Need some help booting me pc

T

tainted

im ready to try anything at the moment, will give different multiplier settings a shot. do I need to make sure they still multiply to the same or similar clock speed? dont want to overclock anything just now

I havent the latest bios, but the version I do have is supposed to support my cpu. Ive not flashed a bios before how exactly is it done?

T

Tom

I couldn't get the cpu speed I wanted with the normal values, so I adjusted them to different multiples, and did it that way.

If its an Asus board, use their utility to download the bios, run the program, select the nice new BIOS file you just downloaded, and flash it. Dead easy.

Ahh, I just noticed we have the same MB, so you might well have problems getting the correct cpu speed. Definitely get the latest BIOS, it will help massively.

T

tainted

Well despite my earlier confusion I managed to work out which version of the bios for which rev I needed.
did the update reasonably well, made a few newbie mistakes but it installed ok.

loaded into windows and it came up as 2083mhz without me needing to change the bios (though I did check it, its at 166 x 12.5(auto) and the memory at optimal/auto.

rebooted and it was still recognising it as 2083mhz

powered down and stuck my 2nd memory stick back in, and it still thankfully came back on as 2083mhz. So hopefully Ive figured it out, though I wont be completely convinced for a few days ~_^

Thanks for the help everyone, and incedentally whats the best configuration for ram with the A7N8X D? Ive got them in slots 2,3 at the moment. Isnt there a 'dual channel' configuration or something along those lines?

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Insane

also make sure both memory sticks are in the blue sockets so you get ultra-spangily(tm) dual memory configuration, or you'll be hitting yourself with a dead duck.

there you go

Users who are viewing this thread