Necromancer Spell Lists - Reactions?

O

old.LandShark

If speed affects the necro in shademode - which it'd really have to for necros to be able to group at all :) - then i can't see that 'only' 10secs of invisibility if they go too far from their pet, is much of a limitation. Easily enough time to look at a keep's battlements from beyond the guard range, for example, or to look on the other side of a milegate....

Necro looks to be better than it seems at first sight, that powertap to me looks like a huge amount of power. Removing that from an enemy caster = one or at most 2 casts before enemy caster is just flat out of the fight. Or at best forced to use MCL...
If they made powertaps 1850 range it might help with albion's chronic lack of nearsight :p

Warden/Runemaster PBT sucks power, right? Hmm, powertap tastes like tactics :clap:
Could do some really positive things for Realm vs Realm balance...
On the other hand of course, reaver doesn't look like any kind of competition for the valewalker and even less for the savage...

O

old.Wildfire

Reaver doesn't look too bad defensively, I think it's hard to compare the three because valewalkers and savages are both very offensive classes (akin to friars) who will, I promise you, get the sh*t kicked out of them by casters. It seems reavers on the other hand are, as they were always touted, quite similar to paladins, and very good on defence.

O

old.LandShark

Just realised a probable problem for the necros - pet won't have the resists of the caster....
Bad bad bad

T

Tigerius

Spontaneous impressions..

Iconnu are the uber caster race, small, 10 increase in Int and Dex, 10 decrease in Str and Qui. Couldn't be more optimized.

Good to see Reavers get the ungimped way of speccing that Albion normally doesn't (Flex). Pity to see it's a shamble style list to the point of people recommending against it.

Albion got the shaft on abilities again, I really hate to say that and I know its jumping to conclusions but knowing how Offensive>Defense in RvR it's easy to see where the Savage and Valewalker will come in and deal forth ownage but you just can't picture a Reaver doing that having no anytimes and having to rely on lifetap procs to carry it through fights alive. Necro is a bit harder to pinpoint, depends alot on the characteristics of the pet.

Savage>>>Berserker, a 9% unbuffed health loss is less than what Zerk mode currently "costs" and returns higher damage results, add higher Evade, a single line giving both DW and dmg variance with styles that appear well on par with even LA ones but at lower end. Then possibility to stack multiple zerk modes, 2 damage types at price of 1. Ugh, I'd really hate to be a Zerker and look at this class.

T

Tilda

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Necro looks to be better than it seems at first sight, that powertap to me looks like a huge amount of power. Removing that from an enemy caster = one or at most 2 casts before enemy caster is just flat out of the fight. Or at best forced to use MCL...
If they made powertaps 1850 range it might help with albion's chronic lack of nearsight :p

Warden/Runemaster PBT sucks power, right? Hmm, powertap tastes like tactics :clap:
Could do some really positive things for Realm vs Realm balance...
On the other hand of course, reaver doesn't look like any kind of competition for the valewalker and even less for the savage...

FOR EVERYBODYS INFORMATION

Power taps convert dammage done on an enemy (ie your "power tap") into power on your bar.

Olivia made a mistake when typing, its a Dammage -> Power convertion, still looks nice though.

But it dosnt at this time "TAKE" power from teh enemy.

Just does dammage, puts a % of that dammage into your power bar.

Tilda

F

Flimgoblin

Reavers are the ultimate in anti-stealth technology :)

pulsing pbae!

also they break mezz better than thanes ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom