Necromancer leveling

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Hey, i want to make myself a necromancer. I have a fop bb, and i wonder what spec i should go for to level as fast as possible..

I was thinking something like Deathsight from 20 to 40, and then maybe respec to Death Servant for focus shield etc and pbae for the last 10 levels?

And does anyone have a leveling guide for necromancer+bot?

:cheers:

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well since you are not being PL'd, go full deathsight from 20-50 and you will be pulling non stop. Spirit weak mobs is the key. FoP is kinda irrelevant but buffs help

Next time you need something from the internet, google it. Here's the first result I got after using 5secs VN Boards - NECRO - Leveling Guide Version 2.0

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
/level isnt available so enjoy 1-50!

spirit weak faggots is the way to go! faggots are usaully weak to a strong spirit, sp do faggots till level 50 and youll be good to got for leveing

CorNokZ

what did it with the who now? Hasnt wokred on Ywain for hte last 6 months or so irirc!

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
It works on Dyvet now, and i want to level in peace before i transfer my chars to ywain:p

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Get to 30 in level then head off to lyonesse and xp on danions there you level up really quickly to 45-46 + if you got an alchemist you get load alchy drops.

Once 46 I used to go AC and do mobs there great if you got Cleric BB as assist on necro Stun assisting and you have np.

If alb have DF thats also a great place for necro.

Soulja

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Its going quite fast now:) im lvl 28 allready, with 2hrs /played.. I have only been at the Apple snatchers, and the dark ghosts there:)

Soulja_IA_

Can't get enough of FH
Its going quite fast now:) im lvl 28 allready, with 2hrs /played.. I have only been at the Apple snatchers, and the dark ghosts there:)

Nice try Lyonesse tho there camp of mobs just on left down hill as you enter they great spirit damage mobs as well.

Soulja

CorNokZ

As Soul says, go to lyonesse at around level 30.. There's a great camp to down the hill to the left where the Dunters pretty much insta respawns and they are very weak towards spirit dmg. When you've leveled past them go north past the daonian clerk's house. There you will find a rock where the clerk's insta respawn pretty much and you'll fly through the levels

alb_lyoness.jpg

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Cool, thanks for all the advice guys!

Btw, i have a few questions..

1. How does the "quickcast" spell work?

2. What stats etc are transferred to the pet upon summoning it? (summoningsuit and caster suit)

CorNokZ

1) This is tricky for all new necros, so don't fear :) Basically what I do is press qc and the spell I want the pet to cast. When you see the message "The <pet> casts a spell" that's the qc that fires and the pet should start casting. After this click the next spell you want the pet to cast and it should do a follow up cast

2) Only con and hits transfers to the pet when summoning, so that's all you need in your summoning suit. The caster suit should have int, dex, resists and toa stats capped

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Allright, im now level 40, and its quite easy. (and boring:p.) And im tempted to respec to Death Servant for some challenges, and maybe more fun?

Any advice on this? And any advice on where i should go?

CorNokZ

1) No
2) Okay, if that is what you want, then go servant. But your leveling will be much slower and all your gear will wear down in a matter of seconds
3) Servant necros usually require some sort template to actually work and not die really quickly. With sight you can chain pull without mobs even reaching you, where as with servant you will be oop after pulls, you are much more likely to die and leveling will be slower

At level 50 you can gather a template and then respec and do perfectly fine, but I've never seen servant necros work at lower levels

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Allright, I think I'll stay with Deathsight to level 50 then.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Stay deathsight until 50. Much easier to level with it. If you want to farm you need a decent template and servant yeah

^
Is tis true?

I'm pretty sure that all stats including resists and AF were transfered.

Yes it's true. Only con and hits is transferred

mikke

Can't get enough of FH
Found this on the Internet!

Stat Transfer, Summoning Suits, and Buffs

As we all know, the necromancer is a unique class as our pet is our 'combat avatar' and we, in shade form are unable to directly influence our environment (to a certain extent). Because of this unique situation, our pet is able to receive bonuses to its stats based on the gear that we are wearing, some at time of summon, some all of the time (will get into this shortly).

STATS FROM POINTS AT CREATION

The only base stats that are important for a necro are Dexterity and Intelligence, a good suggestion for an Inconnu would be +10 Dex, +15 Int. Base Con, Qui, Str, etc do not effect the pet in any way, points placed there on creation do nothing, so if you are thinking of putting points into Con when you roll your new necro, don't, as it will gain you nothing. However, Dex will increase the shade's casting speed, and Int will increase the shade's power pool. Nothing else will affect you OR your pet.

STATS FROM BUFFS

Next up are buffs, if you have a bot, or group with a buff spec player, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. The necro does not need any buffs other than acuity, dexterity, and dexterity/quickness. EVER. Buffs on the necro do not transfer to the pet. Once the pet is summoned, you can buff it with Con, Dex, Str, Base AF, Dex/Qui, and Str/Con.

The above buffs effect the pet in the following manner:
Str - increase melee damage
Con - increase absorb (Melee and Magic)
Dex - decrease pet casting time AND increase absorb (Melee)
Base AF - increase absorb (Melee)
Dex/Qui - decrease pet casting time AND increase absorb (Melee)
Str/Con - increase absorb (Melee and Magic)

STATS FROM ITEM BONUSES

Now for the fun part, stats derived from gear. When your pet is summoned, it's hit-points are determined by the amount of constitution and hitpoints that the necro has equipped at the instant the pet arrives. These are the only stats that transfer to pet on summoning. After the pet is summoned, it gains the benifits of +dex and resists from the gear that is worn. This situation has led many necros to start using a 'summoning suit' which allows them to cap their constitution and hit points before summoning pet, then after pet is up, they change back to the items that cap dexterity, intelligence, resists, and power pool.

STATS FROM REALM ABILITIES

A note on Realm Abilities. The 'Augmented Stat' RAs do not transfer to pet, however, the Toughness RA DOES transfer to pet, so if you are going for the toughest pet possible, this is the RA of choice.

-Addendum-

With the release of Darkness Rising and with it Champion levels, I am under the impression that the hits gained from advancing your champion level also transfer to pet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom