Necro Chaining

L

lordbazzer

Ok, I know I should be able to do it, but how the f**k am I supposed to chain oranges?

Im a lvl 23 full deathsight specced Necro but I cannot chain yellows/oranges.

I know I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Help an Iconnu today ! (please)

P

Pin

powertap/lifetap, powertap, powertap, powertap to pull

a couple of insta lifetaps in combat

facilitate painworking - powertap, powertap.

mob dead, you full/near-full power, pet at full/near-full health, rinse, repeat.

L

lordbazzer

hmmm not sure-how do I tell?

am trying cornwall hunters atm

P

Pin

Originally posted by lordbazzer

kill undead mobs (you can tell if they are weak to spirit if you get a (+xx) damage number on your spells).

A

Aybabtu

Hunters aren't spirit weak but they try to shot you at range so most of the time you don't even get close combat

F

Fagane

At your level? <rofl> Go to catacombs for red ones or go to SI to do trees and ghosts.

Undead/Spirits all the way.

Fagane

L

lordbazzer

Thx for advice, but is there a 'set sequence' for casting my spells for instance lifetap,lifetap,powertap, etc.....

A

acei

Thx for advice, but is there a 'set sequence' for casting my spells for instance lifetap,lifetap,powertap, etc.....
Pin's already given u one...

L

lordbazzer

Got it

will give it a go-thx for all the advice again guys :)

T

tripitaka

Ok, I know I should be able to do it, but how the f**k am I supposed to chain oranges?

Im a lvl 23 full deathsight specced Necro but I cannot chain yellows/oranges.

I know I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

Help an Iconnu today ! (please)

CHoose spirit weak mobs - but afaik when 1.62 kicked in , even spirit weak mobs started resisting a whole lot more than usual.

Doesn't help when ur coming to the two levels b4 a new pow tap / life tap casting spell.

G

glorien_

At your lvl with my Necro i was killing trees in SI at the Isle of Glass and Avalon border - they range from blue-orange and i dinged 25 in a matter of hours

L

lordbazzer

Doh !

Thats what I've been doing wrong

:/

M

medowind

Seriously I mean how hard is a class with 2 spells to learn(admittedly the insta and the cast able life taps look the same), the number of necros now days that don’t even know how to pull right is just plain shocking,

Things that help chaining + skill, for better focus usage only if you have it high enough and possibly better damge, + int, your int effects the pets spell damge,

And because armour doesn’t matter you can just use drops forever even if thay are grey because af only effects out of shade form,

but as long as they know they suck in rvr (that involves any form of chain cast able cc anyhow) I guess its ok,

If anyone has any necro related question feel free to pm my chars in game.

E

Ekydus

- Facilitate Painworking. Don't count on it much though because it is bugged.
- If you're getting into trouble make sure you heal the pet.
- Get a staff with focus on it to help with power.
- Work that self cast Life drain.
- Think about what you're doing. Contrary to what the collective on BW say, they know shit. You do need to think when playing a Necromancer.

~ Pull with power drain.
~ When the pet is in combat use self cast life drain.
~ If low on HP use pet cast life drain next pull.
~ GET MCL!
~ Make sure mobs are spirit weak.
~ The best way to level a Necromancer is actually taking yellows NOT oranges. The downtime from oranges compared to yellows is stupid, especially when my Necromancer could take 5 or so on at once.
~ Pull more then one mob - Work out timings, use the power drain once on the first mob, then use it repeatedly on the second. Then switch targets again and use self cast life drain until the first mob dies, switch target and kill again. Repeat.

Good luck mate, learn as you go along.

L

lordbazzer

'Seriously I mean how hard is a class with 2 spells to learn(admittedly the insta and the cast able life taps look the same), the number of necros now days that don’t even know how to pull right is just plain shocking,'

Medowind,

don't assume that everyone has the same knowledge as you when it comes to playing this game. I dont live, eat, sleep and breathe this game but still consider myself to be relatively knowledgeable after playing for over a year. So thanks for your constructive criticism.

Ekydus,

thanks for the comprehensive advice m8 this should help a lot.

Ham

O

Ocalinn

Originally posted by glorien_
At your lvl with my Necro i was killing trees in SI at the Isle of Glass and Avalon border - they range from blue-orange and i dinged 25 in a matter of hours

in a matter of hours?
from 23-25 isnt very hard. was it your first character?
and always pull with power drain spells if u dont have low hp on pet

A

adari

Originally posted by Ekydus
- If you're getting into trouble make sure you heal the pet.
- Get a staff with focus on it to help with power.
- Work that self cast Life drain.
- Think about what you're doing. Contrary to what the collective on BW say, they know shit. You do need to think when playing a Necromancer.

~ Pull with power drain.
~ When the pet is in combat use self cast life drain.
~ If low on HP use pet cast life drain next pull.
~ GET MCL!
~ Make sure mobs are spirit weak.
~ The best way to level a Necromancer is actually taking yellows NOT oranges. The downtime from oranges compared to yellows is stupid, especially when my Necromancer could take 5 or so on at once.
~ Pull more then one mob - Work out timings, use the power drain once on the first mob, then use it repeatedly on the second. Then switch targets again and use self cast life drain until the first mob dies, switch target and kill again. Repeat.

Good luck mate, learn as you go along.

FP works if u use ur brains

o

sorry :(

N

Naewae

Despite (or perhaps because!) of being a good friend of Ekydus I have to disagree about pulling yellows. I find it best to find a mob group that cons yellow and orange (therefore probably high yellows and low oranges.)

You can chain endlessly.

BTW the trees aren't spirit weak but they are still a decent spot cos they are lined up ready for teh kill.

D

Dogsbody

I agree on the high yellow mobs, the only problem I usually encounter is running out of mobs to kill. Also group with a friend or PL an extra char to get adds and group bonus. Dont forget to repair your staff often to reduce the resists, keep those focus bonuses high.

Gotta be careful with FP because sometimes the spell goes off (message says you cast it) but you dont actually get it (no failure message) and you gotta wait 20 secs to cast again. Very annoying. I have also noticed that sometimes if you spam melee lifetap too much the spell casts but you don't see the result appear (ie no resist/hit message).

P

Pin

Originally posted by Ekydus

- FP is not bugged. You will only ever fail to get 2 spells off with it if your timing is complete shit.
- No you don't need to think about what you are doing. Playing a necro is so easy it's laughable.

~ No, the best way to level a necro is to find a good camp of oranges as there is never enough spawn in camps of yellows to keep you busy. There is no downtime on oranges at all, EVER. And you do not need MCL, you'll never run out of power unless you suck with FP.

J

Jiggs

i think some ppl forget to mention they used a buffbot :eek:

P

Pin

Originally posted by Jiggs
i think some ppl forget to mention they used a buffbot :eek:

I've never used one with my necro ;)

(on the same account, PL char on the other)

O

Olco - Cobolt

FP isn't bugged period, it has never failed me up to now except (yes except, i noticed some things)
1) if your pet is on passive FP IS bugged, it almost never goes off, defensive mode no problem at all
2) do fp, then power/lifedrain then WAIT untill your pet starts casting before you queue your second life/powerdrain
3) same as above, wait for the pet to start its casting, don't try to cast your instalifetap as it will overwrite the fp (pet has the same spellqueue as you and as such you are trying to cast 3speels= first one gets lost= no fp
it is however possible to:
fp,petcastspell...wait for pet to startc asting...new petcastspell and start csting your instas this way the pet will cast its second spell and normally your insta will be rdy before it has finished its casting and cast it immediatly after its 2nd spell

about losing an insta..this only happens if you're buffed, the max insta's the pet can cast in one swing is 2, so 2lifetaps, 1 lifetap and a heal, etcetc else your first spell will get lost again
if petis on passive it only casts one insta every swing, soemtimes if your pet attacks the mob althougth he's on passiveit may happen that he casts 2 insta's the next swing, but on passive try to keep one insta a time

on pre-abompets the swing is about 3seconds, as such, if you press FP and before you can queue your spell it goes off you will lose 3secs= 1 spell, so only one spell will be cast, abom has a slower swingspeed and loses the full duration iirc (or close to it anyway)

the best thing to pull is spiritweakmobs (SI is full of 'm) and find camps with yellow-oranges or oranges and some yellow-blues near to fill up on mana/health if needed

B

belth

FP isn't bugged with passive mode either, it's just tricky to make it do anything as it executes pretty much instantly (put sound on, hear the "thunder"). Especially in combat, hence atleast I don't bother.

O

Olco - Cobolt

Originally posted by belth
FP isn't bugged with passive mode either, it's just tricky to make it do anything as it executes pretty much instantly (put sound on, hear the "thunder"). Especially in combat, hence atleast I don't bother.
could be, if so, my fault, forget what i said about fp in passive then :)
(my pet is always on defensive, except for mobs who don't even get to me or only need one insta to finish them off ;))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom