Need books/sources for next screenplay/novel research

X

Xtro 2.0

Ello :)

Thanks to the BFI I'm currently writing my next piece of work which started out as a screenplay but I might end up turning it into a novel as well (but I'd rather it get filmed even though its out of my low budget director's reach really).

Anyway I'm writing a piece set in World War 2, specifically mid/eastern Europe in the last few months of the war as the Russians are advancing on Germany. My story is actually from the point of view of a young Czech lad (and parts from the POV of a young German Wehrmacht officer).

What I need are books that can help with :

a) full breakdown of German war machine with ranks, companies, divisions etc etc.

b) basic German and Czech language

c) Anything written from a German perspective about the latter stage of WW2 or from a Czech perspective. Stuff detailing what happened to Czechoslovakia in WW2 would be great too.

If anyone can suggest either a book or a source that would be cool.

ta muchly :)

D

doh_boy

PM Uncle sick he's something to do with the german army isn't he? Used to be in it or something like that. Also the obvious answer of google :)p)

X

Xtro 2.0

Yeah good old Sicko is German but he's not exactly a ww2 veteran :p

google whilst having a use does not actually give me an opinion as to whether a book is any flipping GOOD or not :) I'm gonna need books as opposed to the net as lately net access is rare you see.

God help me for asking you lot for an opinion though ;) :)

X

Xtro 2.0

The Feldgrau site is excellent, thanks a lot mate :D

Users who are viewing this thread