Need advice on upgrading.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
I currently have:

Pentium 4 2.66ghz
1024 ddr 2100 ram
80gb hardrive(not sure what brand it is since it came with pc when i bought it, wasn't custom built)
Audigy 2 soundcard
Geforce fx5900 ultra 256 ddr graphics card.

I want to upgrade to a fast pc for gaming but however i have around £300-600 budget.I know my motherboard isn't good since it came with the pc like everything else but the motherboard and hardrive haven't been changed.Main thing is what should i upgrade and buy?

Should i get either:

a)New motherboard+1gb 3200 ram+SATA hardrivee 120gb or so.
b)New geforce 6800 graphics card and wait a bit.
c)New motherboard+athlon 3400/3500 or p4 3.2ghz?

Please help, i am really unsure what to do, as i said the hardrive and motherboard isn't that great and the memory is slow speed.If you have any ideas what to go for could you say the exact product or give a direct link please.Thanks for your time and help.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
really you would be better of getting a new grafix card

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh.

Faster ram, a new mobo and CPU.

You must be crazy if you spent money on that gfx card just to want to upgrade it already.

Ono

Part of the furniture
No point in you buying a 6800 card as your CPU would limit its performance.

If you must upgrade - and I can't see why you should with that system, then I suggest:

Mobo, A64 cpu, Ram and HDD.

You can add a 6800 later when they are cheaper.

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/AMD_Bundles.html

Some nice CPU/Mem/Mobo bundles there, plenty of decent systems well within your budget. Like Ono said, pointless buying a graphics card when most of its power will be bottlenecked because of your CPU/mainboard. A nice new hard disk is always nice, but it should be last on your list of priorities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom