :D

Also any other suggestions for a new assasin rr5 are welcome ... as mine was just a suggestion ;)

censi

Can't get enough of FH
the thing is all 3 realm assasin camps are pretty much united that you might as well just remove the ability rather than give it to all 3 camps.

if u give it to all 3 camps, who pops remedy firsts becomes a key factor in the outcome of a fight.

also if your less than rr5 its hard enough to compete with higher rr assasins as it is, let alone if they have remedy.

This ability has been implmented to balance 1v1 versus the assasin classes (and considering mythic have stated that class balancing is not done for 1v1 its a bit wierd).

remove remedy give assasins something unique thats balanced this time. not that hard is it? well this is mythic after all :)

Punishment

Resident Freddy
censi said:
the thing is all 3 realm assasin camps are pretty much united that you might as well just remove the ability rather than give it to all 3 camps.

if u give it to all 3 camps, who pops remedy firsts becomes a key factor in the outcome of a fight.

also if your less than rr5 its hard enough to compete with higher rr assasins as it is, let alone if they have remedy.

This ability has been implmented to balance 1v1 versus the assasin classes (and considering mythic have stated that class balancing is not done for 1v1 its a bit wierd).

remove remedy give assasins something unique thats balanced this time. not that hard is it? well this is mythic after all :)

Exactly my point ... he who pops remedy 1st wins ... which is lame :(

Sigidil

One of Freddy's beloved
Give all stealthers who are in a solo fight the ability such as "Fear" or something. When a fg or another player(s) want to add, you cast it and their char gets uncontrolable for 15sec and you get magic imume for 15sec aswell so no ranged DD's.

Or like something with a 5k range that only the person you are hitting can hit you.

And that ability should be up perma :)

Hollomere

Fledgling Freddie
My 2 cents is that the RR5 ability should be removed and replaced with a version of Vanish.

I totally agree that yes, we are a fast killing class, but when you have killed your 1 target then trying to get away from the zerg / rest of his group / castle defenders / every other person waiting to add for 0.001 rp's is a right royal pain in the ass.

My thought was kind of like an aoe nearsight / blind ability that is like a smokebomb going off - no damage or anything just an area distraction that disables targetting for a certain amount of time and reduces the sight of players (anyone remember the fog of war in StarCraft ;) ) to allow the assassin to have a chance of getting away.

Something like a 500 unit area, lasts @20 seconds and can be summoned into your backpack and the assassin has to use it - with a 10 minute resummon timer.

Sound fair without being too l33t or OP?

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I agree that remedy is a bollox ability, but Vanish 3 on a 5 min timer as rr5 ability would be retarded... It would mean you get a free kill basically every 5 mins and get away 100% as vanish 3 gets you well far away from the spot you vanished with the speed increase...

Would like to see how hard we would get nerfed then if this would be the case and every single visual would be complaining even more about assassins being able to get away (stealth)

Elftor

Fledgling Freddie
If anything vanish should be completely removed from the game.
While I find it annoying at times that someone leeches me after a kill or adds on my fight it's a part of the game, without it the game would get dull very fast.

Isunder

Fledgling Freddie
I think that those who think that vanish is an overpowered or unfair getaway tool aren't taking into consideration the disarm penalty. Stealth lore is one of the more common artifact abilities and when used vs an assassin that has just vanished doesn't take much to figure out who is going to die. ;)

I would think that the tradeoff of vanish for remedy would be much fairer than keeping it the way it is -
1. RR5+ Assassins would have a chance to escape adds after a kill
2. Pre-RR5 assassins wouldn't have to face the huge disadvantage that is remedy
3. All other classes have the ability to detect the vanished assassin and have the advantage of him not being able to attack them. Artifacts with stealth-lore cover all classes (I think) tanks stealthers - SoM, all shield users - cyclops eye shield, casters stealthers - ring of dances

illu

Part of the furniture
The assassin classes are pretty much at their closest they have been for a long time, maybe SBs and Infils even slightly ahead of NS's.
It's all swings and roundabouts in this game. Every class is OP at one stage, and then it gets nerfed.
NS's with the old Remedy were literally invincible. Now the fights are a bit more varied.
Mythic will never give the classes something that everyone finds useful. At the moment, the SB's shadowrun thing is handy (if you can get into stealth after a fight) as you can zoom about for a bit. The NS's and Infils get a nice SL type effect after a fight - which again is pretty handy and apparently it works out of stealth, so technically more useful than the SB one.

The only ability I would love to see is a magic shield for 30 seconds that stops 90% of magic damage RUT 15 mins. This would give us a good chance vs. casters. Kind of payback for their SoI.

Apart from that, I do feel sorry for those below RR5 facing a remedy assassin, but these days you get to RR5 pretty quick. And if you don't like the ability, then don't use it :> I hardly ever have it up, but if there is a high RR infil about then I'll try and use it.

Oli - Illu

PS And Mythic should fix Vanish anyway - it's such a random result whether it is going to work or not :/

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
I say all assasin dmg shud be nerfed by 25%.. problem solved hooray :)

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
Or maybe give a tool that can work against uber healing a character; be it DI,insta heals,uber grp heals or even mocing lifetap ... /shrug (this would be mostly something that could actually give the assassin the opportunity to attacked grped visual characters more often). Cant even count how many hours i have roamed around visuals w8ing for a possibly perfect opportunity that would make a kill possible...
Or maybe a magic abs (or even generally anti-ranged attack) selfbuff

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
RA that u press during ure fight, when u do the killblow u instantly vanish. With a vanish working like this it cant be abused to get away mid fight when theyre losing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom