Necros LoS Nerf

A

aavarn

This is the official celebration thread - a place to cheer and shout and dance now that RvR is playable again!!!

Yay! swing that Nerf Bat at those Necros :) :)

Oh and just one quick comment for any Necro reading this thread.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more broken casting for you!

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Shame...now you will have to find something else to whine about.

K

kathal_tdd

Primary target selected:mgwhore2: :bore: :mgwhore:

A

Aussie-

I hope you know necro's can enter enemy keeps now in this patch :D
btw necro nerf <<<<< zerk one ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

M

moo_work

its not a nerf retard it's a fix

la nerf is a nerf, but it don't make zerkers USELESS IN RVR !

only thing necro is good for now is pl & pve pharm.

O

old.Sko

Hooray ! At last we can do keep raids again !

A

Audhumla

Necro's was a pain in the bum when they got the opportunity to be inside a keep and nuke the ones outside, but this "fix" is plain wrong, since they can't do jack-all now. The pet can't even cast uphill anymore.

The necro's have gone from LOS abusers to useless chars, only suitable for PLing other chars with (and they are damn good at that, though, 1.5 days for 2 chars to 39, another 2 days for one of the chars to 50)

So, i'm glad the LOS issue is solved, i'm not glad they didnt fix it properly. (and I play mid)

B

bloodclot

the necro char was the first char i whined about.

with the LoS fixing, i don't think i have to whine about a char any more :)

just plain free playing!

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Audhumla
Necro's was a pain in the bum when they got the opportunity to be inside a keep and nuke the ones outside, but this "fix" is plain wrong, since they can't do jack-all now. The pet can't even cast uphill anymore.

The necro's have gone from LOS abusers to useless chars, only suitable for PLing other chars with (and they are damn good at that, though, 1.5 days for 2 chars to 39, another 2 days for one of the chars to 50)

So, i'm glad the LOS issue is solved, i'm not glad they didnt fix it properly. (and I play mid)

as far as i know necros and their pet have both got to the target and have to see eachother. But that doesnt mean they are useless, unless off course some grass means no los for the pet :(

J

jetsetminer

I'm just glad ALL pet LoS has been fixed, no more being nuked by chanter pets after I have entered a keep :clap:

G

Glottis_Xanadu

Originally posted by jetsetminer
I'm just glad ALL pet LoS has been fixed, no more being nuked by chanter pets after I have entered a keep :clap:

Are you sure about that? I thought only necro pets got fixed, while the other pets were left alone, due to different coding.
I hope I'm wrong though.
Regards, Glottis

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Are you sure about that? I thought only necro pets got fixed, while the other pets were left alone, due to different coding.
I hope I'm wrong though.
Regards, Glottis

Pets of classes such as the Enchanter, Animist, and Bonedancer (and any other class that can cast offensive spells) will not be able to cast spells on a target unless that target is visible to the pet. We expect this fix to take care of the LOS issues for Enchanter-type pets most of the time, but players still may run into situations where the spells are cast even though the pet cannot "see" its target. We will continue to work on this problem as needed.

tada :D

C

Cronn

Animist pets need los huh?

Could have fooled me, I was at BG1 this morning and still getting nuked through the wall by them.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Cronn

Could have fooled me, I was at BG1 this morning and still getting nuked through the wall by them.

thats is from the patch notes i didnt made that up :p. If you got nuked through a wall than there is obviously still a bug, but as far as this los fix works reasonable..

A

adari

like they say cronn its not 100% working all the time

G

gurki

And as well in 1.60 they introduced more bugs for the necros(unless they stealth fixed it for euros)
Necromancers can use enemy gatekeepers and get inside keeps(doesnt work on relic keeps)
Necromancer pet doesnt get immunity to cc and can be chain cced(havent confirmed yet)
Avoidance of magic doesnt work(confirmed this on my necro before)
Etc etc

B

Breni

Originally posted by Cronn

As I understand it, some "turrets" are GTAE pets, therefore not requiring LoS - although having not played an Animist, I can't honestly say this is true.

Anyone able to confirm it?

D

Driwen

Originally posted by gurki
Necromancer pet doesnt get immunity to cc and can be chain cced(havent confirmed yet)

that one sounds logical and i doubt it will be fixed its because every pet can be chained cc'ed and necro pet is still a pet. Allthough its way more important for the necro for the pet to stay alive and i highly doubt that they will fix this bug tbh as not enough ppl are whining about it.

P

Pin

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I can climb walls :great:

I can hit people at the top of walls from the ground with melee :great:

N

nightsorrow

Originally posted by Amadon
back to whining about Overpowernia i guess :rolleyes:

or zerggard, yeye albs dont zerg i know....

E

Exiled

Originally posted by old.LandShark
I can climb walls :great:

and i can still slap your chainwearing mythic's love child ass down again :)

G

Garnet

In the words of Tilda

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

O

old.m0000

Originally posted by Audhumla

tbh i agree, but since they all exploited for so long i dont think you're going to find much sympathy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom