Necro RA's & SC

F

fatgit

Been reading a lot about hte following issues, and thought all necro's should read this :

ONLY magic resists transfer to your pet, melee resists are useless

(awaiting confirmation from GOA, but many US necros say) Resists fom AoM and racial bonuses do NOT transfer

Int transfers, but no other stats

SC: assuming the above, you only need to max magic resists, int and any +skills. Dex may help slightly on casting pet :rolleyes:

Alchemy is useless apart from potions. We cannot use charged items or reactives/procs in shade mode

RA's : Acc to all the posts I can find, Wild Minion is bugged and does not work :(

Strike The Soul is also bugged.

Only known working/useful RA's for necro :

Wild Power
Master of Magery
Augmented Acuity
Wild Arcana
MCL
Serenity

If anyone has PROOF to contradict the above please post :eek:
As far as melee resists go, I have tested this, and teh do definitely NOT transfer to the pet.

T

tieris

Ive also found that staff focus, is also bugged. When in inconnu form my nukes cost alot less to cast then when in shade mode. Anyone else found this problem?

D

DocWolfe

when I was using a blue con staff my power was being raped (in shade form) when I finally bought a new one power was ok.

F

fatgit

The staff you get at level 5 has *no* focus at all
Staffs : get one spellcrafted for best results, failing that there should be necro staffs on most caster staff vendors, just scroll through the pages.
There is a staff merchant in Gothwaite Harbour, house furthest from the water, tight hand side as you go in, on 5th page on the right.
You cannot delve the stats on the merchant, so buy yellow minimum,

Cast in Inconnu mode ? WTF :p Personally, the only spell I or any other necro I know can cast is summon servant spells :eek:

O

old.Gombur Glodson

You also get a focus staff as a reward in the lvl 20 epic.

D

Draigo

Or go hunt Haunted Appletrees I had 5 Necro staffs drop, being the only necro in our group of 4 I had all 5, its fun also guesing what the stats are going to be on em :rolleyes:

they ranged from focus 15-22 and stats always had aleast a +1
in the necro spec lines alog with dex or int

P

Pin

Originally posted by fatgit

SC: assuming the above, you only need to max magic resists, int and any +skills. Dex may help slightly on casting pet :rolleyes:

Many necro spells have a self cast-time (e.g. instant lifetap has 3 second cast time for you, then instant for the pet). Having high dex will reduce this cast time.

T

tris-

Originally posted by tieris
When in inconnu form my nukes cost alot less to cast then when in shade mode. Anyone else found this problem?

thought it was impossible to cast any spell except summon pet when in normal mode.

M

-mk-

it's the 'you fail to cast the spell/spell resisted' twick :D

F

fatgit

Re: Re: Necro RA's & SC

Originally posted by Pin

Many necro spells have a self cast-time (e.g. instant lifetap has 3 second cast time for you, then instant for the pet). Having high dex will reduce this cast time.

Problem is, if pets also meleeing, its usually a longer wait for the swing to finish before the pet casts anyway :p

Users who are viewing this thread