nerf Theurgist

Sirex The Virus

Fledgling Freddie
Taglim said:
new pets are nice, but it's not all about the damage, it's about the interrupts baby! :sex:

but the damage is just a nice little extra bonus :cheers:

You said it :D

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Clipse said:
haha u obviusly haven't been at the other end of HIbb utility spells....debuff, stun, insta mezz, vines, amnesia, Baod, GP, etc....

Theurgs and Ice wizzies do not actually nuke for very hard, unlike Chanters and Elds, never forget that. Its very difficult to actually kill anyone alone in FG v FG action.
why do theurgs and ice wizzies not nuke as hard as an eld? we both need to assist someone else debuffing to do the best damage. The only diff i can see is power relics, and if you want them, come and get them ^^

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
why do theurgs and ice wizzies not nuke as hard as an eld? we both need to assist someone else debuffing to do the best damage. The only diff i can see is power relics, and if you want them, come and get them ^^
1)relics
2)debuff availability

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Mavl said:
1)relics
2)debuff availability

Relics is not a class issue
i see a hell of a lot of cabalists atm, they can debuff for both air theurgs and sorcs, and themselves. On the otherhand, air ain't fotm now, so we have the body sorc, should be in any alb mage grp who wants to use ice imo, and lets not forget, the cold debuff sorcs have still lasts full dura instead of the heat debuff elds have to assist on, with a baseline nuke which will have higher variance than both ice wiz and ice theurg nukes.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
i see a hell of a lot of cabalists atm, they can debuff for both air theurgs and sorcs, and themselves. On the otherhand, air ain't fotm now, so we have the body sorc, should be in any alb mage grp who wants to use ice imo, and lets not forget, the cold debuff sorcs have still lasts full dura instead of the heat debuff elds have to assist on, with a baseline nuke which will have higher variance than both ice wiz and ice theurg nukes.
If duration is such an issue (and often it did seem to be last night) you could start debuffing Cold for the Elds instead :m00:

A little tempted to bring my Theurg out. But actively playing 5 chars is a bit much, I think :p

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:

er thx for the Advice :) our nukes are base nukes aswell btw :twak:

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Clipse said:
They may be baseline, but an ice wiz specced 50(+XX)ice, or theurg specced 41(+XX)ice hits a lot harder than an eld specced to 20(+XX) light.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
If duration is such an issue (and often it did seem to be last night) you could start debuffing Cold for the Elds instead :m00:

A little tempted to bring my Theurg out. But actively playing 5 chars is a bit much, I think :p

cold debuffs for elds, is light/void spec, not mana :/ mana stuff is energy :x

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
Theurgs and ice wizards assisting a body sorc should hit harder than an eld assisting a chanter as they have higher specs in ice.

But,
1) hibs have relics
2) albs don't have heat resist buffs in a standard group, hibs have 8/16 cold resist buffs
3) the mana eld has the str/con debuff to frontload while assisting (doesn't mean they hit harder, but the target will die faster) - the str/con is in mind for alb so either need another caster, or settle with a lower str/con.
4) the sorc would still be nuking an un-debuffed target (or would again need another caster)

(but probably the biggest reason is albs don't play the group, so don't practice it, so just suck at assist nuking compared to hibs who run this set-up 90% of the time)

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
On the otherhand, air ain't fotm now, so we have the body sorc, should be in any alb mage grp who wants to use ice imo, and lets not forget, the cold debuff sorcs have still lasts full dura instead of the heat debuff elds have to assist on, with a baseline nuke which will have higher variance than both ice wiz and ice theurg nukes.

1) Body sorcs are actually quite rare. Most people leveling want sorcs in their group for good mezzes and power over time, of which body can provide neither. Now i know in rvr its another issue, but it makes leveling a body sorc a nightmare. Then again saying all this the spirit cabalist + body sorc groups are starting to become fotm so who knows maybe we will see more body sorcs on the field in the future. But tbh its not a good thing because a mind sorc is needed vs tank groups.

2) If you run a body sorc in your mage group and you want to run FGvsFG you will also realistically need a mind sorc too. This is not only because the duration of the AE mezz is significantly lower than a mind sorc but also because the chance of it landing is lower too due to spell level.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
cold debuffs for elds, is light/void spec, not mana :/ mana stuff is energy :x
It's also void baseline. But I wasn't serious (for many obvious reasons) - that's why I added the :m00:

Chilly

Balls of steel
the theur pets have ONE HIT POINT you can one shot them, with ANYTHING. a cleric instapbaoe will kill 5000000 of them if hes close enough. The damage justifies the HP loss and its not very hard to kill 3-4 of em tbh.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
the theur pets have ONE HIT POINT you can one shot them, with ANYTHING. a cleric instapbaoe will kill 5000000 of them if hes close enough. The damage justifies the HP loss and its not very hard to kill 3-4 of em tbh.
ice pets have not had any reduction to their hp. just had their damage increased.

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:

Since I havent tried hitting alot of earth pets yet, I asked an alb..

<Ola|> Hotrats can I 1 hit an earth pet with drood? :p
<Hotrats> no :)
<Hotrats> prolly 3 or 4 hits with ur dmg add

Who to trust :p

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Ola said:
Since I havent tried hitting alot of earth pets yet, I asked an alb..

<Ola|> Hotrats can I 1 hit an earth pet with drood? :p
<Hotrats> no :)
<Hotrats> prolly 3 or 4 hits with ur dmg add

Who to trust :p
your druid won't 1-hit them with melee.
a tank could 1-hit them with a good style.
a mage can 1-hit them with DD.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Clipse said:

you have no variation due to high spec in said baseline, we do. That was my point if you failed to see it

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
tested the earth hps last night with Sunwolf (mincer).

Sun could 1 shot with a style, but it took about 10 hits without a style or insta dd's

ice were slightly harder, took 2 styled hits, and a few more unstyled hits.

but 2 ice pets left Sun with 5% hps after getting a few resists, earth (with 2 pets) around the same if allowed to continue hitting.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
It means the enemy groups will have to counter thergs by bringing an extra class to their RvR group. Although with mids it's not really an extra class. Anyways, I aint gonna tell you how for obvious reasons.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
It means the enemy groups will have to counter thergs by bringing an extra class to their RvR group. Although with mids it's not really an extra class. Anyways, I aint gonna tell you how for obvious reasons.

Just kill the theurg :)

problem solved :D

Theurgs might become first target before sorc.. who knows :x

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
Theurgs and ice wizards assisting a body sorc should hit harder than an eld assisting a chanter as they have higher specs in ice.

But,
1) hibs have relics
2) albs don't have heat resist buffs in a standard group, hibs have 8/16 cold resist buffs
3) the mana eld has the str/con debuff to frontload while assisting (doesn't mean they hit harder, but the target will die faster) - the str/con is in mind for alb so either need another caster, or settle with a lower str/con.
4) the sorc would still be nuking an un-debuffed target (or would again need another caster)

(but probably the biggest reason is albs don't play the group, so don't practice it, so just suck at assist nuking compared to hibs who run this set-up 90% of the time)

well.
1) Relics, ofc helps a lot, but they are open to any1 really.
2) i ain't 100% on this, but with debuffs does it matter what resist buffs you have if they don't go above 50% resists you should still get debuffed to around 0%?
3) s/c debuff rox no doubt about it, few levels of WA and u can knock a lot of hp off on a crit
4) sorcs nuking without debuffer is kinda stupid, same thing if we take a voidie in grp all he does is debuff/bolt, power drains to big with much more

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Fluid said:
well.
1) Relics, ofc helps a lot, but they are open to any1 really.
2) i ain't 100% on this, but with debuffs does it matter what resist buffs you have if they don't go above 50% resists you should still get debuffed to around 0%?
3) s/c debuff rox no doubt about it, few levels of WA and u can knock a lot of hp off on a crit
4) sorcs nuking without debuffer is kinda stupid, same thing if we take a voidie in grp all he does is debuff/bolt, power drains to big with much more
1) yeah, but on how many servers worldwide does alb hold power relics. they might take them, but lose them within a week. so yeah :p
2) yes it matters what resist buffs you have. (contrary to what some VN people claimed) resists can still be debuffed to negative, especially if you only have 26-30%.
4) exactly. so with chanter+eld on debuff-nuke assisting you get top str/con and 2 nukers on a debuffed target... sorcs+wiz/theurgs? need 4 casters to do the same (or have 3 with 'wasted' power).

vintervargen

Banned
Taglim said:
tested the earth hps last night with Sunwolf (mincer).

Sun could 1 shot with a style, but it took about 10 hits without a style or insta dd's

ice were slightly harder, took 2 styled hits, and a few more unstyled hits.

but 2 ice pets left Sun with 5% hps after getting a few resists, earth (with 2 pets) around the same if allowed to continue hitting.

what kinda uberstyle has sunwolf got that does 10x the dmg as an unstyled hit? :p

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
haha u obviusly haven't been at the other end of HIbb utility spells....debuff, stun, insta mezz, vines, amnesia, Baod, GP, etc....

Theurgs and Ice wizzies do not actually nuke for very hard, unlike Chanters and Elds, never forget that. Its very difficult to actually kill anyone alone in FG v FG action.

i t i s n t a b o u t t h e d a m a g e o u t p u t!

phandaal

Fledgling Freddie
And give mana ench/eldritch 20 secs pbaoe stun. GIve warriors and zerkers buffs like savages. Give hibs and mids Insta Kill Albion Spell 2000 radious 2 secs recast

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Actually i think earth pets have about 300 hp. But i could be wrong.

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Pin said:
1) yeah, but on how many servers worldwide does alb hold power relics. they might take them, but lose them within a week. so yeah :p
2) yes it matters what resist buffs you have. (contrary to what some VN people claimed) resists can still be debuffed to negative, especially if you only have 26-30%.
4) exactly. so with chanter+eld on debuff-nuke assisting you get top str/con and 2 nukers on a debuffed target... sorcs+wiz/theurgs? need 4 casters to do the same (or have 3 with 'wasted' power).

can only comment really on...
4) chanter + eld imo is the equiv of the cabby/sorc setup, they can both assist nuke. mana elds+void eld is equivilant of body sorc + ice wizzies, as body sorc/void eld debuffs for both nukes and pb damage in these setups, the difference comes in this situation with us having 2 pbaoe mages, we get pbaoe in both setups, u only get it in the ice wiz setup.

Chilly

Balls of steel
yeah alright, maybe 1HP was a little underestimation ;) 300 sounds reasonable.

ok, so 300HP = fuck all. 1 style, 1spell wotever.

Sorcs are doing pretty well these i rekon, and Fed - if they ever become the non-primary targets of an assist train il be annoyed, i enjoy watching my group get RP for my uber 1.5s QC mez skillz.

ALso, with the newlifetap, sorcs themselves now get higher dmg, my baseline lifetap does significantly more dmg than my specced DD from body (lvl 36 or so) wheres before it was lower, the only reason i still use the spec DD is....well....its slower, less dmg...hmm....well it uses less pwr but thats it really, and it gets resisted more cos its alowbie spell. Cap on 50% debuff DD went up for me from 491 to about 550 with new LT - i like this patch.

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Chilly said:
Sorcs are doing pretty well these i rekon, and Fed - if they ever become the non-primary targets of an assist train il be annoyed, i enjoy watching my group get RP for my uber 1.5s QC mez skillz..
1.5s QC? give hax!

Chilly said:
ALso, with the newlifetap, sorcs themselves now get higher dmg, my baseline lifetap does significantly more dmg than my specced DD from body (lvl 36 or so) wheres before it was lower, the only reason i still use the spec DD is....well....its slower, less dmg...hmm....well it uses less pwr but thats it really, and it gets resisted more cos its alowbie spell. Cap on 50% debuff DD went up for me from 491 to about 550 with new LT - i like this patch.
imo 40body, 36mind is now a dead spec.
either go 44mind, 31body, or 46body, 28mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom