Need a name and shame board....

Dook

Fledgling Freddie
Slug32 said:
Dook, pls for the love of all things holy stand up and give your brain some air.... if you had noticed (ever) the attachment size per upload is just under 40kb, now I can post a large fuzzy one that show more of the encounter, or a small one you can actually read?

And lastly I have the fight logs if you really want them, the not in view error is displayed loads of times ;/

If only fraps would not crash my machine you would have the hardlined proof you so desperately need... but in any event, the idea behind this thread is to name and shame... that being said if u have a picture of someone named.. add it.

Its the only way we are going to remove the head from the arse for some of these ppl.

We know ppl lag/straef and I am willing to concede that it DOES occur occasionally but the same toons, lagging all the time, over a number of encounters, over a number of days/weeks.... cmon chum stand up and give that brain some deserved air ..

Slug, my post was addressed to the original poster, not you. :)

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Not sure what bug this was....only got too far away to attack messages for 4-5 swings while this guy was hitting me with ease. Was outside Mpk HW in the wide open grassy area.

To be fair on him though he did go LD after the 5th swing and I had the pleasure of peppering him with arrows and getting 886 rps in the process. So maybe it was an LD bug...but that still doesn't account for the styled hits he was getting off while I cudn't touch him.

Attachments

• alem.jpg
    alem.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 125

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
2 days ago or summin I had constant yellow triangle on my shade. Made me piss all my PAs that day. Even on a solo rr2 mincer :( Logged off QQing irl :(

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Muppets... you're all muppets I say!!!!

Strafing is cheating? I always spin around like a moron when I get the feeling an assasain is around and strafe left and right... go ahead and flame me for that =)

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
This guy wasn't straffing he was standing toe to toe with me but kept flickering a lot while he swung...

alemain

Fledgling Freddie
Ah gustav i remember the fight i was lagging like crazy due to adsl playing up hence i went ld.Will happily give you a rematch in hw. Didnt realise i was flickering must be the transporter bloody scotty useless engineer never beams you up when your in trouble :clap:

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
:) was really strange to see you flickering like that. I figured something was wrong when u suddenly jumped 10 feet in the air and stood still :)

I'm sure we will have nice rematch again. :cheers:

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
People only strafe because they know game certain game mechanics is bugged.

Maybe I'm just slow..but strafing aka moving to avoid being hit is being seen as cheating ??? Why the fuck do we have positionals in this game if we only alloved to stand face to face and slug it out... Call me a cheater any day if u want.. but if I can avoid being hit by running zig zag or steeping to one side , I'll do it period... Now those peopel who try to create lag ( window draggin , stuffing a dead bird in to HD or what ever ) to make the opponent get an out of sight msg.. thats something completely diff imho..But using the built-in move to side-step is perfectly ok imho...

Brelakor

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm, i always strafe in fights :S

Carefully timed between my swings, have won many battles that way, its fun!

More fun than standing still anyway :|

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Damon_D said:
Maybe I'm just slow..but strafing aka moving to avoid being hit is being seen as cheating ??? Why the fuck do we have positionals in this game if we only alloved to stand face to face and slug it out... Call me a cheater any day if u want.. but if I can avoid being hit by running zig zag or steeping to one side , I'll do it period... Now those peopel who try to create lag ( window draggin , stuffing a dead bird in to HD or what ever ) to make the opponent get an out of sight msg.. thats something completely diff imho..But using the built-in move to side-step is perfectly ok imho...

Yes, strafing out-of-view is only pressing buttons. But honestly, do you really think that Mythic put strafe in the game so you could run about with virtual melee immunity? I don't believe that atleast. There are many other reasons to put a strafe command in the game. Causing /stick and /face to disfunction so you can't hit, or if you can, only a few unstyled hits now and then, can't possibly be the intention.

The way Maelstrom handled the matter seemed to be in this order:

1) They had experiences vs Public Enemies where people fucked them over.
2) They got mad and flamed for months, claiming it was abuse
3) They recorded a video and published it. In this video, Zerach clearly gets upset that he's being jerked with.
4) They start using it themselves, but only vs Public Enemies according to themselves, since they've been doing it for months (despite Fadeh promised he'll do everything to put an end to it).
5) It becomes a common practice for Maelstrom to use and they start defending it, claiming it's ok and "intended". Now they're no longer claiming to only do it vs Public Enemies either (which was untrue to begin with anyway).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats my perception on what went down.

Strafing around is not skilled in any way. Most people know how to do it. Most people refrain from it however. But if it becomes more widespread rather than people stopping now, it's gonna be something that everyone has to do. And Melee groups will be seriously fucked over.

Damon_D

Fledgling Freddie
Tihi I think I been doing it since beta..when I remember to , or aint to busy..
Kinda came natural , I used to play UO ,and fights there is alot of running about and trugh peopel and what not ( weapons had specific swing times , and if you knew what you where doing you could hit and move before he could hit you , no /stick or /face in that game ).. kinda just continued what style I used there.. dont do it to " lag " peopel..but if I can mess up a positional style by moving , I would be a fool not too...

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Slug32 said:
And all of these straefed-lagged.. same coments as above no loag b4 encounter just cheating during . . . .

/ekk tme for the flaming
/em take cover

Bananenplocklaren is entranced = he's mezzed.

You think he can strafe then??

And whats up with preparing a garotte on a mezzed bonedancer?

Ah well; you probably zerging with other Alb stealthers; stop whining then :kissit:

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Old.Ilum said:
Yes, strafing out-of-view is only pressing buttons. But honestly, do you really think that Mythic put strafe in the game so you could run about with virtual melee immunity? I don't believe that atleast. There are many other reasons to put a strafe command in the game. Causing /stick and /face to disfunction so you can't hit, or if you can, only a few unstyled hits now and then, can't possibly be the intention.

The way Maelstrom handled the matter seemed to be in this order:

1) They had experiences vs Public Enemies where people fucked them over.
2) They got mad and flamed for months, claiming it was abuse
3) They recorded a video and published it. In this video, Zerach clearly gets upset that he's being jerked with.
4) They start using it themselves, but only vs Public Enemies according to themselves, since they've been doing it for months (despite Fadeh promised he'll do everything to put an end to it).
5) It becomes a common practice for Maelstrom to use and they start defending it, claiming it's ok and "intended". Now they're no longer claiming to only do it vs Public Enemies either (which was untrue to begin with anyway).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats my perception on what went down.

Strafing around is not skilled in any way. Most people know how to do it. Most people refrain from it however. But if it becomes more widespread rather than people stopping now, it's gonna be something that everyone has to do. And Melee groups will be seriously fucked over.

This game gets more & more like CS by the day, have 2 run fraps constantly whilst RvRing to "highlight" the abusers of poor coding so every 1 can see the hard evidence. But tbh like the old saying goes "theres no smoke w/o a fire" with exceptions ie Gustav's fight in HW where ppl go ld etc etc. Most ppl know who does it and who does not, technically there isnt anything unlawful happening just that some ppl value Winning over Honor and Integrity.

Just pity them like a lame dog :eek:

Slug32

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Bananenplocklaren is entranced = he's mezzed.

You think he can strafe then??

And whats up with preparing a garotte on a mezzed bonedancer?

Ah well; you probably zerging with other Alb stealthers; stop whining then :kissit:

erm, the point about the post is that window dragging causes a change in the game dynamics... so whether or not he mezzed, dancing or sitting on the loo, you cannot hit the bastard. If you werent that pig headed you may have realised this.

Grow up, incest isnt funny.

kee-

Fledgling Freddie
Thought i'd ad remeem to the thread.
Lag strafing as healer is very big and clever well done :touch:

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Do we really need another "I lost,ofc the other guy must've cheated" thread?

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
I strafed while Derric was hitting me the other weekend but he still killed me. Strafing isnt that bad. :)

Werewolf

Fledgling Freddie
oo someone whined over me yes i do use strafing when i fight infils only way i can beat em sowy =/

Derric

Fledgling Freddie
Bone_Idle said:
I strafed while Derric was hitting me the other weekend but he still killed me. Strafing isnt that bad. :)

It's cos you tripped over your skirt and fell on my sword,I never meant to hurt you :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom