Need some tips on bards...

G

Gabrial

Anyone got any tips on speccing my bard?

Are groups easy to find later on?

Currently Im lvl 16 with something like 11 music, 5 blades and 14 nurture (something like that anyway).

I was thinking of going high nurture, music and some blades but now Im not sure sure after struggling to solo some high blues. What is a bards usual role in a group? What are people looking for in a bard? I dont wanna roll up a char that noone will group with:) so I was thinking maybe I need to spec some healing?

A

Alrindel

What is a bards usual role in a group?
End song during the fight and mana song after. GOTO 10.

I'm not really qualified to talk about endgame spec, but my 24 Thidranki bard was 23 Nurture, 16 Music and 7 Regrowth, and I'm going to roll another one because it was so much fun. For that you get:

Endurance song 3
Speed song 3
Mana song 2
35 second AE mezz
Cure Disease

Not a bad mix.

G

Gabrial

OK so I think I'll go for plenty of nature then (nearly max), lots of music and a bit of healing to get my cure poison/disease.

D

drummer

Nurture 43
Regrowth 16
Music 47
rest in blunt/blades

This is the common used spec for bards.

People expect a bard play songs so high nurture is a priority.
43 Is kind of enough as you get speed 5 then , you NEED speed 5 for RvR or your gimped :p
Getting end 5 and mana 5 isn't worth it.

16 regrowth is to get the second rezz which gives the dead guy more health when he's rezzed. Medium healing

47 music will provide you with a lovely Insta AE mezz , some resists , DD Shout , and amnesia and confusing ( though the last one is uber shit )

From lvl 30s you'll prollly only be able to kill blues/greens and from 35 only greens :)

Hope this helps

G

Gabrial

So its a pretty group based class then. Thats OK, I prefer groups its just finding them thats the problem!

O

old.Tzeentch

Originally posted by drummer
Nurture 43
Regrowth 16
Music 47
rest in blunt/blades

This is the common used spec for bards.

People expect a bard play songs so high nurture is a priority.
43 Is kind of enough as you get speed 5 then , you NEED speed 5 for RvR or your gimped :p
Getting end 5 and mana 5 isn't worth it.

end 5 is in the package if you go for speed 5 :)

O

old.Niljindil

/em wonders what would happen if a bard joined a group with full regrowth/weapon :)

A

Alrindel

The group would wonder why they were running so slowly and blame GOA for the lag.

G

Gohlanchdir

Well i love theese posts about bards cause everyone is against me.

My bard is specced equall in regrowth and music at 33, and takin nurture to 43 atleast...might be more in music----

All my songs are currently 4 so i am nice in groups, and the 33 regrowth makes me heal:

Major: 430 approx......kinnda low mana use though so it`s nice
Usuall: 250-260ish, can`t even see mana bar moving
Group heal: 215-225.

So i guess my bard is specced more for PvE, than RvR, but i really enjoy mu specc alot.....gives a nice change from the regular specc...tried that aswell, but i like to heal more.........with 33 in regrowth i can easily take the spot of driuds in group, which gives 2 songs, +quite ok healing...that most people find very nice

A

angrysquirrel

ive replied to these types of post lots now !

get speed 5, dont go for 47 music - its just another insta that doesnt compete with the castable aoe mez ! stick those extra points into healing !

P

Pempulla

Originally posted by Gohlanchdir

Major: 430 approx......kinnda low mana use though so it`s nice
Usuall: 250-260ish, can`t even see mana bar moving
Group heal: 215-225.

Do you have serenity5 and mana regen 4-5 all the time? Since my experiences with those heals are very different.
IMO the major heal is a mana hog as are the usual heal and the group heal... Of course all of them have their uses, especially in RvR.
Minor heal is what I use mostly though (PvE), with regrowth maxed with items it heals for a constant 167HPs (adding the odd crit heal to the equation makes it very powerful actually) and that for only 15 power/spell AND the fastest cast time.

N

Novamir

the higher insta makes a lot of difference with resists..................................................... :rolleyes:

but im not a bard :)

B

blem

47 in music is nice, inst mezz is not your primary mezz (in any situation) but when you missed 2 or 3 mobs/albs/mids with your mezz it is nice to be able to insta mezz them when they come running after your, and there is a large difrens in the area on the 2 insta ae mezzes (area is 150 on small and 300 on big).

Users who are viewing this thread