Need some advice from peeps well familiar with TOA

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
Up until recently my plan was to buy two mp weapons, weighted doublebladed axe and weighted bearded axe, and use my TG mending weapon-proc on one of them and something else on the other - here is my questions:

1. Is it stupid to imbue the weapon with the proc pre-TOA? (not actually SC it tho)

2. Is there any axe or left axe weapon in TOA that will be fairly possible to get (meaning not extremly rare) and that will be better or just very good comapred to a crafted weapon?

3. In general, are crafted armour/weapons still one of the best things to use after TOA?

4. Will crafted weapons and/or armour get improved in any way in TOA? As in a possibility to imbue more stuff or maybe combine it with other items?

Please explain as good as you can since I dont fancy the idea of wasting such a rare and expensive proc on a stupid decision - thanks alot in advance. :D :cheers:

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
Up until recently my plan was to buy two mp weapons, weighted doublebladed axe and weighted bearded axe, and use my TG mending weapon-proc on one of them and something else on the other - here is my questions:

1. Is it stupid to imbue the weapon with the proc pre-TOA? (not actually SC it tho)

Probably not both of your weapons will be artifacts so you can use the proc on one of them, but make sure which weapon you want in www.visionofsages.net and the patch notes + camelotherald.com (for the nerfs)

2. Is there any axe or left axe weapon in TOA that will be fairly possible to get (meaning not extremly rare) and that will be better or just very good comapred to a crafted weapon?

I have not seen any left axe weapons since i havent focused on that subject. but check that webby (www.visionofsages.net) for it. Any artifact is probably better then MP crafted but only at level 10 :p

3. In general, are crafted armour/weapons still one of the best things to use after TOA?

Yes, it's hard to cap everything with complete TOA items, you will always need some form of crafted to make a nice template. Ofcourse MP's will be nice, but not always needed since the utility on those items is sometimes very high. Do NOT pre-order your armor before you know precisely what your template is going to be.

4. Will crafted weapons and/or armour get improved in any way in TOA? As in a possibility to imbue more stuff or maybe combine it with other items?

No. Nothing of the sort. Perhaps they will get some new looks soon, but not more slots or imbue points.

Please explain as good as you can since I dont fancy the idea of wasting such a rare and expensive proc on a stupid decision - thanks alot in advance.

You are most welcome :p

emma

Loyal Freddie
A majority of blades are currently using Malice/Sun axes for there weapons. This could change when the stat/bonus caps are nurfed though as both those weapons are pretty slow 3.x - 4.x spd so only really worth using if you have max +melee speed and aug healer haste.

Some others to consider are Battler/Spear of Kinds/Golden Spear all 3 are good weapons currently but things could change with the nurf :(

As for armour the only parts worth using currently tbh are the Scarab Wing Vest and Guard of Valor. SWV seems the most popular of the 2 but both are equally as good and ofc there MP AF102.

Yes crafted stuff is still good but if you want to compete well you will need to get several artifacts and alot of ToA items which can be hard to get on your own.

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
If peope got more tips and pointers on what to do please enlighten me. ;)

I aint sure still tho...can you use the proc mentioned on TOA-stuff? Artifacts? Legendary weapons? Is it good/bad?

EDIT!! In short....should I imbue a mainhand weapon now or wait and see what weapon I will use post-TOA? EDIT!!

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
All these ToA armours seem a bit crap, they raise caps on certain stats etc.. but you lose that armour piece to place the stats on if I am reading correctly?

And does anyone know if u get anything for doinf the ML10 quest?

Jareth Spellfire

Fledgling Freddie
If peope got more tips and pointers on what to do please enlighten me.

I aint sure still tho...can you use the proc mentioned on TOA-stuff? Artifacts? Legendary weapons? Is it good/bad?

Bottom line :

Artifacts:
Artifacts almost all have special abilities. Mostly two of them. /use and /use2 are the commands to use these abilities. Not all of them are charges/timed abilities though. The procs that are on it work like the the normal procs (when you hit or get hit) The only reason you will want artifacts is because of these abilities + the special TOA bonuses they give. Else it's just waste of utility/imbue points. Also be very carefull which artifact you choose because 1. they are HELL to level sometimes and even worse to get them in your possession even and 2. The nerfs are plenty and eventhough you see a website displaying it, GO SEE THE PATCHNOTES AND TESTNOTES ON WWW.CAMELOTHERALD.COM FIRST!!!

legendary weapons:
I heard it's not really hard to get the components to make them, but their stats arent uber, the proc isnt super but the rumour is that they have elementairy damage. I'll have to check up on that last thing little more thought, but all in all i'd say it's not worth it.

For marcus :
- All these ToA armours seem a bit crap, they raise caps on certain stats etc.. but you lose that armour piece to place the stats on if I am reading correctly?

The best about toa artifacts and quest items is that they occupy more slots then normal items. So most templates are still easily cap-able.

- And does anyone know if u get anything for doinf the ML10 quest?
Yes you get ML10 abilities (GOA didnt say anything about ML10 abilities, it's a reward secret for the first who got it, but other's can get it too)

Funkdocta

Fledgling Freddie
thanks jareth :)

Im not to sure what you mean about ToA items occupying more slots? more slots on the item, or more slots for the item to go in? I remember someone somewhere said certain items will go over other items?

Damn this ToA is gonna take a lot of research to get a good template/items.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom