O

old.Attle

Nerf hunter!

Hugs and kisses to all wannabe hunters¨::clap: :clap: :clap:

/cheer to all wannbe be stealthers? :eek:

And the rest of us are: :m00: :m00: :m00:

C

censi

Hunters will soon become the most viable solo class in the game.....

Just so I can say I told you so 1st.... the insta pet is way way to good... it wont make hunters overpowered when compared to the others classes and grp RVR, but it will make them way overpowered in comparision with rangers and archers and minnys(and maybe even assasins)

That pet will make you and almost imposible class to be dropped solo.... u just run and pop the pet.... not many classes are tough enough to take on the pet as you pump them with arrows... and if they just keep chasing the pet will eventually wear them down...

whine I know but if you look at rangers compared to hunters now... u will have equal buffs (virutally) you will hit harder in melee, hit the same with the bow (virtually) but difference is u get an insta pet?? hmmm no more comments......

O

Olgark

Originally posted by censi
Hunters will soon become the most viable solo class in the game.....

Just so I can say I told you so 1st.... the insta pet is way way to good... it wont make hunters overpowered when compared to the others classes and grp RVR, but it will make them way overpowered in comparision with rangers and archers and minnys(and maybe even assasins)

That pet will make you and almost imposible class to be dropped solo.... u just run and pop the pet.... not many classes are tough enough to take on the pet as you pump them with arrows... and if they just keep chasing the pet will eventually wear them down...

whine I know but if you look at rangers compared to hunters now... u will have equal buffs (virutally) you will hit harder in melee, hit the same with the bow (virtually) but difference is u get an insta pet?? hmmm no more comments......

Try and play a hunter and go solo vs a scout, they block all your arrows and can also stun you for 30 secs to pump two crit shots into you. So I say no we wont be over powered but instead be equal to the other two archer classes. Even now they can hit me in melee faster and for the same damage as what I can do with a two handed spear.

I am more than pleased to see the assassin nerf go in as they where unstoppable with Ignore Pain.

K

kameh

Hunter:
spear = slow, good damage and shitty styles
bow = weak
Pet = insta but unbuffed.

Ranger
CD + piercers = very quick, nice damage and nice styles
bow = very good and just as fast as hunters most of the time.

Personally I dont think there's much in it. From range a hunter usually goes down to a Ranger and will still do unless the pet gets there and interupts firing. Close up Hunters were always meant to be stronger than rangers and scouts but havent been for a very long time.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by Olgark

Try and play a hunter and go solo vs a scout, they block all your arrows and can also stun you for 30 secs to pump two crit shots into you. So I say no we wont be over powered but instead be equal to the other two archer classes. Even now they can hit me in melee faster and for the same damage as what I can do with a two handed spear.

I am more than pleased to see the assassin nerf go in as they where unstoppable with Ignore Pain.

9sec stun, and 2crits? i can only get one in with my friends scout, next shot either gets interupted or switches to normal bc stun already broke

G

Graav

Nerf Hunter ??

aahh cmon they've already been nerfed into the ground, bordering on uselessness atm.

Let them have their love so they're able to fend for themselves again.

I agree with the fact that hunter will be a real bitch to solo melee but as far as bow goes its not going to be changes and the hunter bow skill isnt much to brag about.

C

censi

No dont get me wrong here.... I dont think hunters are overpowered... I think the insta pet is a gr8 thing....

It just unbalances them now in terms of the other stealth classes...

Ranger could quite possibly be the worst class in the game now...

We were force to grp, we cant tank, and PBT makes our bows close to useless.

(still like playing one though)

Its amazing the difference between alb grps and mid grps...

Mid grps I usually fire 10 shots (short bow) and 6-8 will miss from PBT/BT.

Alb grps 10 shots 3/4 pbt...(lot less theurgs thans runeys)...

I started off with the tactic of just going for mages but now I am finding shooting the tanks to pull then on a goose chase while the grp kills the unguarded grp a better tactics against mids.

they really need to give archers some sort of counter to PBT... a way to shoot through it or summing....

My ideal solution is to make crit shots, not effected by bubbles...

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Sharp Thing

9sec stun, and 2crits? i can only get one in with my friends scout, next shot either gets interupted or switches to normal bc stun already broke

yep I was hit twice for 900 damage on saturday night by a albion scout he stunned me then crit shooted me twice for 900 damage. Or if that is your normal damage from a standard shot I say NERF THE SCOUTS.

O

old.Attle

The bpt problem goes for all archers. Imo they shouldn't allow pbt so stack, its far to good.

Allowing crit. shot to pass bubble might be abit to uber. Remember that some archer classes do crit. shot for over 1k of dmg. Then we will have ppl 1 shotting from stealth with no chance of defence.

They should also put longshot and volly in specline. No one will pay 24 rp fpr those RAs.

And finally I really hope they find some way to put in tracking. That would give all archers the RvR group ability they so badly need.

S

Shaz][

Hmm, I disagree.

When you say run away after popping the pet..unless the pet stuns I don't see how that's possible.

As for hunter damage, bow wise, it's appauling. Melee wise, they have a spear or a sword. No dual weild option. The thing that makes rangers so viable in melee (and yes, we can tank...very well infact) is CD and nice dex/qui for evade not to mention the fact that rf is resistant to slash. Hunters have to wear an armour that is vulnerable to slash and thus they drop v quickly.

K

kameh

Censi - about crit shot.. I still think PBT should block it. but I dont think PBT or just BT should have a 100% chance to block anything and I doubt that it'll stay the way it is for long. It should certainly never stack :(

it makes so many of archers attacks "miss" it's unreal.

C

censi

When you say run away after popping the pet..unless the pet stuns I don't see how that's possible.

ok imagine a hunter soloing...

now imagine any other class solo trying to kill that hunter...

IF the hunter bolts imedietly and gets out of attack range.. he just pops the pet and sets it on target while he runs...

Now target can keep chasing... even if target has speed the pet will keep knocking the guy out of speed... if target stops and trys to deal with pet... hunter stops and starts shooting... if target doesnt stop and deal with pet target dies.... or has to sprint away with a mob that wont ever loose lock on him...

Basically if you see a solo hunter you have to kill him outright or you stand a good chance of being killed... specially other stealth classes....

I just think its a tad to good...

C

censi

agree with you attle...

but I just think the only half decent attack that rangers get is the Crit shot.... but its so rare we get a chance to use it now its getting silly...

V

vindicat0r

About him insta-casting the pet on u and running. Ther is a counter for it, just slam the pet and keep Running at the hunter, even if the hunter stops to Fire he wont land any arrows < 1 at the very minimum> before u engage and the pet is 9s behind u and cant hit you. So the only Winner would be the first to run into a Friendly party or hunter stealths.

P.s This of course only applys if you are shield spec :D

S

skile

Originally posted by Olgark

30 secs? 2 critshots? Naa 1 crit + 1 normal with 2x slam.

Slam is 9 sec i think (mayb 8) and the second one is /2 meaning 4.5(4) secs. If we do engage (block like mad) you still have control over us. We cant just take our bow up and start shooting :), the loadtime is to high. If we drop engage we are dead.

S

skile

Hunters hit for 200dmg+ with their damn spear. More than a shield+sword tank.

K

kameh

It's nice to see members of the same "class type" - rangers, hunters and scouts actually discussing something without calling each other childish names. I rarely see this on BW forums these days. Nice one guys :clap:

P.S. I think the hunter pet will cause some confusion/concern until we actually see it in action. I've been watching the VNboards closely so far just to see what rangers and scouts really think about it.

C

censi

About him insta-casting the pet on u and running. Ther is a counter for it, just slam the pet and keep Running at the hunter, even if the hunter stops to Fire he wont land any arrows < 1 at the very minimum> before u engage and the pet is 9s behind u and cant hit you. So the only Winner would be the first to run into a Friendly party or hunter stealths.

erm no slamming the pet would do nothing...... just gives the hunter 100% guarentee of escape and stealth... and a few secs later pet is still locked onto you and coming for you.... sure you'll nail it, but 5 secs later the hunter starts letting rip....

basically a base tank is pretty fecked as soon as hunter is out of melee range....

A

Arnor

why then use assassins to counter mages? when snipers can pick them off from a distance

O

old.Lythande

Actually this is JUST the reason BT was put into the game in the first place, back in the day when Emain was crawling with Lee Harvey Oswald-wannabes one-shotting everything that wore cloth. :D

O

Olgark

I think crit shot should bypass pbt and bt but do only half damage. This would burst the bubble and also give us a fighting chance against mages.

A elementalist can have up to 3 or 4 pets at once. Then there are the other classes that I have seen yellow to a level 50 hunter who have orange pets. So why can't we have a insta pet that can actualy do something.?

My spear has only ever hit for over 150 on a infiltrater or spellcaster. But tis very rare as vs a spellcaster the pbt only lets me hit once every other hit and the infiltrater dodges 90% of my attacks.

As a hunter we do not have any defence abilties other than stealth and even that is negated by See Hidden , ok we got camoflage once every 10 mins after our last attack.

As a hole a archer has a realy big problem as the stacking of the pbt makes it impossible to kill the targets we are meant to be killing which is the mages. The other archers of Albion and Hibernia can out melee me and a Albion scout can kill me with 1141 health points in two shots. In all as a hunter its very hard for us to kill a yellow con target solo.

Long shot should be a bow style for all realms and volley shot should be more like a exploding AOE arrow , these could be done so they take 50% endurance to shoot therefore limiting their uses in RvR. Something needs to be done with them as no archer in thier right mind would take them as realm abilities as they are wank.

S

Shaz][

Originally posted by skile
Hunters hit for 200dmg+ with their damn spear. More than a shield+sword tank.

Max i've been hit with a hunter spear is like 160 and it's slow as hell. One round of my melee should hit a hunter for over 200 and it's faster... :p

As for the whole...hunters are good thing (sorry hatts :p)...

Hmm o_O
Hmm...again o_O

(above pics are without self buffs as they ran out just before the fight)

You may say this is lucky, sure...but the fact that hunters are almost physically unable to kill a ranger right now...they need love :p

E

elerand

Originally posted by Shaz][

Max i've been hit with a hunter spear is like 160 and it's slow as hell. One round of my melee should hit a hunter for over 200 and it's faster... :p

As for the whole...hunters are good thing (sorry hatts :p)...

Hmm o_O
Hmm...again o_O

(above pics are without self buffs as they ran out just before the fight)

You may say this is lucky, sure...but the fact that hunters are almost physically unable to kill a ranger right now...they need love :p

Might also suggest you /cancelstyle off and make it a macro, saw you cancel a few, lucky for the foe of course :p
Think a real look at classes, how they can be specced, how they can be effective, their strengths against particular classes and weakness versus others is in order, shame NERF takes precedent over a more balanced way of addressing class issues :(

B

Brevis

Hunters need loving, no doubt, we will see what 1.56 is like with the new pet when we get in february 2063 just before SI gets out ;)

But the hunter spear can hurt alot, but you need to raise it at an expense of other stats. Atm I have 39+11 spear which mean I hit for 150 on plate'ish armor and about 200-300 on leather/studded (hope mythic doesnt read this to nerf me more)

But to get high spear I have sacrificed Beastcraft (but will respecc to it when 1.56 arrives)
The real trouble with spear is that every single anytime style has penalty to defence, so if you attack a hunter in melee, fighting back with styles actually hurts us more than if we just F6 and target you.

O

Olgark

Originally posted by Brevis
Hunters need loving, no doubt, we will see what 1.56 is like with the new pet when we get in february 2063 just before SI gets out ;)

But the hunter spear can hurt alot, but you need to raise it at an expense of other stats. Atm I have 39+11 spear which mean I hit for 150 on plate'ish armor and about 200-300 on leather/studded (hope mythic doesnt read this to nerf me more)

But to get high spear I have sacrificed Beastcraft (but will respecc to it when 1.56 arrives)
The real trouble with spear is that every single anytime style has penalty to defence, so if you attack a hunter in melee, fighting back with styles actually hurts us more than if we just F6 and target you.

True they also take a hell of alot of endurance. As a dwarf I got prety good consituition and I can only manage maybe 4 or 5 swings of whirling spear after that I have no endurance left at all. Lancer uses less endurance but does not do the damage needed to go against the other classess.

In a way Mythic got it wrong on spears as they are a very defensive weapon mainly due to the reach they had in combat and the ability to use them like a quarter staff and parry your opponets attack. I am not saying we should get parry but just to lower the endurance cost of styles a tad and get rid of the defense penalty from the styles that do not taunt.

Would be nice to have a anytime stun like where in the game you sweap your opponets feet from under them making them prone for 10 secs or so much like the shield stun. I would rather have that than evade 3 .

Users who are viewing this thread