Nerf Royal Mail.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I feel sorry in respect to their pensions and the plight to defend them, but now imo they are a public nuisance. I am quite sure everyone in the UK by now has an issue with Royal Mail and imo it's time to break their monopoly of the postal system up for franchise of many postal service providers. The fairness of this strike is just getting ridiculous. Discuss.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I feel sorry in respect to their pensions and the plight to defend them, but now imo they are a public nuisance. I am quite sure everyone in the UK by now has an issue with Royal Mail and imo it's time to break their monopoly of the postal system up for franchise of many postal service providers. The fairness of this strike is just getting ridiculous. Discuss.

I heard they get paid pretty much a full day's wages, even though they only work up till lunch....if that's true they can foad!

also they're killing themselves in the sense that everyone is asking other couriers to deliver their mail, then saying "oh blimey, its cheaper than Royal Mail, we'll transfer our business over".

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I heard they get paid pretty much a full day's wages, even though they only work up till lunch....if that's true they can foad!

also they're killing themselves in the sense that everyone is asking other couriers to deliver their mail, then saying "oh blimey, its cheaper than Royal Mail, we'll transfer our business over".

Heard the old cliche about the postie pissing up their wages spending most afternoon's in the pub? Tis true tbh :(

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
The mail service will be completely redundant in a few years anyway.

Writing to people has already been largely replaced by e-mail and bills are all becoming online things anyway.

What's left to deliver that you can't get someone who doesn't wander round every house in the morning to deliver cheaper?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
The mail service will be completely redundant in a few years anyway.

Writing to people has already been largely replaced by e-mail and bills are all becoming online things anyway.

What's left to deliver that you can't get someone who doesn't wander round every house in the morning to deliver cheaper?

the problem is that everyone's email address is not readily available and it has security and data protection issues preventing that from becoming readily available to all ;)

Afran

Part of the furniture
My brother worked for Royal Mail for a year or so, and did get a hell of a lot of time off at full pay :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
My brother worked for Royal Mail for a year or so, and did get a hell of a lot of time off at full pay :p

Repped for managing single handedly to incense the whole of the UK based FH users :p

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie

Most posted mail is business mail and most business rely on it heavily and will continue to do so. it wont be going anywhere any time soon.

soze

I am a FH squatter
My Dad was a postman he used to work from 4 sort his post then do his round this would take him untill 9 - 10 he then went to work in the Sorting Office for 3 - 4 hours. Unlike a normal job this earned him extra pay.

They now want to force the postpeople to work the 8 hours they are paid for. This cuts down on overtime pay and in term affects the pension. The joke is they have had it for that long they think its something they should have. What other job pays you twice for doing your contracted hours?

I think they are being prats as all they are doing is forcing the Business world away from them. My postman is a legend though I had everything from the whole strike period delivered yesterday 6 dvds 2 blu rays and a new phone all locked nice and safe in my shed :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
My Dad was a postman he used to work from 4 sort his post then do his round this would take him untill 9 - 10 he then went to work in the Sorting Office for 3 - 4 hours. Unlike a normal job this earned him extra pay.

They now want to force the postpeople to work the 8 hours they are paid for. This cuts down on overtime pay and in term affects the pension. The joke is they have had it for that long they think its something they should have. What other job pays you twice for doing your contracted hours?

I think they are being prats as all they are doing is forcing the Business world away from them. My postman is a legend though I had everything from the whole strike period delivered yesterday 6 dvds 2 blu rays and a new phone all locked nice and safe in my shed :)

Tis cause he's banging your mummy.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't mind the postmen striking if they want to. It just bloody annoying when you're waiting for post to arrive. Been waiting for credit card pin numbers for 2 weeks......probably been nicked

Seanpaul

Loyal Freddie
I don't mind the postmen striking if they want to. It just bloody annoying when you're waiting for post to arrive. Been waiting for credit card pin numbers for 2 weeks......probably been nicked

or not even ordered :D abuse your supplier!

leviathane

Part of the furniture
tbh all this shit they're doing is just handing the mail delivery stuff to the private companies, just think how much more customers they are making from this.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Thieving bastards. I put £4000 in a clear plastic envelope and addressed it to "whoever finds it". Never came back to me. And I used a stamp

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
I agree that the post office will barely serve a purpose in a few years time with everything electronic.

However the Government should really sort this strike out. Mail is very important to alot of internet based retailers. Although some of this goes through private couriers I think it creates uncertaintainty in customers. I bet ebay / play etc have been hit fairly hard over this due to a lack of confidence in the postal service and things getting through / delayed and lost.

And to the public its a pain when you are expecting important mail - generally from banks etc.

Give them the money, noone else wants to be a postman!- Maybe import some polish posties.. :)

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
TBH I'm just pissed off that half my birthday presents still havn't arrived =(

Mey

Part of the furniture
Makes me laugh tbh mind, the 50p inc they want will take them years to actually get the benefit of all the unpaid days they have taken off in striking..

Corran

Part of the furniture
Makes me laugh tbh mind, the 50p inc they want will take them years to actually get the benefit of all the unpaid days they have taken off in striking..

The pay increase isnt the big issue. Couple more important ones. Namely the pension. By changing the pension plan the way the management want it means the employees have to work about 5yrs longer and in return they also be about £60'000 worse of over the duration of their pension apparently. No wonder they are not happy with that.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Not like they work properly now anyway..

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I say fuck em, I didn't mind the 1-2 day strikes, but now I aint had any post for almost two weeks. FFS I want my start date for work, aint gonna get it till security check is done and that's prolly still sitting in London sorting office >(

Ballot on new deal won't be till tomorrow and then, just then they might repeat might go back to work on Wednesday/Thursday ^_^

wankers all of em imo :(

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Im waiting on my WHOLE PC to come in the mail, i wants it now :<

but i do sypathise, it is hard work.I used to work for them as a casual.

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Im waiting on my WHOLE PC to come in the mail, i wants it now :<

but i do sypathise, it is hard work.I used to work for them as a casual.

I sympathise with no kent that prevents me from starting my job and having the privilege of earning money for the sake of holding out for a few quid >(
If workers behave like this then they have no business having a twatty attitude about people being on the dole and sponging taxes to pay for their livlihood.

soze

I am a FH squatter
The pay increase isnt the big issue. Couple more important ones. Namely the pension. By changing the pension plan the way the management want it means the employees have to work about 5yrs longer and in return they also be about £60'000 worse of over the duration of their pension apparently. No wonder they are not happy with that.

They can't garetee the Pension now so with out changes to the last working year scheme they will go bust faster and there will be no pension.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Well they're costing their company loads at the moment so they likelyhood is they won't even be able to pay the pension's after this :p

Also if i was a manager at the Royal Mail, i'd employ temporary staff to clear the backlog rather than giving the c**ts who went on strike overtime hours.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I'd sack all the postmen and women, then hire everyone from that village in Kenya who produce all the uber long distance runners. No mail would ever be late!

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
I'd sack all the postmen and women, then hire everyone from that village in Kenya who produce all the uber long distance runners. No mail would ever be late!

Nah, it has to be 'Uganda', then I could have all deh moneh's put into my bank account!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom