Necromancer questions...

Guidance

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 18, 2005
Messages
12
Have some questions I need some answers to bout necros. All help is welcome but would like some experienced necro to answer aswell.

- Reactive procs in the necros armor:
Do theese affect the pet like normal armor procs?
If yes: In what way? f.eks. can the GoV proc go off on all hits to the pet?

- Ceremonial Bracer and Gem of Lost Memories:
Do the mezz bt and the stun bt affect the pet or just the necro (which would be pointless)?

- ToA bonusses:
Do casting speed percentage, Spell dmg percentage and range percentage from ToA-items affect the pet aswell as the caster?

- Resists:
Do resists in the Necros template affect the pet and reduces dmg to it?

- Stats:
In a template what stats should be capped?

If any1 got a good necro template plz reply on this aswell.

Thanks for ya help :O)

Guidance
 

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
3,292
Guidance said:
Have some questions I need some answers to bout necros. All help is welcome but would like some experienced necro to answer aswell.

- Reactive procs in the necros armor:
Do theese affect the pet like normal armor procs?
If yes: In what way? f.eks. can the GoV proc go off on all hits to the pet?
I believe all procs are completely worthless.

Guidance said:
- Ceremonial Bracer and Gem of Lost Memories:
Do the mezz bt and the stun bt affect the pet or just the necro (which would be pointless)?
Unsure, I'm guessing they arn't going to work, maybe someone who has tested it could answer this tho.

Guidance said:
- ToA bonusses:
Do casting speed percentage, Spell dmg percentage and range percentage from ToA-items affect the pet aswell as the caster?
I think these should work

Guidance said:
- Resists:
Do resists in the Necros template affect the pet and reduces dmg to it?
yes

Guidance said:
- Stats:
In a template what stats should be capped?

If any1 got a good necro template plz reply on this aswell.

Thanks for ya help :O)

Guidance
While casting your pet only 2 stats matter. +hits and +con.
Most necro's use a "summoning suit" with 400 hits and 101 con to actually cast the pet. You can then swap to your fighting suit.
A fighting suit should try to cap the same things as a normal caster template, dex, int, reststs, etc. I believe you can ignore hits and con on this completely however. For a "killing the big stuff" servant necro template, just try to cap spell duration, power pool and resists (maybe int) as these are the only things that matter on the damage shield/hot as far as i'm aware.
 

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,359
Guidance said:
- Reactive procs in the necros armor:
Do theese affect the pet like normal armor procs?
If yes: In what way? f.eks. can the GoV proc go off on all hits to the pet?
Unfortunately no procs on any armour transfers to the pet. If you read VN Boards you'll see numerous posts by myself to the TL to get this sorted out. It's entirely retarded TBH - amongst a number of other Necro specific issues I constantly highlight that are equally retarded.

- Ceremonial Bracer and Gem of Lost Memories:
Do the mezz bt and the stun bt affect the pet or just the necro (which would be pointless)?
From VN Boards, these do not work. I cannot vouch 100% as I haven't tried them myself.

- ToA bonusses:
Do casting speed percentage, Spell dmg percentage and range percentage from ToA-items affect the pet aswell as the caster?
Necromancers do not gain benefit from any of the ToA bonuses you mentioned. We do benefit from + Cap/Power Percentage/Power Pool etc. bonuses. Again, another retarded Mythic decision or bug.

- Resists:
Do resists in the Necros template affect the pet and reduces dmg to it?
Yes, but remember - and this is very important - The Abomination is on the monster crit table, not the player crit table. So in RVR it is possible for an enemy player to record 100% crits on your Abom, rather than the capped 50% crits. This single issue frustrates me more than any other TBH. The Abom is the combat form of us, NOT a pet, so it should be on the player crit table. Grrrrr....

- Stats:
In a template what stats should be capped?
Firstly you should have two suits. The first, your summoning suit should max out hits, dex and con. Your second should cap out int, dex and power pool.
 

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,359
Golena said:
...as these are the only things that matter on the damage shield/hot as far as i'm aware.
Firstly, not everyone plays Servant spec ;)

Secondly, in my experiance the HoT is worthless in RVR - it doesn't heal anywhere near fast enough to replace the hits taken on the Abom. In a similar vein, the damage shield is equally pointless, although it may have a place in a 1v1 with a stealther I suppose.

Death Sight is still the only viable RVR spec IMHO...
 

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
3,292
Danamyr said:
Firstly, not everyone plays Servant spec ;)

Secondly, in my experiance the HoT is worthless in RVR - it doesn't heal anywhere near fast enough to replace the hits taken on the Abom. In a similar vein, the damage shield is equally pointless, although it may have a place in a 1v1 with a stealther I suppose.

Death Sight is still the only viable RVR spec IMHO...
100% agree which is why my first option was a standard caster template but don't worry about hits and con.
He didn't state whether this was a rvr necro or a farming necro so I thought i'd cover both options.
 

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 28, 2004
Messages
1,359
Golena said:
100% agree which is why my first option was a standard caster template but don't worry about hits and con.
He didn't state whether this was a rvr necro or a farming necro so I thought i'd cover both options.
Fair enough ;)
 

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
3,292
Danamyr said:
Necromancers do not gain benefit from any of the ToA bonuses you mentioned. We do benefit from + Cap/Power Percentage/Power Pool etc. bonuses. Again, another retarded Mythic decision or bug.
Does this also apply to spells cast by the shade such as the servant nuke, or just to spells cast by the pet?
 

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
May 18, 2004
Messages
7,297
Danamyr said:
Firstly, not everyone plays Servant spec ;)

Secondly, in my experiance the HoT is worthless in RVR - it doesn't heal anywhere near fast enough to replace the hits taken on the Abom. In a similar vein, the damage shield is equally pointless, although it may have a place in a 1v1 with a stealther I suppose.

Death Sight is still the only viable RVR spec IMHO...

I dunno, I found HoT to be quite useful against those LW-weilding stealthers and slam bots.

You just cast it in when your q/cing 2 (maybe 3) lifetaps and your sorted. Ofcourrse when theres an able caster who gets the jump on you just /release - unless his gimped you'll not survive (unless its an animist - then you have a chance :eek:))

If you intend to rvr with a necromancer then sure go for it - but it'll get frustrating and annoying. The only thing a necromancer defiantly excels at is beating down low realm ranks, solo/duo tanks, support characters and stealthers. Unfortunately finding these qualities on their own in NF isn't an easy task.

However it is not true that a necromancer can't do damage in RvR. With you've reached RR3/4+, with the right RA's you'll find you have the ability to 3/4 shot casters - something which is useful on a battlefield where the necromancer is left free
 

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
3,292
now just fix the fact that I lose all my boofz everytime I take a boat!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom