Necro leveling guide rip

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever level you are with a Necro always go for undead/spirit mobs they are weak against Necro's. Necro's do something stupid like 70% more damage to them :).

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
It's official, I've started exping in Barrows at lvl 29 with my necro. (considering going elsewhere though as my finger hurts from spamming lifetap on purple cons)

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Great leveling guide, but no mention of anything TOA, any mobs a solo necro can play with, preferably for scrolls etc?

Also any necroisuberatsoloing artis?

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel mate this is on Prydwen yes? But if it is on PvP go to Aegir then get a horse to Bjarken!!! The skeletons are yellow to you and constant chain because they are undead and you will do a sick amount of dmg to them. But if it is Prydwen then you are obviously at the start of barrows yes? Also was wondering how long it takes you to kill a purp barrows mob? Because if you use up all of your mana for one mob then go find another place with yellow/orange mobs not better exp but much faster. ;)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
47-50 Skel/Desecrator Camp or White Lights (camp 1 or 2) are faster XP than those mentioned in list. Seems to have high drop rate of rog salvage gear too.

If you can get two necros then Ancient Zombie Camp is great. The ruins of a building not the 'pillar camp' further down.

Anyone know if the grasping ghouls bug is still there? The mob proc'd a root on the abom but when fight finished the abom can move freely. Then using power drain on next mob resulted in that mob being rooted. So you could spam power drain till it was done. Obviously someone told me about this and I never knowingly used it.

Deepfat

Fledgling Freddie
Phaeghouls in Hib are fantastic if you're a PvP person. They're a fair trek but out of the way. I was doing them when they were red easily with a 3x Shammy BB to help. They drop nice RoG stuff tho ofc it's alb gear even tho it's in Hibby land.

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
I used thelvl'ing guide a bit when i lvl'd my necro.
prob the best place i found from the list was caer cuddug, lvl 37 - 41 flew by =). once i was 41 i used df like never before. as a alb i found that if i had the chance, to make it over to the mid cook room and lvl there as it was always uncamped. plus the odd mid logging in was always fun =).
cuz they can use all thier postionals i found that af debuffing them then runinng them into mobs was always a great rick :flame:

Graendel

Fledgling Freddie
Xyslo said:
Graendel mate this is on Prydwen yes? But if it is on PvP go to Aegir then get a horse to Bjarken!!! The skeletons are yellow to you and constant chain because they are undead and you will do a sick amount of dmg to them. But if it is Prydwen then you are obviously at the start of barrows yes? Also was wondering how long it takes you to kill a purp barrows mob? Because if you use up all of your mana for one mob then go find another place with yellow/orange mobs not better exp but much faster. ;)

I play on Prydwen.

Yep, purples took a while to kill so I settled for the (then) orange goblins. The problem was they ran up to me so fast I only had time for 2 mana taps max. Anyway..most mobs in Barrows now con yellow or orange to me which is ideal. There is absolutely no downtime but as I am not terribly stressed to xp now (just wanted lvl40+ to start doing MLs) what I tend to do is log in, get my 10 bubs, log out just as camp bonus dries up.

Since they nerfed FoP to not affect someone in combat it makes a great tool for any lvling necro. I pull until my eyes bleed, and if I have had problems with resists I can just sit in a fop for a few sec to get my power up and then go again (just in time for repops). It doesn't leech any xp and my cleric does not have any problems with the occasional random blue con aggro.

I was thinking of going to ML5 dungeon at 48+. Does anyone know if the mobs in there are spirit weak? What about some fine xp spots in NF?

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Htere are no mobs in ToA that are spirit weak .. well afaik, so the lvl'ing guide is a god as it gets for a necro

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Graendel said:
I play on Prydwen.

Yep, purples took a while to kill so I settled for the (then) orange goblins. The problem was they ran up to me so fast I only had time for 2 mana taps max. Anyway..most mobs in Barrows now con yellow or orange to me which is ideal.
Yes but where abouts in barrows? At lvl 45 you should be near the very bottom killing the mobs that look like a copy of the Greater Necroservant.

Gamah

Banned
Xyslo said:
Yes but where abouts in barrows? At lvl 45 you should be near the very bottom killing the mobs that look like a copy of the Greater Necroservant.

Wrights

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Thats its *thanks Gameh*. They are orange con to you at 45 and it not hard to kill 'em either because you can mana leech them minimum of 3 times before one gets to you, then just life tap. Shouldn't take you long to get 50 from there :).

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Wights and Undead Liches in Barrows i think from 45 - 50?

Xyslo

Fledgling Freddie
Yes it is they also drop quite good things, for example my Necro is on Camlann and not that long ago I got a lvl 50 Axe with good stats and a really good lvl 50 Cabalist staff :).

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jugvayne said:
Bump for any new necros :)

This is useless now - the mob levels have all changed the further from the starting zone you go.

Going to the locations listed in this post just bring quicker death

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
This is useless now - the mob levels have all changed the further from the starting zone you go.

Going to the locations listed in this post just bring quicker death

Rather than whine about it, why not updated it as you level :eek7:

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Rather than whine about it, why not updated it as you level :eek7:

Im from Hib not smelly Alb :) so actualy take back my earlier comment, let the younger necros waste their time going to a location on a leveling guide that someone bumped this weekend even tho its totaly useless

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
Im from Hib not smelly Alb :) so actualy take back my earlier comment, let the younger necros waste their time going to a location on a leveling guide that someone bumped this weekend even tho its totaly useless

I know I use to go on your raids :)

and it's not a waste, we dont need more necro's camping artifacts :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom