Neocron

T

The_Sheriff

Anyone tried Neocron?
I only ask as the site is offering ten days free.

I'm just looking for something to pass the time.
I ditched DAOC some months ago, went over to PlanetSide and ditched that a month later.

I know Neocron is a bit old, but I want something new to try.
Any other suggestions (sensible please or I'll lock the thread in a fit of pique) are welcome.

S

Sharma

SWG will suffer the same fate, people will get bored within a month or so :)

B

Belsameth

when I played it I crashed to desktop at least once every 30 minutes, no idea how it is now tho.

V

Validus

neocron is what trog said. why? well there was basically almost no one to play with when the game launched. so now i doubt you'll find more than 30 ppl playing

T

The_Sheriff

Originally posted by old.tRoG
Neocron is a pile of steaming dogshite.
How you can equate a piece of software with bodily wastes excreted from canines is beyond me.
Does it really smell and look like a brown curly thing?
And as for the steaming, presumably it's hot too.

Trog have you tried it? If you have please tell me what's it like, besides the obvious comparisons between it and dog crap that is.
Otherwise please keep your ill-formed opinions to yourself as it may influence people into buying dogshite instead of computer games. :)

O

old.tRoG

Yes, I have tried it.

And, quite frankly, I would enjoy playing with some nice hot dogshite, than attempt to play that game for more than 10 minutes.

It crashes. Alot. And bugger all people play. Everything about it oozes with unplayable shoddiness.

Neocron is the bastard runt of the mmorpg litter.

T

The_Sheriff

Heh, ah well I try it for a few days and see what it's like now.
It can't be any worse than EVE. I tried that for approx 15 mins then ran off screaming and clawing at my eyes.

C

Colin Bass

old.tRoG What alot of shit you talk i would say your a total noob from that review ..I played Neocron for 2 months and tbh its not brillant but its not crap either infact i quite enjoyed some parts of that game..

As for crashing it did in the early days but not that often imo and as for people to play with when i played it there were loads of people to play with and found it quite a good game ..

Im not sure what its like now though i played it 6 months ago but then imo it was decent and had some very good points i can tell you for sure there are many many worse mmo`s out there than Neocron id say try the 10 day trial and make your own mind up and dont take advise from bullshit talking kids that dont know what they are talking about...mk.

B

Belsameth

I played it since beta 4, and can't help but agree with Trog.
it crashed or made you relog at least once every 30 minutes.
when zoning you never knew where you ended up (I once ended up stuck in a dungeon with highly agro mobs, funny thing was that that dungeon was 3 zones away from where I started)
and the 'balancing' was worse then I ever seen.
to make up they added respec pills, that basically gave you unlimited respec so you could customize your character for each and every occasion.
oh, and did I mention that the only class that's worth anything in PvP was the Tank?

C

Colin Bass

I agree early days there were a few bugs but not loads and loads im sure SWG has x 10 what Neocron had and as for the respec pill i think they were great tbh and much needed in that game..As for the Tank being the only good class for P v P well thats strange cause i could own most people with my PSI Monk.

As i said before i played it enjoyed it its your choice.

B

Belsameth

True, Psi was way overpowered before completely oblitterated them and completely split offense and defense/support.

to each is own, I agree, tho you don't seem to share that view judging from your flame toward Trog :)

C

Colin Bass

Well it wasnt much of a flame imo just seemed that he ran the game into the ground when imo it wasnt that bad..

Ill be the first to admit its not brillant but to answer an honest question from the original poster the way Trog did was silly imo.

T

The_Sheriff

Read a recent review and things like the respecc pill has been changed (you now loose a level of experience when you take it)
Crashes are minimal now, graphics aren't fantastic and dungeons are sparse. But the interesting bit is the interactions with other players and clans etc. Plus the skill sets look ...er..interesting and
overall I'd say it sounds and looks good.

I am about to commence my 10 day evaluation of Neocron and will publish my findings as I go on the Neocron BW forum.

Having played DAOC for a year I fancy a change. This might do until WoW comes along.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by Colin Bass
Well it wasnt much of a flame imo just seemed that he ran the game into the ground when imo it wasnt that bad..

Ill be the first to admit its not brillant but to answer an honest question from the original poster the way Trog did was silly imo.

personal opinion. I tend to fully agree with him, tho I must admit I atleast give a reason to why it's a worthless piece of dung ;)

O

old.LandShark

tried Anarchy Online? They offer a week's free downloadable trial, you'll have to supply CC details and manually choose not to start buying subscription at the end of the trial :rolleyes: but apart from that it's a fun free trial. And it's quite a respectable game now; certainly a lot better than Neocron :m00:

K

klavrynd

neocron :

ICH BIN EIN LEET HAXX00r

HAXAHXHAHAHCXHXHXAHXAHCAHXA

KAN EINER MIR IMPLANTIEREN

ICH BIN EIN LEET HAXX0R
ICH BREIN IMPLANTS

etc osv

M

Munkey-

Originally posted by old.LandShark
tried Anarchy Online? They offer a week's free downloadable trial, you'll have to supply CC details and manually choose not to start buying subscription at the end of the trial :rolleyes: but apart from that it's a fun free trial. And it's quite a respectable game now; certainly a lot better than Neocron :m00:

I prefer it offline, much more interaction and its cheaper

J

Jonaldo

How about Anarchy Inline? Where you get to rollerblade and cause lots of trouble in a disorganised manner.

M

Munkey-

that is soooooo passé.

Consider yourself shamed

J

Jonaldo

Anarchy Outline? Where a two dimensional hollow representaion of yourself runs around causing mayhem in no order in particular?

S

Skaven

Also played it when it was in beta and when it went retail. Beta was full of bugs, but I found they were nearly all ironed out when it hit the streets. Had some very nice things in there such as the emotions - didn't even have to type a slash command. If you said the word shit, it would make the appropriate rude sign - which is always good.

B

Belsameth

Bah!

tho I can't help but be curious about how it changed.

S

Sharma

Originally posted by Omniscieous
Anarchy Outline? Where a two dimensional hollow representaion of yourself runs around causing mayhem in no order in particular?

:ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom