Need help on 2h thid paladin - and yes Im serious!

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Im making a thid pally 2h, and I wonder if you still need to spec a damage type as like slash f.i. to minimize damage variation on 2h styles? IF not Ill just go 21 2h, 24 chants, rest parry.

Also what stats should i boost? Is dex needed for 2h damage? Does piety do anything for a pally?

Thanks in advance

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Yes, as alb you still need to dual-train. But as for thid I'd suggest you made a shield/crush paladin and ruin everyone else! They're awesome.

But if you really wanna go 2h, I'd spec it 15slash, 21 2h, 22chants and 6 parry

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
If it werent for the nerf to 6 sec crush stun I'd consider S/S. But Ill go ahead with the 2h to max damage, because in thid you don't have time to kill things with a 1h weapon before the zerg arrives.

I guess Ill go slash and 2h as you suggest. Any thoughts on stats?

Thanks

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm I just saw someone on another forum saying that slash is the weakest dam table for alb. Any thoughts? And what about dex and piety, are they important for 2h pally?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
dex is only needed for thrust damage and block %

don't worry one bit about piety, it changes close to nothing

Keepholder

Fledgling Freddie
Not to bump this, I would just like to share that I completed my thid 2H-pally, got him sced, and had some good times. He had trouble soloing, but most classes do since you get a fight without adds once in a blue moon. It is definately viable to play though.

My preference is still with minstrel, since I can move freely and fast, solo pretty much anything with a buffed pet (if mezz sticks anyway) and can even handle small groups if I see them first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom