Nemesis

W

whipped

Should have been titled. Star Trek : Oh how we've all got so fat.

Data's an android, how can he get all chubby?

!!SPOILERS - DO NOT READ BELOW IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE OUTCOME OF THE FILM!!

Pretty good film. Not as good as previous ones, but some grand speeches from Picard and the bad guy is a supurb actor.

Very little of Riker in the whole film (\o/), although him getting it on with Troi was quite funny.

The "Ramming Speed" bit was great. Reminded me of what Back to the Future II would have been like if Doc Brown had taken marty's advice and decided to "Land on him and we're cripple his car".

Oh adn watch out for an improbable "car leaping into hovering shuttle" sequence. Very silly.

Data Dies!

P

PR.

Haven't seen it yet, waiting for the kiddies to go back to school :)

S

Sawtooth

Posted this in General by mistake but here's what I thought.

At last a film to break the "bad film good film convention". This really is a bad film that shows the franchaise has finally run out of stream. Everything was so familiar and worn out. For a 117 min film it seemed to go on longer than a LOTRs special edition.
The ending was attrocious. I dont think they knew how to end it.
well no spoilers as I think its spoilt as it is. Go see it then think about all the other things you could have spent the money on . ho hum.

D

Durzel

Data dies?? :(

I've downloaded it twice from KaZaA(Lite) - the first time it turned out to be Scary Movie, the second time it ended up being some film with Martin Kemp. Doesn't anyone know how to label movies anymore?

M

MYstIC G

Nobody knows how to label anything on Kazza.

The film is, to be honest, shit, its essentially one of those TV "special" style jobs that should really have just been a 2 part episode that nobody watches on Sky One. The trailer doesn't portray it correctly.

The plot is piss weak, convenient introduction of "B4" the pre-lore proto-proto (how many times will they end up using that I wonder) type for Data. No use of the supposed DS9 tie in & that it was supposed to be that the Romulans had been given access to the technology in an effort to see if an android task force could be created to fight in the war.

Piccards ultimate advisary is an evil version of himself, reeks too much of the pshyco-babble crap in the latest bond film tbh. Romulan government gets overthrown, but yet you see nothing of the Tal-Shiar (sp), yeah ok. Fucking Janeway is an admiral..... just no, wtf.

The list just goes on & on tbh, ah well.

H

Hot Soup

After how many years and series and films with same cast do you expect to have a good film. :)

Its decent , weak in places but generally decent , the b4 bit is contrived , and the ds9 tie in was the usual internet rumour mill , as for the tal shiar they were mostly wiped out in ds9 by the dominion if you'll remember.

M

MYstIC G

And as with everything they were slowley hinted at during some of the Section 31/Romulans being dragged into the war episodes, etc ;P

And its excused away by the "task force" shit they used when describing the fleets of the Tal'Shir & Obsydian (sp) order.

W

whipped

Did anyone else notice the fact that Jim from Neighbours was the Romulan at the begining. He's turning up in a lot of sci-fi over the years. He was in the pilot for Space Above and Beyond, and in the final episodes of The X-Files :)

Check out the wide range of crap he's been in http://us.imdb.com/Name?Dale, Alan (I)

D

danger

He was also in a baad movie called Alien Cargo with Missy Crider :p

D

danger

Originally posted by Durzel
xxx Dies?

I've downloaded it twice from KaZaA(Lite) - the first time it turned out to be Scary Movie, the second time it ended up being some film with Martin Kemp. Doesn't anyone know how to label movies anymore?

Also FFS :p Whipped gave me warning soI didn't read his spoiler and therefore defeat the point of seeing the film...

What are you the human echo Durz? :p

(ahh well I knew it would be shit... isn't the bad guy Damidar from Dungeons and Dragons [possibly THE worst film ever made])

E

ECA

Originally posted by whipped
Did anyone else notice the fact that Jim from Neighbours was the Romulan at the begining. He's turning up in a lot of sci-fi over the years. He was in the pilot for Space Above and Beyond, and in the final episodes of The X-Files :)

Check out the wide range of crap he's been in http://us.imdb.com/Name?Dale, Alan (I)

I resent you calling the greatest space opera series ever ( not withstanding Robotech/Macross of course ), crap.

And yes i am saying SAAB was fucking gr8.

N

nath

it was brill :|

but why oh why did they have to kill them all off bar two?

That sucked dude, that totally sucked :|

W

whipped

You don't know if they killed them all off bar two. The final episode in the series left it on a cliffhanger and they never made anymore. Bastards! I agree, SAAB was fucking brill.

N

nath

well ok, so two survived, two were MIA in that escape pod. the rest... *splat* :/

P

PR.

Ragh, I've been to see Nemesis and I enjoyed it, as whipped said not the best ST movie (First Contact) but very enjoyable non the less.

/me goes off to find it on Kazaa

S

Scouse

Liked it - bit weak at the beginning (bit damn easy to overthrow the romulan government) but once it got up steam then it was cracking :)

And I am finding that I'm genuinely upset that XXX dies ;)

J

jake cop

Originally posted by Scouse
And I am finding that I'm genuinely upset that XXX dies ;)

Tell me about it, how could they? I didn't notice while I was watching the film but I've realised afterwards that it's very similar to Wrath of Khan. The death of xxx is like the death of Spock, and just like the death of Spock there's a loophole to bring xxx back should they wish to.

There are more similarities with WOK too, not just the death bit.

P

PR.

Well Logan said that WoK was his fav film and that he did take elements from that film...

C

Ch3tan

Above and Beyond is the greatest sci-fi I have ever seen, and it was only once series, could have gone on to much greater.

Nemesis was okay, yet again they were scared to explore the Romulans or show them as a major threat. They instead have a human lead enemy, a sub-species and one ship do all the damage.

Seeing as this will be the last movie set in the future Start trek agalaxy for quite a while, they could have plunged the quadrant into war if they wanted.

Data's noble Spock like sacrifice was okay, but you saw it coming, the whole film was way too predictable.

Oh and when you consider the writing team the size of Brent Spiners ego is apparent.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Space Above and Beyond being the thing that was on ludicrously late on BBC2? If so yes, that was pretty spiffing and I'm not normally into stuff like that.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Above and Beyond is the greatest sci-fi I have ever seen, and it was only once series, could have gone on to much greater.

It was two series, then it got canned by some twat execs in the US.

C

Ch3tan

No it was one series, 24 episodes including the two hour pilot. My mate still has them all on video.

Search around a bit on google if you don't belive me, some good fan sites around.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by jake cop

Tell me about it, how could they? I didn't notice while I was watching the film but I've realised afterwards that it's very similar to Wrath of Khan. The death of xxx is like the death of Spock, and just like the death of Spock there's a loophole to bring xxx back should they wish to.

There are more similarities with WOK too, not just the death bit.

It's not similar to WOK in the slightest. WOK was the only Star Trek film worth watching. Nemesis is pure unadulterated donkey turd.

J

jake cop

Originally posted by bodhi
It's not similar to WOK in the slightest. WOK was the only Star Trek film worth watching. Nemesis is pure unadulterated donkey turd.

Yes it is my filmically challenged comrade, it has the same themes, the same scenes, the same characters and the same ending.

I could break it down for you, but you wouldn't understand so just go back to the sand and plant your head back where it came from.

Nemesis is no where near as good as Khan though, good to see even you can tell that.

J

jake cop

Oh my god. Are you really that retarded?

It's amusing to hear the opinions of someone who clearly knows nothing about film. It gives a valuable insight into the target audience of the blockbuster.

You haven't the slightest idea how to deconstruct a film have you? You can't even accept the fact that one film is based on another.

Please don't talk about film, you are pitiful.

O

old.Jayminator

Oh my god. Are you really that retarded?

Can you stop the "hardman behind a keyboard" routine?

Please? There's a good boy.

B

bodhi

Originally posted by jake cop

It's amusing to hear the opinions of someone who clearly knows nothing about film. It gives a valuable insight into the target audience of the blockbuster.

You haven't the slightest idea how to deconstruct a film have you? You can't even accept the fact that one film is based on another.

Please don't talk about film, you are pitiful.

There's more than one way to skin a rabbit my dear boy. My film criteria are different from yours. If you grow up and accept this without trying to look like a quasi-Barry Norman without the sense of humour, I'm sure you'll make yourself look like less of a tit.

Oh and Jayminator, Pot is on the phone. He would like to discuss how black you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom