Necros are total poop in RvR

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

...or are they?

I kinda like playing mine in RvR mainly because the enemy doesn't know what to do with me. They don't really see me as a caster or any vital part of the group and, hence, totally ignore me which leaves me free to debuff their tanks and nuke the shit out of their support. Its only when/if the rest of the group bites the dust that they turn their attention to me.

Oh well...just my 2 pennies. :p

The real purpose of this thread was to find out what RAs I should buy for my necro. I have WP2, Aug Ac 2, MoM1, WA1 so far. Is there anything else that could be useful or should I just go for MoM 5 and WP 5? :p

B

Bellona

I were in a group one day,

3 necroes
2 pallies
1 cleric
1 sorc
1 merc

and Efreet really did a fine job mezzing, then pallies protected sorc/cleric, merc running around, just trying to get some attention, and the necroes nuking the hell out of anybody, try it one day, were a fun alternative group :D

H

hercules-df

Im up for some alternate rvr grps if u need a wiz or pally or noob necro :)

normal rvr is so boring these days, not even worth setting foot on the pad less theres some sort of seige going on.

getting rps dont bother me
having fun when im paying for it DOES

B

benedictines

Tried my necro 3 or 4 times in rvr - didnt work cos:

My pet was invariably mezzed, stunned etc = useless necro

If purge etc worked on pet then it may be viable but I doubt it, the necro relies so heavily on pet (crappy blue one at that). Any half decent group would take you out very quickly indeed.

Please tell me Im wrong or if things have changed that Im not aware of..

A

Apathy

Yeah, they are too buggy and not terribly well thought through for RvR. Which is a shame since they have some nice spells and abilities which could be very useful if not totally negated by the pet running away or being mezzed for years or getting spanked too easily and never getting healed.

Ah well! :D Get the necro unique RA!

a.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Eyum...no, that is still the case. However, I have noticed that when I was stunned/mezzed I could just release the pet and cast a new one and the enemy still failed to notice me on most occassions...even in the space of 20 seconds! :D

Of course, when they do notice me re-casting ...

O

old.chipper

as an opponent never had a prob with necros my mentalist nukes destroy the pet in 2-3 nukes

my NS can normally put one down before the necro realises whats goin on

although if they get ya on the surprise there lifetap is nasty and there debuffs can really weaken your grp

F

-frostor-

in the begin mids/hibs ren to the shade , attack mode and ?????????????????????????

was so funny to see that :D

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by benedictines
Please tell me Im wrong or if things have changed that Im not aware of..

I played my necro in RvR for the first time the other night, and I was surprised how much fun it was. Like the first poster says, enemies usually simply ignore you, so if you can stay out of mezz area you can have some fun. And that AF debuff is spectacular: I managed to land it on two of three assisting savages before being mezzed, and our tanks killed them with ease.
But yeah, the two problems are immunities on the pet meaning you're mezzed forever, and the pet going walkies every now and then leaving you useless. All of which means I wouldn't say you should play one regularly in RvR except for a laugh.
One thought though: in a relic raid, wouldn't that AF debuff be a big help against the gaurds?

G

Gordonax

Originally posted by old.chipper
as an opponent never had a prob with necros my mentalist nukes destroy the pet in 2-3 nukes

my NS can normally put one down before the necro realises whats goin on

Well you wouldn't expect anything else, would you? I mean, this is a cloth caster (with no resists on the pet!).

I hope to god that when Mythic eventually gets around to fixing the pet issues, it doesn't add anything else to the necro - it could be a waaay overpowered class in RvR if Mythic does the wrong thing. I'd like to see necro's tweaked just enough to be a viable support class in a tank group, and NOT turned into some uber killing machine.

O

old.chipper

highlighting my point that necros are not that good for rvr :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

When melee resists are transferred over I think they will become pretty hardcore. At the moment a SB who gets the jump on me can usually chew right through me before I can get a life tap off (I don't have cleric buffs) but after 1.65 I think any assassin will get a nasty surprise. :)

O

old.Wildfire

They're fun right up to the point where either

a) the pace of the fight elevates beyond that of, say, chess, and your wild button-bashing leaves you accidentally oop (it happens far more than people will admit)
b) you get mezzed

M

medowind

Someday necro rvr is fine and dandy, others it’s a living nightmare, you are normally ignored because your not seen as a threat the moment you stand out you get 2 shotted by a caster or hit by real tanks, then you have the common chain mess normally against hib not so much against mid, not a pretty sight

But as for necro ra’s at the moment only 12 of them work and only 7 of them have a use, (for your average sight necro that is)

Mcl, raging power, serenity, augmented acuity, mastery of magery, wild power, wild arcana.

The others are: ethereal bound, lifter, the rest of the aug stats.

And the necromancer specific ra kind of works, there is mix tests and comments about it working/not working but for rvr you rarely get resisted as it is so useless especially on that super long timer :p

Since I find a lot of my work is keeping other casters topped up on power I use mcl, serenity, this also give me a job at keep defences/takes because I don’t have to be hitting enemies to keep other classes stocked with power,

mom and wp are very nice they bring the initially weak damage of power taps up to scratch,

wild arcana I mean who doesn’t like to crit the level 50 af debuff :p

L

Lumikki

Thought they were getting a bunch of bug fixes in future patches, I hope they do.

xx

F

-frostor-

btw mine is rr4lvl8
ra's :
mcl1
aug acuity 1
WP4
MoM3
serenity 1

B

behatch

Originally posted by Cap'n Sissyfoo
...or are they?

I kinda like playing mine in RvR mainly because the enemy doesn't know what to do with me. They don't really see me as a caster or any vital part of the group and, hence, totally ignore me which leaves me free to debuff their tanks and nuke the shit out of their support. Its only when/if the rest of the group bites the dust that they turn their attention to me.

Oh well...just my 2 pennies. :p

The real purpose of this thread was to find out what RAs I should buy for my necro. I have WP2, Aug Ac 2, MoM1, WA1 so far. Is there anything else that could be useful or should I just go for MoM 5 and WP 5? :p

i think when people refer to them being pop in rvr they mean to play not at nukeing/debuffing etc

i made one and tryed it in bg1 got about 5rp and deleted it

totally sucks imo

O

old.Filip

Necros rox !! ... but only in 2fg figths :)

earlyer today we got wastet by the mids (2fg's) so many times we desided to make a anti middi 2fg zerg :) ..

build up on 2 MA's for 2fg tanks with 1 necro debuffing for them ... minstrels main objektive was to demezzed the necro pet ..

the record holder for a 1h hit was 722 by bloodthorn on a BM .. but mostly 1h hit for 500+ when the AF debuff hit his target ...

but the necro is a pain to keep unmezzed + the pet sometimes just fuck's up .. so imho not good in 1fg ... but super in bigger figths IF the assiting is working ..

Filip
Minser of HB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom