Never order from Dvdboxoffice

S

Silent Shadow

Ok this is basicly what happened to me.
I was looking for a place to order FFXI from some weeks before release. And p0x (Thanks alot! :p) said that DvdBoxOffice do free shipping etc so checked their site and it seemed fine :D So ordered with free delivery.

Ok everything seemed fine. But after some chatting on irc I decided I wanted to add a courier to my order so I would get the game faster. I mailed them and told them this, they added courier. No problems so far.

Ok, now for the bad part. On the releaseday they still hadn't shipped it.. Actually they didn't even have it in stock. So I thought "I'll wait till Wednesday and see". I waited and still nothing in stock. On Thursday morning (Swedish Time) I emailed them and cancelled my order. I then called them later that day and cancelled my order. Thought everything was ok. Approx 30 hours later I see that they changed my order to "shipped" and about an hour later I get as a reply to my email that they can't cancel shipped orders.. wtf... ok.

So I thought I'd stick to them and finally after alot of troubles get the game on Monday or in worst case on Tuesday, but nooo. Today (Tuesday) I got my DHL trackingcode sent to me. And guess what, it didn't work! Some people have told me that it means that DHL still haven't even shipped it yet.. I was downtown today and what do I see in four (4) stores? Final Fantasy XI at a good price (cheaper than ordering from DBO). Great.....

On top of that I find out that I have to pay ~33% taxes on the package since I live in Sweden.

This is the last time I will ever order anything from Dvdboxoffice.
I think GOA has a new competetor for the title "Worst company in the world", DBO is not there yet, but well on the way :p.

So sum of all this?
GIVE ME MY F*CKING GAME AND STOP MESSING WITH ME :(

PS. Janice is a biatch :)

Edit: yes I know my english is not stlong :p

S

spathi

importmadness havent sent me mine yet either ... you're not alone oO

S

Silent Shadow

great, my game is in Toronto now \o/
GW, I hope I get it before 2015

L

Lamia Acerbus

My DHL tracking code does not work either. I have however sent an email to DHL local office (UK) to ask if it is a valid tracking number and to see if they can find its location on their systems incase it is their online applications that are having a few technical difficulties.

I am hoping it will however arrive later today and it has just been delayed by a day. (give the courier 1 working day to receive the package and send it out) which would work out today for 2 day delivery.

I have ordered from DVDBoxoffice before, but never used their courier and had their free option, this was however a few years ago and it arrived safe and sound but if I recall it was a 2 week delivery or so. If it ends up being that with courier I shall be most displeased!!

K

Krazeh

The tracking codes do work, however the link dvdboxoffice give ya don't. What you need to do is copy the tracking number, then goto www.dhl.co.uk/tracking and enter in the box. That will give you tracking information regarding your package.

Mine left toronto at 11pm local time, which was 4am this morning and got into Cincinnati 2 hours later so should hopefully be with me tomorrow morning.

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Krazeh
Mine left toronto at 11pm local time, which was 4am this morning and got into Cincinnati 2 hours later so should hopefully be with me tomorrow morning.

Thats pretty good for an item that was so called "shipped" on 31/11/03 to leave canada at 11pm on the 4/11/03 :)

They lied to us pure and simple, they marked orders as shipped so we couldnt cancel them, and that sucks.

X

xcpt

yeah i got my number yesterday it worked but only on the local site. it arrived in england this very early morning i shud get it 2day.

B

blem

gotta say DHL is doing a nice job:
Code:
November 04, 2003 18:00 Toronto - Canada Shipment picked up

November 04, 2003 17:38 Toronto - Canada Transferred through Toronto - Canada

They actuly went back in time to transfer my packege throug Toronto :D

C

Cabo-

indeed a nice job. lets hope they dident forget the hoverboard

C

Cyfr

November 04, 2003 17:55 Toronto - Canada Transferred through Toronto - Canada
November 04, 2003 23:00 Toronto - Canada Departed from DHL facility in Toronto - Canada
November 05, 2003 01:12 Cincinnati, OH - USA Arrived at DHL facility in Cincinnati, OH - USA
November 05, 2003 09:30 Cincinnati, OH - USA Transferred through Cincinnati, OH - USA

I = happy

N

-Nxs-

I also now have my dvdboxoffice order on shipping, its somewhere in the USA still as we speak.

But..... my order screen STILL says this was shipped on the 31st October, DVDBOXOFFICE blatently updated their internal systems to say the game had shipped when it hadn't, its impossible for DHL to pickup the game on the 31st October then sit on it for around 4 days before doing anything, we should ALL be complaining to dvdboxoffice and asking for a refund on the courier charge - well i know I will be :)

L

Lamia Acerbus

Finally worked out that I had to use the uk version of the wbsite for the tracking at work to, but was unable to log onto these forums through works proxy as it was a games website to let everyone know. Seems another was able to work it out and post anyways. :)

Well my details are: (not sure if times are GMT or whatever timezone they are in as they scan it)

November 04, 2003 17:53 Toronto - Canada Transferred through Toronto - Canada
November 04, 2003 23:00 Toronto - Canada Departed from DHL facility in Toronto - Canada
November 04, 2003 23:19 Cincinnati, OH - USA Clearance processing complete at Cincinnati, OH - USA
November 05, 2003 01:12 Cincinnati, OH - USA Arrived at DHL facility in Cincinnati, OH - USA
November 05, 2003 09:30 Cincinnati, OH - USA Transferred through Cincinnati, OH - USA

So I guess it has not arrived in cambridge yet, but should hopefully be here tomorrow too even though it is not a 2 day courier I will allow them one days grace.

Otherwise I shall be complaining to dvdboxoffice or dhl depending on who is responsible for their delivery timescales!!

N

-Nxs-

Anyone who has DHL tracking that left yesterday (Tuesday 4th) really should get their game on Thursday or Friday at the latest. Just make sure you are at the delivery address - and you have around £20 to cover any costs for VAT and shipping (my order shipped via UPS cost just under £7 in VAT and a £10 handling charge from UPS due to customs)

S

Silent Shadow

Mine has been shipped from US, where it is atm I do not know :D
but my guess is that it's still in the US :(

L

Lamia Acerbus

Might if I am lucky even have it before work today :)

November 05, 2003 23:58 East Midlands - UK Clearance processing complete at East Midlands - UK
November 06, 2003 00:26 East Midlands - UK Clearance processing complete at East Midlands - UK
November 06, 2003 04:55 East Midlands - UK Clearance processing complete at East Midlands - UK
November 06, 2003 04:56 East Midlands - UK Departed from DHL facility in East Midlands - UK

N

-Nxs-

Recieved my dvdboxoffice order today - with DHL as the courier arrived about 30 mins ago, and no charge to pay on delivery - guess it slipped through customs - YAY :)

S

Silent Shadow

Mine on the way. Called em they said I'd get it within some hours (yeah right..).

I still think I got my copy 1 week later than I should :p

L

Lamia Acerbus

Mine arrived at 15:58 from DHL and it was suspense all day at work looking at the tracking screen and refreshing every 30 mins or so. As I knew my little brother I left in the house was supposed to go at 15:30 as he had to be somewhere but managed to get him to stay until 16:50 and it thankgod I did. I now have the box and I am going throug it now. So hust have to go through the process of hoping everything is good and all wil install okay now *cheers*

Oh yes, mine slipped thorugh too....no handling charges..etc!! :p

O

old.tRoG

The UPS bloke just phoned me and told me to ring him back on a number, dialled the number, and got the BT woman telling me it didn't exist.

Great.

:(

J

Jebelious

i got mine bought over by parents :p 2 copies hehe

L

Lamia Acerbus

Yay...finally got an email :)

Woohooo...just got order confirmation of posting and billing from dvdboxoffice, had the game since Wednesday too!! Email was sent out on 08 November 2003 16:52!!!!!! :p

Users who are viewing this thread