Need: Carmageddon type games...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
So i'm feeling the itch to run over zombie pedestrians.

And since carmageddon 2 aint working on win7 and my TDR 2000 disc is broken, does anyone know of any similar type games out there that is fairly new.

Since i don't know what i'm looking for other then "carmageddon type games" all the search results in fucking google only leads to carmageddon stuff....

I did find one game called "Armageddon Riders" or somesuch but that doesn't seem to be sold anywhere anymore, and had some pretty awful reviews.

And no, i do not want a mod for another game.

Kryten

Old Cow.
why not just download tdr2000? Must admit to having a couple of hours blast on it a few weeks ago :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
To much hazzle with cracks and stuff.

Besides, i'd like to try something newer then that. :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
not much newer tbh. Carmageddon 2 is still played rather often around the globe, oddly enough (more so than TDR).

Nearest you'll get I believe is GTA.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Havent tried installing C2 tbh, but as i use win7 which is (afaik) based on NT it won't even install as that game isn't supporting NT.

/edit: and i have all GTA games but it's not the same, i just end up getting 5 stars and zerged by the military, which isn't that fun...

Kryten

Old Cow.
aye :|

there's a Vista patch for C2, oddly enough which allows it to run - plenty of guides on getting it to run too. Surprising how popular it still is really.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Well, it might run once you have it installed. but the installer itself isn't supporting NT and refuse to work, i tried it this morning.

It just says "this game does not support NT systems, the installer will now exit"....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Intersting indeed, but i doubt they will release the game in 9 days. :)

Kryten

Old Cow.
No, but an announcement that a version of Carmageddon built on the Codemasters' Ego engine will be rather nice... ;)

Imagine that, GTA4 without all the boring missiony and runny bits.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Unless they totally rewrite the graphics setting presets i want nothing to do with it.

I fucking hated it in GTA4 even after the additional settings...

Helme

Resident Freddy
Ego is not GTA4's engine. Ego is used mostly by the Dirt series, and for what it does it looks fantastic and runs brilliantly.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Ah, got confused by the GTA4 reference.. :)

Chronictank

FH is my second home
twisted metal is kind of the spiritual prodigy of Carmageddon, you might want to look into that

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Loved Twisted Metal: World Tour back in the day, much carnage a gogo :)

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Still remember Vigilante 8 on the N64, hours of fun racing and blowing cars up. I played Interstate 76 for the first time in years the other day on a mates PC, it hasn't aged well.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
I had a look at twisted metal but i dunno, looks more like a interstate 76 prodigy then a carmageddon one.

That's a game i wouldn't mind a remake on tho....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Lets hope they get it right. :)

Personally i'd take C2 with an updated graphics engine.

That game was just superb.

Kryten

Old Cow.
I really hope they don't fuck the PC users in the arse and make it xbox only. It started on PC after all.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
zombie-back-to-blood patch anyone ? :/

la_morte

Fledgling Freddie
C2 installer problems?

Got no problems with this, ive installed C2, on Win7 64-b. The install itself works tbh, perhaps u got yourself a bad copy since i can install w/o problems. Also when its installed be sure to add a glidewrapper like , Zackenzach's glidewrapper, this in combination with the vista patch and the option of Mipmap(inside the glidewrapper) to none. will enable to play it on any OS (havent tried OSX)

ive still gotten the files tbh ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Zombie pedestrians? Surely not, REAL pedestrians if you played the correct version :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Seriously this forum need to automatically lock threads that are 1 year or older.....

But no i don't have a bad C2 copy, it's a retail copy on a CD. And i'm not the only one having this issue, pretty much anyone running a NT based OS does...

alienx9

Banned
can sm1 please b a savior n reupload it? i really enjoyd carmageddon td 2000 :( n ya even nfs special edition wont install or run on windows 7, y? isnt there sme fix or crack to enable to play this bootyfull old games? gawd elp

psyc1one

Loyal Freddie
there is a carmageddon max pack on gog.com for $9.99 and a request was made for carmageddon 2 a while ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom