Network Problems

A

Archeon

Hi,

I've been having a little problem with my Network/Router at my home. The basic problem is it seems to cut off the internet connection randomly (this can be fixed by resetting the server, but its still a pain).

More to the point i can't really play DAoC, i end up suffering from extreme lag (as much as 20secs per frame) and going link-dead a frustratingly large number of times (my record is logging in, typing /gc who then 5secs later getting the LD screen :( )

Anyway, i hope that explains what my problem is (i'm not much of a technically minded person, obviously otherwise i wouldn't ask for help :rolleyes: ). But i was wondering if there is any way i can stop DAoC from LDing all the time (and if possible, stop my router cutting the Inet connection).

I'm using a D-link: Dl-206 Router over an IDSN connection (though i still face the same trouble when i'm the only person using the connection :/)

Hope sombody can help
Regards,
Chris

D

Deadmanwalking

Have you tried just connecting and then leaving your computer on but connected? To see if it is d/c all the time or just from heavy usage.

A

Archeon

Left it on this afternoon and went out for a bit, came back about 2 and a half hours later and it was still connected so it might be that, just a little frustrating that i can't really play (well, i can but its so frustrating it pisses me off which isn't why i play :) ).

(incidentally, i also tried turning off the other PC on the network and playing DAoC and i had the same problem :( )

C

chretien

If you connect the server directly to the ISDN line and disconnect the router entirely, does it still drop your connection. It's either going to be your server or your router and you need to determine which it is.

Users who are viewing this thread