Necromancer Question

T

the_smurflord

I am currently levelling up a necro at the moment and am thinking about putting together a few SC items for later on. Since 99% of the time I'm in shade mode and it's my pet getting hit instead of me I was wonder what stats are transfered to my pet.
I've heard that my resistances are transfered to the pet without any modificaiton, but I was wondering about +hits items and possibly +stat items.

If +hits have no effect on the hit points the pet has, there seems little point in putting any into my SC set.

G

Gran

I think you only need Magic Resists, Int and Dex to help the cast time of the Lifetap shouts etc. All the others Stats are no use in shade form.

Standard Disclaimer: This information might be incorrect at the time of posting due to me being wrong, but then again I might be correct :)

G

Gabrial

Bump!

I want to know what stats are transferred aswell like resists and stuff for sure...

V

VodkaFairy

I've heard magical resists are transferred to the pet, melee resists aren't. No stats are transferred to your pet either I think, so put dex and int on your armor.

What I said might be horribly wrong but at least that's what I've heard. But you and your pet are still two different characters, ie, a cleric can buff the pet -and- you so I doubt the pet will be "double-buffed" after that. Think it's just the magical resists that transfer to the pet :p

T

the_smurflord

Think I'll just not bother with SC armour then at all. Just go with the epic and a few rog drops to get the int and dex.

K

Kurfew

Only stats nerco has any need of is:

Magic resists
Int
Dex

Some Str to carry loot

And thats the lot :uhoh:

Kurfew Necrofiliak Lv47 Necro <TheRigante>
Deni Morr Lv23 Friar <TheRigante>

G

Gabrial

Kurfew - does that mean my magic resists carry over to the pet?

K

Kurfew

YUP

S

Shianna

At the moment magical resist should be transfered, but they are not. I tested this with dueling a friend on Dartmoor. No difference if I had max magical resists (level 33 necro) or not - my pet fell down after the same amount of nukes or dots or such..and i di not see any difference in the amount of life my pet lost after each nuke.
So this proved that magical resist might be put in later (or be bugfixed) as Mythic stated that they were intende to work. Right now, Necro pets are canon fodder to nukers/bombs.

Shi

edit: just put dex/int/power (and maybe + to skill as I noticed a slightly higher damage with + in deathsight while casting my mana drain / life drain nukes...not mich, but a little) on the armor, maybe str for carrying loot (makes quite a difference if you carry 50 or nearly 100 *g*) and the magical resist either later (with some pieces of armor replaced), do it now or just leave them be until its fixed...

K

Kurfew

Well i take my armour off, pet resists suffer.

without armour pet is mezzed every time,put my armour
back on, pet then starts to resist mez! occasionally :(

Just think its a case of the Necro class being very buggy,and
not thought out properly. 1.6 should hopefully correct this.

Only just
Returned from quitting Daoc, only rolled a Necro to get a Lv50 fast
to farm items and cash for my Friar, as one V one necro is very
good but in the chaos which is RVR atm, Mr Blue con pet is a joke,
Slow to react, crap melee resist's, 5 second swing time etc.offers
little to the group apart from power & i dont see many Necro's
transfering their power in RVR..

So come on Mythic sort out this class!

Kurfew Necrofiliak Lv47 Necro <TheRigante> Just a Farmer atm

B

bigchief

Originally posted by Kurfew
Only stats nerco has any need of is:

Magic resists
Int
Dex

Some Str to carry loot

And thats the lot :uhoh:

What Kurfew said ^^

Magic resists do transfer to the pet, but theyre incredibly bugged. They also dont affect the duration on stun or mez which they should - so the pet will always be stunned the full length of time.

Int stats affect the overall damage of all your spells. It is the one stat that does transfer to the pet.

Dex makes your own casts quicker (ie the insta lifetap).

Melee resists only affect the shade - so really only work when not in shade form. The pets melee resists come from your buffs for the pet. Str/con buffs actually increase the absorb of the pet, not increase its hp so if you want the pet to tank keep it well buffed.

As you only need dex/int and magic resists its easy to cap out str on 99% armour which helps with carrying all the loot a necro generates.

Users who are viewing this thread