Question Need some advice on digital cameras / phone cameras

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
So i have been digging around info on all kind of digital cameras and mobile phones with cameras in them but have not been able to make up my mind just yet, so i decided to ask "you guys" for advice.

I have a budget on roughly 200 euros to spend.

I'd especially prefer a digital camera with lots of functions when it comes to modifying the picture. Will be for allround use, people / nature etc.

Help will be greatly appreciated!

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
That'll buy you a compact camera and not much more. But in that price range, I'd go for the Canon Ixus 970 IS.

Was actually one of those compact ones i were looking for. This one seems to have alot of features aswell as nice picture quality. Will probably buy this one, so ty for the advice :clap:

edit: I suppose its not worth putting more money into a compact camera rather than taking the jump to a real digital camera.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The Sony compacts around that price range are well worth a look as well. Although personally I would get the Canon.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
edit: I suppose its not worth putting more money into a compact camera rather than taking the jump to a real digital camera.

I wouldn't say so, they are inherently limited by their small sensor size and generally "poor" optics.

Great for party shots and farting around on holiday, or if all you want is 7"x5" prints, but not if you're into photography on a more serious level.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I wouldn't say so, they are inherently limited by their small sensor size and generally "poor" optics.

Great for party shots and farting around on holiday, or if all you want is 7"x5" prints, but not if you're into photography on a more serious level.

Well. My economics and general situation limits me only to farting around on holidays and parties, so i guess its a good choice.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
CHDK Wiki

Lots of fucking around to be done with Canon cameras.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I have a Canon IXUS 860IS and it is superb!! Just point and click on the auto setting! Brilliant!

It has picture stabiliser so you will hardly ever get blurry photos. In fact you probably wont. The only time i have had blur is with a very closeup shot in poor light. So far I have taken about 300 photos and all of those have been crystal clear.

Pictures are awsome and the battery life is amazing! I can take hundreds of pictures and videos and the battery is still going strong!

Also it takes incredible videos...unfortunately you can't really use the zoom as the quality isnt so great then.

Only thing it doesnt have is a view finder but I never feel I need it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom