nerf >.<

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
ok, been out with my SB in leirvik today.. i see some hib stealthers, attack 1 of them , the other 2 adds ofc.. but thats not what i was going to say..
ok.. my SB, i use a 2h 15.3 spd 5.4 sword, and i hit a ranger for 171.. a ranger hit me with mainhand for 162 with blade taunt style.. how can this be? its was a luri ranger.. i mean.. shouldnt i do ALOT more dmg with cs styles? + he used 2 weapons and obviously had haste (haste charge maybe)
this is f*cked up imo :/ sry for that xD
but imo, it shouldnt be like this o_O

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Emmet said:
i was fully buffed with 22% buffbonus :S

u only use 2 hand for pa or bs then u switch over to 1 hand for best dmg output , then u need to check what resist u have and what he has :)

/berge

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
u only use 2 hand for pa or bs then u switch over to 1 hand for best dmg output , then u need to check what resist u have and what he has :)

/berge

Yup pretty much what I was thinking.

<The following are conservative estimates, i dont log every hit, in fact i rarely ever look at them, but this is what i have noticed>

An average 2-hander hits me (leather) for about 200-300 per swing. Decent ones hit for about 340-360ish at a guess.

I will hit a SB with pierce heater for about 200 per hit mainhand excluding crits. A top Norse SB will hit me for a bit more than i hit him for, kobies is about the same.

My best PA without crits is about 750, ranges down too just below 300 on tough-ass tanks, the worst (or best in his case) PA i have had from a 2-hander was 900, but this was unusually high and i assume it was a massive crit. I have been told that some can hit for more than this in leirvik, but i doubt it without crits.

I have capped AF and decent resists if that helps make it any clearer.

MClark

Fledgling Freddie
What level was your SB , the ranger was 44 and fully buffed

Oh and not me btw :p

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
ok, been out with my SB in leirvik today.. i see some hib stealthers, attack 1 of them , the other 2 adds ofc.. but thats not what i was going to say..
ok.. my SB, i use a 2h 15.3 spd 5.4 sword, and i hit a ranger for 171.. a ranger hit me with mainhand for 162 with blade taunt style.. how can this be? its was a luri ranger.. i mean.. shouldnt i do ALOT more dmg with cs styles? + he used 2 weapons and obviously had haste (haste charge maybe)
this is f*cked up imo :/ sry for that xD
but imo, it shouldnt be like this o_O

Check qual of yer wep and condition ;)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Well ... he has reinforced armour
& if he's training up a melee-ranger, he'll either be full blades, full CD, or both, so his weapon skill will be high & damage variance will be minimal, & if he has high PF on top then he also has a decent DA.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
Tallen said:
Yup pretty much what I was thinking.

<The following are conservative estimates, i dont log every hit, in fact i rarely ever look at them, but this is what i have noticed>

An average 2-hander hits me (leather) for about 200-300 per swing. Decent ones hit for about 340-360ish at a guess.

I will hit a SB with pierce heater for about 200 per hit mainhand excluding crits. A top Norse SB will hit me for a bit more than i hit him for, kobies is about the same.

My best PA without crits is about 750, ranges down too just below 300 on tough-ass tanks, the worst (or best in his case) PA i have had from a 2-hander was 900, but this was unusually high and i assume it was a massive crit. I have been told that some can hit for more than this in leirvik, but i doubt it without crits.

I have capped AF and decent resists if that helps make it any clearer.

tallen <3 , i have done 1k+ pa's on heroes's , bm's , merc's vamp's and warden's and that is without crit , allthough i may been lucky and those people have little or none slash resist , ( still remember the vamp i 2 shotted poor fella ;) )

/berge

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Phooka said:
Check qual of yer wep and condition ;)

qual=100%
con=100%
:>

but yeah, guess my SB is kind of gimped.. but still, it sounds weird to me :/

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
MClark said:
Oh and not me btw :p

can i trust you on that? o_O
hehe i was 40 :p but i mean.. if i can kill a friar that hits me for 350 each hit, and not a ranger, something is wrong imo :/

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
dajnamajt said:
1. your weak against slash.
2. resists?
3. sc'ed?

1. i have 14% slash..
2. same as 1 imo o_O
3. nope, but capped stuffs :>

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Emmet said:
1. i have 14% slash..
2. same as 1 imo o_O
3. nope, but capped stuffs :>

He's gonna have 10% bonus to your armour, so you actually have 4% resists
You are gonna have 10% penalty to his

Rangers also have access to PD RA, if he spent 10 points on PD3 he would be soaking up your damage.
Bludgeon is gonna be your best friend against Hib stealthers
Or get a nice 2 handed spirit sword, people always gimp spirit

EDIT
did you apply enervating on your sword and hit the ranger with it without him resisting?
my elf blades ranger's damage goes to shit when I get debuffed.
Luris have the same starting STR as Elfs, you should keep them debuffed mate

Phooka

Fledgling Freddie
if you really really wanne kill hib stealthers and trust me on this one... use energy weps :D Belt of The Sun 4tw :D

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Phooka said:
if you really really wanne kill hib stealthers and trust me on this one... use energy weps :D Belt of The Sun 4tw :D

Can't argue with this.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Aiteal said:
Bludgeon is gonna be your best friend against Hib stealthers

afaik, crush sucks against studded.. am i wrong? :p

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Teslacoil said:
tallen <3 , i have done 1k+ pa's on heroes's , bm's , merc's vamp's and warden's and that is without crit , allthough i may been lucky and those people have little or none slash resist , ( still remember the vamp i 2 shotted poor fella ;) )

/berge

PA'd some random SB for just below 1k last night, so it is possible i guess.

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Emmet said:
afaik, crush sucks against studded.. am i wrong? :p

Yes, very very wrong. Crush is your FRIEND vs all enemy stealthers except minstrels and scouts.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
Leel said:
Yes, very very wrong. Crush is your FRIEND vs all enemy stealthers except minstrels and scouts.

really? :eek: why not scouts? ^^

noblok

Part of the furniture
Emmet said:
yeah, knew that.. but scouts? :>
Albion studded is thrust weak, Hibernia reinforced is crush weak, Midgard studded is slash weak.

Emmet

Fledgling Freddie
noblok said:
Albion studded is thrust weak, Hibernia reinforced is crush weak, Midgard studded is slash weak.

woot? nice :> thx for the info ;>

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
not very hard, if he was using heaters probably critting etc, maybe full melee spec.. in these cirumstances quite easy for him to outdamage you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom