Negative reps

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
lol i find it funny how when daoc players get such abuse sometimes around here.

"Daoc players whine too much etc. etc. rant bitch etc. etc."

Well look whos whining about the whiners? Whats worse?

Clown

Part of the furniture
I'm whining about the people who are whining about the whiners. I think this makes me king of the world, but I'm not quite sure. Will someone please confirm/deny my position in life?

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Clown said:
I'm whining about the people who are whining about the whiners. I think this makes me king of the world, but I'm not quite sure. Will someone please confirm/deny my position in life?

youve not even been classified by science yet so its too early to say;)

Penguin

Fledgling Freddie
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Clown again."

lol - ah well.

Incase you were implying that i'm whining about the people whining about the whiners, i wasn't :p

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Just because you haven't seen me post you think its OK to dive in with both feet and make wanker comments? You're a fuckwit. Get back to your ghetto and leave the adults to talk.

<Chuckle>

I'll take some advice from TdC and Clown and just stop being baited into replying.

you may not know this Bubble, but if DaGaffer hadden't said "yes" at some point there wouldn't have been a daoc forum on BW/FH. It's partially due to him that you are allowed to be here.

True, i didn't know that, its a shame the opinion and treatment of daoc players has gone down hill, we might not be as original as you FPS guys, but thanks to Deebs and co this forum is our community too, hell lots of people left daoc but still post in the daoc part frequently.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Iirc BW was originally about Quake, a very long time ago. It's possible that even EverCrack wasn't around at the time but I'm not sure of the timelines. Right now the only activity that I know of is BF2, CSS, DAoC and WOW. And the consoles ofc, but those guys are strange ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
TdC said:
Iirc BW was originally about Quake, a very long time ago. It's possible that even EverCrack wasn't around at the time but I'm not sure of the timelines. Right now the only activity that I know of is BF2, CSS, DAoC and WOW. And the consoles ofc, but those guys are strange ;)

yeah i used to play on the BW CS servers when i was a student, everyone scared of the console guys :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
BWCS needs a revival. Bring back the good ole "what, map change, fuck that where's the RCON" server messages.

And of course all of CS-B should be admin's, natch.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I would gladly pay money to kill Meg to death with a knife, and then taunt him again as I used to :)

Dommers

Fledgling Freddie
lol Who Cares About Rep Its A Green Little Square That Goes Under Your Name You Sad Depraved Bastards!!!

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Tom said:
I would gladly pay money to kill Meg to death with a knife, and then taunt him again as I used to :)
*snap*

Eyes open... wide awake ;)

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure we could put in a good challenge against the Generalites :D

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
MYstIC G said:
And of course all of CS-B should be admin's, natch.

What?! All the admins are in the same clan? Whooops, how did that happen :p

TdC

Bubble said:
I'm sure we could put in a good challenge against the Generalites :D

I dare you guys to organize this. It's been talked about before, but as far as I know it's never happened.

btw, I opt myself out of both teams because I can't play CS for like...shit dudes :)

TdC

certain things regarding a possible game have been set in motion. I'll get back to everyone on this.

Chilly

Balls of steel
if we need a server I have one that can take up to 30 ppl and I can dish out the rcon to the generalites...er ahem.. ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i only have Cs:S. are we talking that or just CS?

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I think most CS players upgraded so it shouldn't be a problem :)

TdC

ok, I've had some feedback. I'm doing a thread in the general forum.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Getting back on topic, as much as I'd like to see negative reputation, it just isn't viable in its current form. I'd personally like to give some negative rep to certain flamebaiting posts, but it's just too easy to abuse. :(

Without meta-moderation (moderation of moderation), the system is easy to abuse without consequences. Something similar to slashdots whole moderation and karma system is probably more suitable, but it's something which would take too much time to hack up in vBulletin. Basically points are limited, you only get a short amount of time to use those points. With meta-moderation you have no idea who moderated, you just give your opinion on if the moderator is fair. More reliable moderators will get more points to moderate with.

Until idiots are prevented from abusing negative reputation, it probably isn't a good idea to enable it.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
GReaper said:
Getting back on topic, as much as I'd like to see negative reputation, it just isn't viable in its current form. I'd personally like to give some negative rep to certain flamebaiting posts, but it's just too easy to abuse. :(

Without meta-moderation (moderation of moderation), the system is easy to abuse without consequences. Something similar to slashdots whole moderation and karma system is probably more suitable, but it's something which would take too much time to hack up in vBulletin. Basically points are limited, you only get a short amount of time to use those points. With meta-moderation you have no idea who moderated, you just give your opinion on if the moderator is fair. More reliable moderators will get more points to moderate with.

Until idiots are prevented from abusing negative reputation, it probably isn't a good idea to enable it.

***Jup and Ouro in agreement shocker***

;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom