Necromancers

Zede

Part of the furniture
You know in 3 years of DaoC, ive never been in a fg with a necro.

I dont really know much about the class, other than they are great at pve, but apparently suck big time at rvr.

Looking at the necro spell list, the AF debuff in a melee grp could work really well.

Is it the fact the pet is blue con that makes em so gimp ?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Pet takes full duration on any CC spells although you can demezz, is very very weak to offensive magic and the shade form plus controls are very cumbersome which makes it extremely diffficult to play and be effective as part of a group in high end RvR.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I used to get into tank grps in AC for a while , and yes i used the AF debuff on the mobs , things just flew down =).

out of the say , 4 times i went and leeched in Emain i would n00kz0r 1 or 2 peeps, if i was still alive , i would then af debuff the support and watch the die =)

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
And don't forget it's hard to heal the necro because you have to heal his pet.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
All the things people said earlier and: Necros doesn't make full use of a caster template (arti charges/abilities etc). Same goes for ML lines. The demez is 15 second delve :(

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Nowadays, things are looking up for the Necromancer: spreadheals and DI now actually affect the pet. Furthermore, the good thing about the class is that you are often overlooked in FG vs FG warfare. However, currently the disadvantages still clearly outweigh the advantages for the class. :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
they sohuld just make the player transform into the abomination or something and it would become playable i guess :p

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Used to play alot with a necro in group, had a tank group using AF debuff for a while and then later a caster heavy group with necro feeding power, a well-played necro in a group can add something but not enough to make it into an 'opted' full-group, rather like an Armsman or a Wizard :(

Tilda

FC ran a necro debuff group for a bit, it worked well, things dropped instantly :D
Had to run an extra sorc/mincer to demez pet though as things fell apart if necro got mezzed.

Zede

Part of the furniture
I read somewhere that necros in patch soon were gettin a boost, something about more arties being available.

Can a necro pet be BG'd ?

They should take a look at WoW - they had a cool gui add on that gave you health/mana bars for all the pets in the group. wouldnt be to hard to implement im sure.

melee groups are very much the thing now, maybe its time to give it a try.

PM me on pryd if you got a decent necro - deathsight spec and some RAs if possible !

Lywon

Fledgling Freddie
I got level 50 necromancer. RR3 atm. Got few artys, traldor and the second was.. cant remember.

Using summoning suit on necro makes the pet better.

But necro in groups, very nice as a power healer, gives clerics and friars loads power to heal more, and casters to blast more.

AF debuff is nice too, -250 af and the other af buff what was -50 so its -300 total what is very MUCH.

I've got RA's just wild power and master of magery to get more dmg. Raging power is life saver too. When you go OOP and still have to do life drain on the shade it's uber to use as a deathsight spec.

RR5 ability can be nice too. 3 second to cast the pet again, nice.

Necro class is VERY buggy. I'm losing my pet sometimes when I teleport keep to keep. The pet can walk thrught the walls and pull stuff there and die. Sometimes at the rvr keep the pet just stops there to certain location and if I don't see it I just walk forward and lose the abomination coz of the range..

Still needs loads bug fixing.

And about artifacts and stuff, most of them ain't working. You can't /use anything (almost, not sure) on the shade mode, what is very shame.

But necros can be very nice in rvr. I'm doing about 10k RP's in 1 hour there..

And what is the best on the necros.. they are the stealthers nightmare! Loads dex the shade can do VERY fast lifedrains what is very effective!

They are good, loads bugs still (goa/mythic do something!!11) but very nice class.

:drink: :worthy:

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Lywon said:
Necro class is VERY buggy. I'm losing my pet sometimes when I teleport keep to keep. The pet can walk thrught the walls and pull stuff there and die. Sometimes at the rvr keep the pet just stops there to certain location and if I don't see it I just walk forward and lose the abomination coz of the range..

pretty much covers it. It is far too unreliable, especially in NF. Boats = nono, porting is iffy, running around anywhere thats got some kind of terrain with 10000 units = iffy etc. When you run with a grp on stick you see cab/sorc pets warp all over in places right? Thats the same for a necro, only if it doesnt catch up really fast it drops.

Lack of purge, some spells effect it like a mob (some have been fixed but not all), no idea if its under any kind of effect as you cant tell if its sheared, ns'd etc unless you specifically watch the spell effects on the pet .. thats the pet that trails behind you at all times ......

Also you have the problem of what to drop in a grp for a necro. Given its long list of problems the answer is absolutly nothing and I'm quite happy saying that as the owner of a rr5 necro that has tried to get grps many many times.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Played OF with a necromancer.

Did suprisingly well.

Quite easy to be capping 400-600 damage a nuke.

Although i did better solo than grouped :>

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
They eat any melee class for breakfast, if they're buffed. Unlike players and other pets, buffs on necros don't actually increase the value of the stat indicated. Instead, they increase the ABS ..the absorb... so fully buffed the pet has something stupild like 80% ABS. My SB will PA them for 60 dmg. :<

So vs anything that uses melee they are godlike. But to casters they drop in like 3 spells. My dark sm used to drop some of them in one shot.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
I really like the "transform the caster into the Abomination" idea, would sort the LoS problems necro's have and the pet that doesn't follow you or follows you but in a bugged way and the whines some necro's get for going outside a keep and standing inside an enemy realm group without them being able to kill him since his pet is inside.
Still wonder why they haven't made it like that from the start, would make necro's viable, would sort the problems with Purge and other RA's and ML/Artifacts aswell.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
It would also remove Albions number one farmbot completely. :)

Not to mention, it would require a complete rework of the spelllines.

Shade cast spells would have to be uninterruptable spells.
Pet cast spells would work as normal.

And uhm... styles / melee for the Necro?

Glorien

Fledgling Freddie
Ran in a few FC groups when Tilda was on necro and it worked well, however that was mainly due to the fact that it was a new class and people didnt know you had to kill the pet before the shade/player. Was hilarious watching high-RR assist trains all stuck to the shade each fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom