XBOX360 Need a recording device - HD - to record Xbox games

Hawkwind

FH is my second home

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
yeah as miri said afaik youtubers use Elgato's and their always in giveaways to etc, I think they usually go from the Hauppauge to Blackmagic to Elgato.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
My son wants it for FiFA 14, and CoD mostly. I quite liked the look of the Blackmagic unit as it was USB 3 and around the same price.

Thanks to you both for the posts I will take a good look at the Elgato unit again today.

miri

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure if any of these devices compress on the fly, but if they don't you may also need to consider the amount of storage necessary. When I was recording using Fraps it used to be around 1GB/minute IIRC, but either way the files were big. If they do compress on the fly it's better, but when I did that with Dxtory it was still producing rather larger files in terms of MB per minute recorded than the average pirated tv show, movie etc, and when you consider you'll often recorded for example a 20-25 minute game of FIFA in one file it's always going to need a decent chunk of space to store the files.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Tell him to drop the X-bone 180 and let the PS4 do it for him :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Tell him to drop the X-bone 180 and let the PS4 do it for him :)

Gave him the choice as a Christmas present. Chose Xbone because all his mates are getting it. He told me that out of the 18 friends that play only 2 were getting PS4. I honestly don't give a shit which one he gets. Both appalling companies and I will stick to to PC gaming myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom