Need some help on Inf class

O

old.LandShark

/em feels silly and hides
only lvl50s I've access to on US servers, were indeed already lvl50 at 1.52. I thought one of them wasn't, my friend who owns the account tells me that he hit 50 the day before they patched to 1.52.
My baaad

Z

Zill

Originally posted by Pin

And the reason Zilly claims that Dragonfang is the most unfair and unbalanced style in th egame is because he has some gimpy template that doesn't have a melee stun and he's been beaten by infiltrators that have one (go figure :rolleyes: ). <snip>

Even if I eventually do suceed in leveling an Inf to lvl 50 on the pvp server, I'll still be admitting the move is unfair and unbalanced - go figure.

Z

Zill

Originally posted by K0nah

I read on US boards (ign) that shadowzerkers own dragonfang infs. Reason being since both hands always hit with LA, infs cant evade both, hence never get an evade style off. Might be worth looking into @ respec time ;)

I was considering shadowzerker for pvp for this reason. But I doubt ill reach 50 or even close on pvp so fighting ppl with dragonfang is a non-issue. Going troll skald I think :)

And how is Dragonfang the "the most unfair and unbalanced style in the game" when Slam doesn't even require an opening?

I had heard rumours in regards to SZs getting the upper hand with certain classes on the pvp server. I'll try and find the link and have a read up on it.

And I won't bore you again with my opinions on DF. I thought I would get away with it by stating my intentions of starting up an Inf wth lvl 50 Thrust.:) As for slam I acknowledge there's more skill and risk involved by executing the style so I have no problem with it.

Z

Zag Barr

Originally posted by Pin

You can evade both hands, but obviously just not as often a single-hand swing.

Even so, this is irrelevant as you only need to evade(/block/parry for other classes) the mainhand for it to be counted.

The reason shadowzerkers rip through infs (before level 50) is slash vs leather, thrust vs leather. At level 50 though, with Dragonfang, an inf can hold his own.

Not quite true - you have to evade the last hit, for DF to succeed. Yesterday I evaded both hits (main and LA) and got hit by poison right after that, and my DF wouldn't work. So if you evade, you can use DF until you are hit the next time. That's why, after DF you can use your CS evade styles until your victim wakes.

Fights with shadowzerkers are always close ones - if both have IP up, you will get a chance to use DF once and the outcome is always close. Having the fastest weapons possible helps a lot, unfortunately they have crap damage in this patch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom