necro lvling question

Adari

Part of the furniture
Ghallo,

Can anyone tell me if I should lvl as a servant necro or deathsight necro past lvl 40? I have a cleric bot /stuck to me, same lvl, doing catacombs instances. Just wanna know which spec will be best, im DS now and its el coolio but I hear servant is of rox.

Ta

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
I would go thru a couple levels of BG's and get MCL1 or 2 before you go servant spec, but yeah it's really nice for PL.

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
servant spec is very nice.... BUT i would wait with it until you are level 47+

lower levels + lower level bot would be hard i think...

DS should eat throug the mobs almost as fast as servant anyways.... :)

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
last time i checked necro's couln't get MCL i think, my memory is bad now adays:D

Varna said:
I would go thru a couple levels of BG's and get MCL1 or 2 before you go servant spec, but yeah it's really nice for PL.

but ye like Varna sayed keeping your power high is your priority:) i sugest power taping every so often till you get 100% then mass pull then get power back

Nocode

Fledgling Freddie
psyco said:
last time i checked necro's couln't get MCL i think, my memory is bad now adays:D

Yup its bad :), necro CAN get MCL (and Raging Power)

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
ive been servant spec from when i did /lvl20 and didnt have a bb back then, if uve got a bb i would advise servant spec :) btw was doing arties etc at lvl 46 with mine when i finally got my bb, if u play ur necro correctly u shouldnt run out of power too often, handy to have fop on ur bb tho. they are quicker to lvl than sight necros imo as u have ur pbaoe so u can do mass pulling

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
pinkey said:
ive been servant spec from when i did /lvl20 and didnt have a bb back then, if uve got a bb i would advise servant spec :) btw was doing arties etc at lvl 46 with mine when i finally got my bb, if u play ur necro correctly u shouldnt run out of power too often, handy to have fop on ur bb tho. they are quicker to lvl than sight necros imo as u have ur pbaoe so u can do mass pulling

only if your fully buffed, otherwize its as fast as a sight, but it also depends on the con, w/o buffs i can take 3-4 blues aslong as theres no casters - runs the risk of pulling full camps of stuff, but recently i have gotten better at pulling 2-3 caster types so imo its all about how you play - and learning from mistakes - the key being learning, but thats my only lvl 50 that is actully semi decent at killing things, my cleric can barely take a green and my tic can take reds, aslong as its an archer and it shoot untill about 50% then comes neer, but my tic cannot kill anything, like my cleric in melee

pinkey

Fledgling Freddie
fully buffed most servants can take on 18yellow con without healing no problem

Galoma

Fledgling Freddie
for leveling i still recomend DS... its ez and safe...

Servant is nice.... but can work against you ig u don't have good enough buffs or enough Dex... for good farming u need red spec dex +25% on the pet...

i normally level up my necros on DS and respec at 50 to servant...

zeusmdk

Fledgling Freddie
some site for you to look at to help you decide m8
where to level
necro guide

my thoughts are these
Which is faster to 50 from 40, servant or sight?

* Sight I would say, ESPECIALLY if you do not have a buff bot. Sight has more options for where to hunt, while servant pretty restricted till you hit 49-50.

* servant with a level 50 enhance bot will level a ton faster than sight, make sure you have a couple mana regen ra's though like mcl, rp, and serenity so you can pull non-stop

* no bot? HELLLLLL NO , for servant spec u need full buffs and the red border heal proc, sight spec is ur only option for unbuffed necro farming imo

* Final spec target: 47 Servant/ 25 Sight/ 8 Pain

* Thoughts:
Servants can kill more XP/h than sight necros
Kill power comes primarily from PBAoE, Damage Shield, and level of the buff-bot
Waiting around to regen power is a real time sink
Need to be able to pull aggro off of bot

* So:
Spend first 5 RP on MCL1
Make sure to have at least 37 Servant at level 40 to get the second best PBAoE
Get to level 44 damage shield and 47 PBAoE as fast as possible
Can't spec full servant at level 40, because I'll need some powertap
Spec at least 2 in Painworking to get Str/con insta-debuff

* Plan
Level__Servant__Sight__Pain
40.0 __ 38__ 12__ 2 (initial spec)
44.0 __ 44__ 12__ 2 (top damage shield)
45.0 __ 44__ 16__ 2 (better combat lifetap)
47.0 __ 47__ 16__ 2 (top PBAoE)(Let the big killing begin)
47.5 __ 47__ 18__ 2 (better powertap)
49.0 __ 47__ 23__ 2 (better combat lifetap)
50.0 __ 47__ 25__ 8 (done!)
like i say just my thoughts but they work i have got sight servant and 47 pianworking to(note to self never try painworking again)

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
stay sight until 50 - u will burn thru all the mobs extreemly fast - get your arse over to caldey / gwyneddeu (sp!) as most of the mobs are undead

Do white light camps / skeleton camps -
keep the
ebon skeleton tibias (lvl48 kill quest)
pitch skeleton hands (lvl49 kill quest)
Mummified hands (lvl49 kill task)

as you can turn in 15 (but i think its 20 now) of them in for some uber xp - a bit like the danonian harvest lists etc

Roken

One of Freddy's beloved
rampant said:
stay sight until 50 - u will burn thru all the mobs extreemly fast - get your arse over to caldey / gwyneddeu (sp!) as most of the mobs are undead

Do white light camps / skeleton camps -
keep the
ebon skeleton tibias (lvl48 kill quest)
pitch skeleton hands (lvl49 kill quest)
Mummified hands (lvl49 kill task)

as you can turn in 15 (but i think its 20 now) of them in for some uber xp - a bit like the danonian harvest lists etc

Its 20 for sure - and each set of 20 gets you 2 bubs at level 49 :D

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
It depends what you want to do at Lvl 50. If you just want to be another worthless random arti farming Necro then go Servant. If you want to go RVR then Sight is the only viable spec.

That said, we get multiple purchasable respecs in a forthcoming patch so try both specs and see what suits you best.

Adari

Part of the furniture
thanks a lot for all the info

greatly appreciated :)

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Dont forget Stonehenge Barrows , 90% of the stuff in there is spirit weak and its always empty these days. :)

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
u do 40-50 as servant necro with bot stupidly fast in lyonesse.

Adari

Part of the furniture
my bot doesnt have fop though, im guessign that will matter a lot?

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Adari said:
my bot doesnt have fop though, im guessign that will matter a lot?

get mcl1 and serenity 1 or 2 and use power drain every 3rd or 4th pull

Adari

Part of the furniture
kk, better spend some time in bg's then :p

ta

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Danamyr said:
It depends what you want to do at Lvl 50. If you just want to be another worthless random arti farming Necro then go Servant. If you want to go RVR then Sight is the only viable spec.

That said, we get multiple purchasable respecs in a forthcoming patch so try both specs and see what suits you best.

dont you mean if you want to be a worthless adding necro then go sight?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom