need help with dual logging

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
right the issue i have is that when i dual log..the second account ld's after about 10 mins...maybe more if im lucky...my system is as follows:
alienware aurora 5500
Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express
nvidia geforce 7800gt (256mb)
1GB DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz RAM

any tips would be great

thanks in advance

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
tried the /clientsleep background command? on the bb acc that is

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
nope...im a complete nub when it comes to this sorta stuff :p
could you tell me how i go about doin that? :)

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
start the first account incase that is the BB account or whatever

press enter and type /clientsleep background

then alt+tab back to windows and start the second and alt+tab between when you need to do some buffs

Kaelimar

Fledgling Freddie
doesn´t matter

type the /clientsleep background on the account you are running in background

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Are you running 2x Darkness Rising clients? If so you might want to consider turning off the catacombs models (can do this in character selection screen) or run the ToA client instead.
This is what i do to run 2x ToA clients fine in rvr on my shitty old PC.
  • Run both accounts in windowed mode (you can do that through options on the character selection screen).
  • Turn the resolution to a lower setting (you probably dont need to do this looking at your PC spec, but if you want you can do this through options on the character selection screen)
  • Turn off water effects, shadows and all other fancy effects (again character selection screen)
  • On the bot account type /clientsleep b and /effects none. Also if im in rvr, i leave her in another keep rather than the main portal keep. Put the bot in first person view (press f11 to change between views), and face the wall.
  • On the account i am using to fight in rvr i type /effects self.
  • You can also set priority to "background tasks" on the task manager, but again you probably dont need to do this
All this makes the game slightly less pretty, and you probably dont need to do most of it becuase your PC is a lot better than mine ;p.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Achilles said:
Are you running 2x Darkness Rising clients? If so you might want to consider turning off the catacombs models (can do this in character selection screen) or run the ToA client instead.
This is what i do to run 2x ToA clients fine in rvr on my shitty old PC.
  • Run both accounts in windowed mode (you can do that through options on the character selection screen).
  • Turn the resolution to a lower setting (you probably dont need to do this looking at your PC spec, but if you want you can do this through options on the character selection screen)
  • Turn off water effects, shadows and all other fancy effects (again character selection screen)
  • On the bot account type /clientsleep b and /effects none. Also if im in rvr, i leave her in another keep rather than the main portal keep. Put the bot in first person view (press f11 to change between views), and face the wall.
  • On the account i am using to fight in rvr i type /effects self.
  • You can also set priority to "background tasks" on the task manager, but again you probably dont need to do this
All this makes the game slightly less pretty, and you probably dont need to do most of it becuase your PC is a lot better than mine ;p.
i dont have DR yet....but cant even get it to work dual logging cata so i use toa client.....thanks guys...will try out the tips :)

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Ok so 5500 Aura is a single core amd rite, going from memory...
generally the AMD 64s are quite good with dual logging, so try putting one /clientsleep and setting ram useage to minimum, both of which have already been mentioned, otherwise with that system two accounts should fly

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
yep...all sorted now....thnx for all the replies....i did the /clientsleep backround.....an also did the thing from the other thread....settin it to backround instead of programs in "my computer"..../effects none on bb...face the wall.../effects self on char im playin....good 2 hours with no ld.....bu tthat was in corus....yet to see how it works in emain....thanx again

an yes mate it is an amd64 single core....forgot to mention my processor....heh..../slap

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom