Networking

cmr

Banned
just wondering if its possible to connect my bot pc to normal pc via normal network cards and share the internet connection from main pc which it gets from a wireless connection

thanks

Saggy

Can't get enough of FH
cmr said:
just wondering if its possible to connect my bot pc to normal pc via normal network cards and share the internet connection from main pc which it gets from a wireless connection

thanks
It is possible but using a router is easier and better way - suppose your router/modem is too far away for wired connection?

cmr

Banned
Saggy said:
It is possible but using a router is easier and better way - suppose your router/modem is too far away for wired connection?

yep

and bot pci has one pci slot which is in use mostly

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Should be pretty simple - buy (or get hold of) a "Cross Over" cable then connect the network card from your main PC with the network card of the bot PC. Then run the internet connection sharing wizard on your main pc.

But you would be way better off getting the bot PC on your existing wireless network, you can get a nice cheap USB wireless adapter rather than using that PCI slot.

cmr

Banned
Tears said:
Should be pretty simple - buy (or get hold of) a "Cross Over" cable then connect the network card from your main PC with the network card of the bot PC. Then run the internet connection sharing wizard on your main pc.

But you would be way better off getting the bot PC on your existing wireless network, you can get a nice cheap USB wireless adapter rather than using that PCI slot.

isnt that simple i dont think though :s have tried and just doesnt seem to work

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Firewalls etc often block connection sharing, make sure you allow it. Try disabling the firewall just to see if that is the problem first though.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
buy a router, Microsofts internet connection sharing is a pile of poo, in the end you would of wished you had got a router :-(

:m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom