Need some help :)

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Was hopeing anybody from uk could help me out here abit :) my best friend really wants to move to the uk an work for a year but she is haveing problems finding something, so was hopeing someone could maybe help me where to look so i could help her out abit.. She whould really like to work with people, old ppl/kids an stuff like that.. Anybody who could help me out where to go an look so i could cheer her abit up? :)

thx in advance

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
she can come work for me! a reward in itself! :p

will try an ask her :p

btw what is enhanced CRB? :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
its a criminal check, so they can see if you have any convictions etc :)

criminal records bureau i thinks?

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Outlander said:
its a criminal check, so they can see if you have any convictions etc :)

criminal records bureau i thinks?

thx :cheers:

Tilda

I'd guess temping agency work would be her best bet. She may have trouble though as I'm not sure if she'll need visas etc. If Denmark is in the EU she should be fine, but my b rain is fried after working the last 16 hours so i cant remember even though i should be able to :(

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
I'd guess temping agency work would be her best bet. She may have trouble though as I'm not sure if she'll need visas etc. If Denmark is in the EU she should be fine, but my b rain is fried after working the last 16 hours so i cant remember even though i should be able to :(

yes denmark is in eu so dont think that will be a problem :)
also nice to know what i should be loooking for, been looking at support worker? is a step in the right direction?

fh offtopic > google!! :)

Outlander

Part of the furniture
yea support worker or youth worker something like that? not sure exactly what kind of thing specifically she is after or qualified to do do.

Mikah75

Can't get enough of FH
agencies are very good ways to get jobs.. helped my sister alot! she got made redundant and started a new job within 2 weeks, on a higher salary than before, with a very respectable company...
they would be her best bet i think

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
It's not exactly old people or young kids but try Youth Hostels.....official and independant.............great place to start work in UK and it usually gets accommodation included until you get a more preferable job.
York is a good start (whistles innocently) ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Mikah75 said:
agencies are very good ways to get jobs.. helped my sister alot! she got made redundant and started a new job within 2 weeks, on a higher salary than before, with a very respectable company...
they would be her best bet i think

Red Light inc? :D

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Tilda said:
but my brain is fried after working the last 16 hours so i cant remember even though i should be able to :(

Tilda you dummy, your supposed to put the cips in the fryer not your brain!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Make sure you instruct them on the joys of the Congestion Charge

Gibberish

Fledgling Freddie
The U.K. is divided in to counties. Dpepends on what part of the country your friend is moving to but if she wants to do social care or work with children then she should contact the local County Council of the area she wants to move to.

She can then ask to be put through to Social Services Department to check on jobs working with old people and adults and similarly be put through to the Local Education Authority to check on jobs working with children in schools.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
If she wants to work legitimately over here she'll need a National Insurance number, which she will need to apply to the Department of Social Security for (assuming it's still called that, might have changed :p ). She will also need to get a UK address. To work with children then as mentioned earlier she'll need to have her Criminal Records Bureau check done, though that can wait until she's offered work as any prospective employer will get one done. For work with children it's a good idea to look for vacancies with Social Services, Education Dept. or the Youth Service in any of the local authorities as said earlier. Many jobs will require either experience or qualifications in working with children, though the experience required can include voluntary work done. There is an organisation that helps people moving from the EU to the UK which will give her all the information she needs. Unfortunately I don't remember it, though if I remember to ask my missus she might remember it from when she moved over.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Eures is the organisation. Do a google search and you'll find their website - tells you all you need to know :)

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
hehe unlimited amount of knowledge and resources on FH it seems

Aadia

Fledgling Freddie
About a year and a half ago I moved from Belgium to England (to move in with Bracken :eek7: )

Anyways i went to the unemployment service in Belgium at the time of which Eures is a separate section that deals with moving and working in different countries (Eures does have deparments in each country). I suggest stronly to visit both parts (as in Eures and your unemployment/employment office) because in Belgium they don't seem to talk to eachother though they are in the same building :twak:

What Eures does is they give you information of what kind of formalities you need to fulfill for the unemployment service and tax and council in your homecountry + all the things you will need to set up in the UK as your council, national insurance number, work, ...
However! The Eures in your country will only be able to tell you what you need to do in your home country so you will need to contact an Eures office in the UK (near to where you will live) to get all the information about what you all need to do for your UK bits.

As for work? I suggest joining a few agency's as you'll have problems otherwise getting a job easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom