Nerf FS asap

X

Xray

God, i'm so sick of FocusShield groups. They are so boring. They require so little skill. They may be the fastest way to exp in Hib atm. But they have bred a Hibernia full of selfishness.

I was in fins group yesterday. We had seven people in group with people waiting on the List. The LH seemed to think this was ok.

I also joined a rather curious FS group yesterday made up of 4 + 1. One chanter, three druids, one off group mana ment. The chanter and ment were both lvl 50, all the druids were lvl 40-49. I was playing one of my druid alts.

So we go to the "perfect" spot in CF, then the chanter complains that it's too slow using FS without PB. So i offer to log my lvl 50 mana eld. Oh but this will break the magic number of only 4 in the group, so that's no good. Then the chanter says that he has found another chanter to join the group, but that i must leave.

He's kind enough to say that i can rejoin the group in 2-3 hours when his druid dings 49.5. But i dont want to group with people like that.

S

Shrye

lol *that* is the definition of kind? Oo

... but sorta yeah, fins is completely fucked up - doubt it'll change back to it's previous self tho, even when fs is nerfed. Will prolly just bring lvl 50 heroes, wardens and mentalists then to have their alt leech :p

T

Tyka

Must be hard for you, since you obviously can't setup a group yourself so you have to group with these people that you dislike, bummer.

And then come cry about it here.

R

Ravenbourne

Focus has completly ruined pve in this game, very hard to find groups/create them when people only want to be power leveled. even if you do create a workable group half the time people leave to join focus groups

X

Xray

Originally posted by Tyka
Must be hard for you, since you obviously can't setup a group yourself so you have to group with these people that you dislike, bummer.

And then come cry about it here.

Well, i do make my own groups sometimes. But i also like joining other groups. You know meeting different people in the game. And believe me i've met a lot of really nice (un-selfish) people in the game during the past 19 months that i've been playing DAoC. And that's probably what i've enjoyed most about this game.

But my point is that FS is bad for game. It's bred an attitude that this is the only way to exp. I'd love to see a return to the way we exp'ed a year ago with fully balanced groups. Sadly I think you are probably right Shrye

Its a good thing that it's getting nerf'ed. I just wish it would happen now, rather than in 4-5 months time.

K

Karlo

that magic number of 4 is crap.

Nothing wrong with focus groups, but I hate the idea that 4's the perfect group.

O

old.Emma

Lucky im not used to focus groups then ;p

If im solo im "SOLO" dont need others and im happy to sit out the down time (serenity 2 and mcl cut that down a fair bit ;p), if i join a group and they want me to focus pull i saw "NO" focus pulling bores the crap outta me, i wont focus pull regardless of how much i was begged to. Mana spec does not revolve around the bloody Focus Shield. PBAE is my thing its what i`m made for and thats all i`ll do ;p

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Xray
But i also like joining other groups. You know meeting different people in the game.

So you only meet new people when you join a group but not when you set one up and deciede where to go and xp?

k.

K

Kirnan

Funny thing is I remember before anybody knew about FS and people complained far far more then that they couldnt get groups.

At the moment with FS you find a lot of characters that would normally have it very hard being allowed into a group and getting good xp.

Wait until its nerfed and you will cry at how slow and crap groups will be.

A

arrakeen

FS groups rocks, its a way dealing with the booring xp for 0-50 in the most effictive way, ofc what he did and kicked you was lame

F

Freppe^^

Originally posted by arrakeen
FS groups rocks, its a way dealing with the booring xp for 0-50 in the most effictive way

read that, and sadly theyre nerfing it, i was hoping it would stay like this forever =)))))

V

vintervargen

FS is like the best thing that ever happened to daoc, except for LA nerf maybe.

:)

S

Sichama

Focus Shield will be changed, if it's to be nerfed i don't know we will have to see.

Nevertheless there are some things that will never change anyway, people will allways look for the perfect way to do something and when you don't fit to bad, what you experienced because you didn't fit in a perfect FS group, i have experienced many times when i was leveling because i didn't fit in the perfect tank group.

Different setup, different groups, different tools but exactly the same attitude and result.

In the end if you can't help yourself no one has to do it for you.
Set your own group, make good friends with which you can play, accept the fact that if you are not the perfect class for the perfect group you will not xp as fast.

For the Nightshade and Ranger community FS is a better thing than the previous tank group because there are alot of people that don't mind filling up their spots with leechers once they find the nessesary classes.

All in all no sympathy for those that can't take their fate into their hands and absolutely need to rely on random other people to do it.

B

boni_ofdavoid

Focus is good.

Fins groups are lazy and crap.

Though it sounds like your problems where more due to the people you grouped with than focus or the fins spot tbh.

X

Xray

So you only meet new people when you join a group but not when you set one up and deciede where to go and xp?

k.

NO. I didn't say that at all. Why do you want to twist my words to another meaning.

I've been playing DAoC for quite a long time now. I remember a time way back b4 focus groups, b4 fins, b4 even PBaoe. I even remember having the pleasure of grouping with your Hero a couple of times (and that was a long time ago).

I've got 5 lvl 50's, a 49.5 er, a 48, 2 LGM crafters, etc, etc. I've done my fair share of exp'ing and farming. And i've been in all sorts of groups. I've had a lot of fun playing this game.

But my complaint isn't about my in-ability to get groups or even make them. Cos i've done plenty of both. It's about selfish people. And i believe that FS groups have enabled selfish people to be more selfish. Basically you know who your friends are, but its nice when you make new ones.

X

Xray

Originally posted by boni_ofdavoid
Focus is good.

Fins groups are lazy and crap.

Though it sounds like your problems where more due to the people you grouped with than focus or the fins spot tbh.

Yes i agree (with the people thing atleast). But just so we are clear. I was IN the fins group. I wasn't complaining about this guy not letting me join. But about him seeing nothing wrong with keeping people on the list when we had a free spot.

T

Tyka

Well I'm also glad that focus will get nerfed soon so every god damn newbie does not have to camp things that you really need 3-4fgs for, but from my point of view I think this is not the problem here. It's more about you joining a group wich does not fit your standards. And there is only one way to solve that problem.

X

Xray

It's more about you joining a group wich does not fit your standards. And there is only one way to solve that problem.

Ok, let me just get this right.

Either:

You are saying that i shouldn't have joined the fins group?
I was on the list for 6 hours b4 i joined. When i joined, after an hour or so, we were short of a PB. So i logged my mana eld to join group. As soon as another PB was on the list, my eld left and he/she joined. I believe that's the way the List should work. As it happens, after a bit of discussion, when we were 7 with people on the list, i persuaded LH to fill group. But it was his original attitude that pissed me off. btw LH changed atleast once during this time.

OR:

You are saying that i should have left the group with the chanter. I did. And i will never group with him again, except in RvR.

T

Tyka

Well I aint telling you to do anything just think that by now you should know that fins list / group is shit in one way or another, and best ways to have fun/explore/meet new ppl is to ask around yourself and set up one yourself, deciede the spot to farm and enjoy.. I agree with you about some points but I dont see why you waste your time on this tbh..

S

Spamb0t

Originally posted by arrakeen
FS groups rocks, its a way dealing with the booring xp for 0-50 in the most effictive way, ofc what he did and kicked you was lame

W

wuntvor

Well I aint telling you to do anything just think that by now you should know that fins list / group is shit in one way or another, and best ways to have fun/explore/meet new ppl is to ask around yourself and set up one yourself, deciede the spot to farm and enjoy.. I agree with you about some points but I dont see why you waste your time on this tbh..

Welcome back :)

W

wyleia

If FS are soo boring and u hate them, dont join them! The fastest xp is a couple of pb and a couple of tanks to hold the aggro (be that hero, champ, NS, whoever has taunt). But you also need a good druid and most likely a warden and a poweregen mentalist or bard.. FS is an easy grp setup as all u need is a chanter, and someone who can keep the pet alive. That makes it nice for people who cannot get 8 people of the proper classes together, much easier to get 2 people and build on that...

Had a great time at the sett dwellers today in a focus grp (lowbie alt), and yes, we did have an NS in it... entertainment value and all :)

O

old.Laryssa

classic grp > fs group

sadly the nerf will not remove the FS grps - only the efficienty is toned down :D

E

Event

FS is a medium nerf and it is way off - this is the 10,000000000 thread about fins and focus - aint gonna change soon - get used to it once and for all plzzzzzzzzz

X

Xray

Ok, i'll come clean. This was really a whine post about the chanter that kicked me out of his group.

Sitting on the train tonight i recalled a ten day period i spent exp'ing in EZ at Knights. It was undoubtedly the best, fastest exp i've ever had, but still quite challenging.

We were 4+1 group with 2 leachers. Two lvl 50 chanters, druid, menta, out of group BB (resser), ranger, NS. Both chanters were experienced and skilled players. They needed to be.

I remember doing Knights a few times with tank/warden PBaoe groups, but always with 2 fg. Even with 2 fg we frequently got wiped out. I'm not saying we didn't have our fair share of deaths and wipeouts. But that was half the fun. And those mega pulls, where more and then more, then even more add were the truly satisfying ones to survive.

P

PJS

Everyone loves a focus group when they're IN one but chanters should be lined up and shot when they're not. :p

Anyway if you see Wolveryne focus pulling and the group isnt full just let me know, Ill take anyone (please make an effort if your capable of contributing though, taking advantage of people who are nice to you isnt nice). Im normally in CM. Im 50 now so Im just levelling my bots and farming cash.

All I ask in return is salvage drops I split the cash and trash loot :)

Z

Ziva

Lol... i was walking around with my chanter some time ago, helping someone with a quest when i got pmed by someone i didn't know saying "Come to CM!". So i said "uh... i'm like 50 allready, don't need to XP". And this person said "Yeye... you can bring your leech!".

Guess this person didn't know i dislike focuspulling a lot and miss the days of beeing able to blast in a bunch of mobs like a kamikaze protected by 3 tanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom