Need help with subs please

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
I left Daoc some six months ago, but I wanted to check it out again.
So, this saturday I went to the subs page and proceeded to the password lost page (cos Ive obviously forgotten it ;) and asked them to send me my subs password.

But I've yet to receive any mail from GOA :(
I've checked my blocklists and it should come through.

Can anyone help meh?

Bahumat

FH is my second home
it could take 24 hours to process or maybe the email address you registered the account under is not what your checking.

try and think if the email address youir checking is the same as the one the account was registered with...i know it sounds dumb but its worth chekcing none the less!

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
I've waited four days and it's the correct one, as I tried with another adress that could be it, but it said "could not find that adress in our database".

Fyren

One of Freddy's beloved
Requiel for bump!

Dont wanna buy a new account :(

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
When you request a new password, the email is sent automatically and withina few seconds. Usually (depending on your mailserver) you will recieve it within a couple of minutes. It's a very straightforward system and doesn't really break.

The emails we send you come from a 'noreply' email address which some ISPs filter as spam automatically, depending on who your email box is provided by you may or may not actually recieve them. Hotmail is particularly bad for this, they recently tightened up their anti-spam features and many of our customers who use Hotmail had to change their email address or reset their filters as a result. If you do recieve them then it's possible that they get automatically bumped to a bulkmail folder or the deleted items folder depending on how your mailbox is set up.

My advice is to do the following.
1: Check your deleted items, trash and bulkmail folders to make absolutely sure the emails haven't been recieved and filtered.
2: Check the preferences and filters for your mailbox, make sure that goa.com is a trusted domain for filters and that noreply addresses aren't automatically filtered.
3: If the mail hasn't been sent to a different folder somewhere and your filters look ok, then contact your mailbox providers to see if there is an automatic filter before it reaches your inbox.
4: After doing all of the above request the password again. The emails we send have a time sensitive URL in them which is a link to your new password. After about an hour it will expire and is no longer valid so an old email will no longer be any use to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom