Need help with iTunes?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Ok when i first bought my ipod i didnt have a laptop so i gave it to a friend to put music on it for me....i have a laptop now and just installed iTunes but when i put in my ipod it told me that in order for it to be the main ipod for this itunes ii would have to delete all my music.....no way!....is there any way to get all my music onto my itunes library?

REP FOR HELP!!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I can't help but...

looneytunes.jpg

?

Golly

Fledgling Freddie
get whoever put the music on in the first place to upload his version of itunes onto the ipod itself, its only like 4mb packed and dead handy if your round at a m8s or somethin and you want your music offa the ipod (cus hardly anything likes to play m4as and no normal programs seem to be able to decode the data off an ipod :<)

problem is its probably trying to update the ipod itself, just dont let it until you got the music onto your hdd

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
best way is, control panel->add/remove program->remove Itunes

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
best way is, control panel->add/remove program->remove Itunes

Kinda have to agree there, never saw itunes...or any i product...as anything but really, really annoying pop-iups.

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
personally I get allergic reactions when to close to a computer with Itunes in it :(

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
itunes is WANK. Crappy DRM another reason not to buy apple.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
I'm pretty sure you would just need to uncheck the synchronize option so that iTunes doesnt automatically try to synch your version with your ipod. It just means you need to manually drag things over but thats hardly a hassle =)

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I'm pretty sure you would just need to uncheck the synchronize option so that iTunes doesnt automatically try to synch your version with your ipod. It just means you need to manually drag things over but thats hardly a hassle =)

Nope - apple's DRM makes sure you can't syronchise music from one computer to another using iTunes. iTunes pairs the music with a particular computer.

Gamah

Banned
If you buy from itunes yeah, if you have your own music then no.

Gamah

Banned
It's when you trade currency in exchange for a product or service.

Jeremiah

Fledgling Freddie
Nope - apple's DRM makes sure you can't syronchise music from one computer to another using iTunes. iTunes pairs the music with a particular computer.

What I meant is that having synchronizing on means that your iPod library will mirror your current iTunes library. I know dragging from iPod to iTunes doesnt work, but dragging from iTunes to iPod puts your music on when you've unchecked the sync option =)

The DRM on songs downloaded from Apple just means you cant play those tracks on a iTunes which isnt authroised with that account which downloaded the song, but since you can authorise more than one iTunes, I've never found it a problem.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
yes you can get the music off w/o deleting it.

1. Plug in ipod
  2. ignore what itunes tells you and open up my computer
  3. click on your ipod harddrive icon
  4. open up the file ipod_control (make sure see hidden files is on)
  5. click on music folder
  6. and voila, theres all your music

just copy and paste it all somewhere and sort it out later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom