Nerf Friars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coim-

Originally posted by Jiggs
BECAUSE IT USED TO BE GOOD CLASS AND NOW ITS SHIT COS EVERYTHING ELSE GOT BOOSTED

K
Like armsmans tbh. They're not shit, but nowhere near as good as other realms tanks.

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Coim-
Like armsmans tbh. They're not shit, but nowhere near as good as other realms tanks.

at least they have pole arms1223121!!!!

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Conchabar
at least they have pole arms1223121!!!!
Which have to be double specced for decent damage and are slow as fuck. Missing is fun too.

V

vindicat0r

Which have to be double specced for decent damage and are slow as fuck. Missing is fun too.

Max weapon spec .... Frontloading + /assist are your friend.

Jigg's: Welcome to the world of arm's, everything getting boost's but some 'class's' get left behind :(

C

Coim-

Originally posted by vindicat0r
Max weapon spec .... Frontloading + /assist are your friend.
I'm still not understanding. As I see it, you are basically just repeating what I said. They have to be double specced for decent damage. Example; 50 pole, 50 thrust/slash/crush, rest parry.

V

vindicat0r

140% damage as opposed to 115% for mid/hib's.

Advanced weapon spec.

BTW < not saying this is at all worth it but is a reason ^^ >

C

Coim-

Yeah but when Hero's get moose, warriors the ability to have S/S and 2h, leaves armsman behind just a bit.

C

ChillyDawg

Originally posted by Deletium
Friars got a 15% self absorb buff... so add those to the 10% absorb leather got and u got 25% absorb = Chain!

not really.

alb chain is 27%

so following your logic:

Deletium+random bollocks=stupid tart

yay

P

Prat

Originally posted by etcetra
These fast and hardhitting briton's with nasty big sticks and insane evade-rate should be nerfed asap. Not to mention they have like heals and rezz and so!?

Leather armour
No determination
extremly crap heal line
no cheap RA's well not many get them but its an extension of the list
NO defence from the rear
no good positionals (unless u can get 3 off in a row starting with a side positional
1.5 spec pts per lvl means no full speccing staff unless u wanna be a gimp
Buffs run out every 10 mins
other buffs run out 5 mins later
our epic armour is crap :p
no ranged attacks even as an unspeccable secondary ability
pallys maim our AF buffs
the 15% absorb buff doesnt make up for the extra AF chain gets so dont use that one on us
Low weapon skill
BoF dont work on us properly
our Unique RA is virtually worthless as its bugged to hell
the large damage we can manage is due to the fact we have to use really slow weps to do it
our stat gains on level are useless we gain str on lvl we dont need it
very hard to get a main stat over 300

ill think of more later give me time

S

ssgamblor

WEll i've managed to get my Dex to 303 , but Gamb lor is RR6 ...

It's been 7 weeks since i last took him out and about so my Friar has indeed been nerferd , not by Mytic , but my GOA

Giv password

and just ask vindi . i do cry like a n00b ;p

E

etcetra

Re: Re: Nerf Friars!

Originally posted by Prat
Leather armour
No determination
extremly crap heal line
no cheap RA's well not many get them but its an extension of the list
NO defence from the rear
no good positionals (unless u can get 3 off in a row starting with a side positional
1.5 spec pts per lvl means no full speccing staff unless u wanna be a gimp
Buffs run out every 10 mins
other buffs run out 5 mins later
our epic armour is crap :p
no ranged attacks even as an unspeccable secondary ability
pallys maim our AF buffs
the 15% absorb buff doesnt make up for the extra AF chain gets so dont use that one on us
Low weapon skill
BoF dont work on us properly
our Unique RA is virtually worthless as its bugged to hell
the large damage we can manage is due to the fact we have to use really slow weps to do it
our stat gains on level are useless we gain str on lvl we dont need it
very hard to get a main stat over 300

ill think of more later give me time

Guess what!? I wasnt serious, even thoug they are good. :c)
Just look at Jiggs, Quicksilver and, ehm Gamblors? =p

iplz! ;x

C

Conchabar

I'm still not understanding. As I see it, you are basically just repeating what I said. They have to be double specced for decent damage. Example; 50 pole, 50 thrust/slash/crush, rest parry.

hybrid arm spec imho best spec slam then bring out big ass pole and lay in:)

C

Coim-

Originally posted by Conchabar
hybrid arm spec imho best spec slam then bring out big ass pole and lay in:)
Which means you sacrifice slash/thrust spec points therefore making the unreliable damage output even more unreliable.

D

Driwen

Which means you sacrifice slash/thrust spec points therefore making the unreliable damage output even more unreliable.

42 shield 50 pole, 39 thrust/slash. That would mean your variation should be as small as possible as you get over 50 in your weaponspec with items and RR. Your cap wouldnt be as high as with 50 thrust, but variation should be the same.

B

Blazor Meneth

Quicksilver HURTS!!!

Hate when he pinch my chest hair :(

F

Flimgoblin

140% damage as opposed to 115% for mid/hib's.

Advanced weapon spec.

135% damage (or 145% at 70 spec) instead of...

omg.

135% damage (or 145% at 70 spec) in hib/mid

advanced weapon spec giving the same growth rates on styles as the supposedly less advanced otherones...

DOUBLE SPECCING HAS NO ADVANTAGE AT ALL.

this is the problem with 2h/polearmers :)

D

Denisée

Mid don't got that 135% or 140% as ppl claim. Reason is we get 2h for free...!

But now lets think.
What if friar was a mid class?

V

vindicat0r

Originally posted by driwen
42 shield 50 pole, 39 thrust/slash. That would mean your variation should be as small as possible as you get over 50 in your weaponspec with items and RR. Your cap wouldnt be as high as with 50 thrust, but variation should be the same.

Thrust doesnt effect dmg cap, Polearm spec would though.

Hybrid Spec is crap really, I have tried 2 variation's of it. Giving up Polearm damage for slam is what your saying, Mids and Hib's do not have to do this. They suffer no penalty for it at all, if u got for 39 base weapon spec, say hello to variance, 44 is a bare minium for base weapon spec imo and that's with some RR's under you.

It's not like arms get rolled now a day's anyway, fotm thrust merc's get like 90% of the new tank roll's :D

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
135% damage (or 145% at 70 spec) instead of...

omg.

135% damage (or 145% at 70 spec) in hib/mid

advanced weapon spec giving the same growth rates on styles as the supposedly less advanced otherones...

DOUBLE SPECCING HAS NO ADVANTAGE AT ALL.

this is the problem with 2h/polearmers :)

Yep I know Filmgoblin, but I was just stating the 'so called' reason as to why we have to spec for main weapon and base damage, if u look at that post you will see I said, I dont think it's a good reason and is NOT worth it but like mythic will ever listen anyway :).

They think all arms will be happy with the new style's change's :D........... errr I dont think so mythic try harder. :D

Z

zharr

Some people actually want to play a class that requires skill. Not everyone wants to be a FoTM n00b.

well healers are FOTM but they are still not simple to play they indeed have the complete fotm arsenal of spells (mezz, root, stun, demezz, heal, Pox, AE-stun AE-mezz,and ofc the instant versions) but hey all those abilties need to be played in a good order ;-))

and i love my friar (just dinged 50 3 days ago) but they are a joke vs stealthers they are unable to find RvR groups as peeps want a healer OR a tank and clerics + tanks mostly got chain / plate so..

D

Driwen

Thrust doesnt effect dmg cap, Polearm spec would though.

Hybrid Spec is crap really, I have tried 2 variation's of it. Giving up Polearm damage for slam is what your saying, Mids and Hib's do not have to do this. They suffer no penalty for it at all, if u got for 39 base weapon spec, say hello to variance, 44 is a bare minium for base weapon spec imo and that's with some RR's under you.

if you go to 50 (with items and rr) your variance should be 100% to 150%, unless armsman is different than a hunter in how variance +weapon spec works. So 39 thrust/slash will give you 50+ in the end so the same variance as any other spec, but as said earlier this is assuming that armsman work the same way as hunters.
Ow and you could go 46 pole, 44 thrust, 42 shield aswell. But hybrid spec is for the best rvr group setup not really handy as you dont really need a 2nd shield tank (you might not even need one) and you miss out on damage.

L

Larssi

Originally posted by acei
I'd gladly give up friars for a class that hits 4 times at the same time and VERY hard (savage)... or a race that wears chain armour can PoT, heal, rezz, stun, root, mezz, AE-mezz, AE-stun, insta mezz/stun/AE-stun (healer)....

Ahhhhh yes, healers are next on teh nerf mid schedule? ;) Btw RM can: debuff, DD, AE DD, GTAE, bolt, debuff, PBT, root, snare, nearsight, confusion and have run speed chant. Nerf them after healers I say...

Or are you just trying to lobby for more classes to midgard so abilities could be more spread out?

R

.Raewyn

Originally posted by Denisée

But now lets think.

If they gave friar better armor, better haste, determination, cheap tank RA's, advanced evade, evade buff, parry buff and dps buff and removed the ability to heal and buff sure it would be a mid class.

Y

-yoda-

Originally posted by Denisée

Friars IMO are the most balanced class in the game . they are neither UNDERpowered and they are NOT overpowered . we still have MANY small bugs "which i hope get fixed soon"

so if it were a mid class id have np cos they are well balanced . 1v1 a friar will give u a tough battle . put him in a small or fg rvr n he will struggle to give the group full capability to kill enemys

with friars also exspensive ra's n there is ra's which IMO are a LOT more important than purge/i.p .. dodger2 for example is a must before ip or purge ~"IMO"~,, sure with ip or purge u may be able to save your ass every 30mins but the extra evade from dodger imo will save your ass a lot more than the occasional ip/purge .

play a friar @lvl50 in pve & rvr n u will see we aint anywhere near as strong as some people may suggest .

T

Telamon

Originally posted by Sharma
What about ones with hooded cloaks eh?

all you have to do is get close enough and see if the robe is leather .. you could also see it at the gloves or the boots...

... (harhahar) ;)))

L

loxleyhood

This thread still going? Do I need to go get some silver bullets or something?

O

old.FIN

run a Pub 24/7 , they all will be there

if that dont work, just DELETE same time with savages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread