Necromancers Solution

Arakasi01

Fledgling Freddie
Hi everyone.

I have been thinking about this idea of mine how to make necromancers a viable character in groups and less bugged.
The main problem now with necromancers now are that its a 2 part relationship with the "pet".

My fix to this would be that the necromancer actually becomes the undead creation while there is just a shade hovering above it slightly behind its neck
in the same "skin" or what you would like to call it. The abomination "pet" would then have the necromancers name above it like a regular character, the shade would just be hardcopied (NOT FOLLOWING) to the abomination and have the name "shade of xxxx"

This ofcourse would require that the both parts of the skin, abomination(player) and shade would have Line of sight.

I dont think this would require much work at all and would fix a lot of problems. The animation on casting etc could work exactly the same as it is now.

This would also fix I would almost say EVERY problem there is to necromancers, dropping pet to bad PATHING boarding, BOATS, teleporting in NEW FRONTIERS. There probably is lots more that I cant come up with right now but this is the general idea.

I dont think we'll ever see this tho, but in my opinion the best thing that could happen to necromancers. Maybe necromancers wouldn't just be Powerlevel bots then.

Also giving pet some resists to enemy casters wouldn't be such a bad idea and higher lvl, but now I'm just dreaming I know ^^

And who knows, maybe theres even a small chance someone from mythic would notice this :p

Anyway, your thoughts about this people?

/regards Arakasi

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Arakasi01 said:
Also giving pet some resists to enemy casters wouldn't be such a bad idea and higher lvl, but now I'm just dreaming I know ^^

Rights you are, damn things are already invunerable to melee damage.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I believe its been suggested by a Necromancer team lead before. It does seem like the most logical way to sort the class.

However I wouldn't expect Mythic to spend so much time bugfixing one class. They always tend to work on new features more often than fixing/upgrading older ones.

Arakasi01

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah they do tend to make lots of new crap and then leave them bugged for ages (forever). Its more important to them to play around with pretty new graphics and emotes, and leave everything that has something to do with functionality, game mechanics and stuff untouched.
But we get to dye Shades of Mist yippi!

Anyway they do ... and its only Finnish language that can express this...
Jättäävät kuin paskan perseestä. (necromancers)

Mccload

Fledgling Freddie
Also nice to get the procs on Necros working once and for all :clap: WELL GET TO WORK

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Arakasi01 said:
Its only been suggested a few thousand times before: starting from before SI was released.

At this stage: itll never happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom