Question Networked computer monitor?

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Is it possible to use my TV as a 2nd monitor over the network? I know I can use my Xbox and media centre but it's a hassle and I don't want to have a HDMI cable trailing all over place.

Access Denied

What about a network drive connected via USB? If they exist of course. I can use a USB stick on my new TV so it follows that a network drive would work too, right?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
If it supports dlna and you can play direct from it. Not seen a networked USB drive before tho. Just USB.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
The only time I have seen a USB port on a network drive was to add a peripheral to it (shared printer, USB drive etc), not as a means of connecting said drive to your computer.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Apple TV does this really well. But I am coming up blank on the App name sorry. But I did use this for the 30 day trial to watch Sky Go on my TV.

Access Denied

Problem sorted. Got a 10m HDMI cable for £12.95 at the shop my mate works in. Up from my computer, along the ceiling and down to my TV.

Though I've discovered that my monitor has a black line that flickers 3/4 of the way down the screen every few seconds. Not a deal breaker, just irritating.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Clearly you need a £899 HDMI cable to solve that sort of problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom