Necro and RvR

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Are there any active rvr necro's out there? I adore my Necromancer in PVE and I've always known we were lacking in rvr but I'm tempted to try anyway for the hell of it :)

Teren

One of Freddy's beloved
have ~20k afaik...
killing solo tanks, stealthers :) mostly in df and odins

Vorkanz

Fledgling Freddie
Oo

Definately worth it m8, AS LONG AS U GOT A BB. Otherwise theres just no point, get pawned every time

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Im hoping it improves with the next patch as the pet will be boosted a little.
Im not to far off rr3 atm DF or tag along on keep raids seems to be the only way to get rp's.I dont know about the rest of you but its very rare to get an invite to a group. The main invites i get are from grey cons :(

A

Aoln

I always see the same Necro (can't remember name) running around with the same minstrel (again can't remember name) and they seem to do ok. :)

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
The end of the month should herald a nice spell for necros with the coming of 1.65, although the coming of ToA also gimps them >< (Edit: If your wondering why its mainly durabilty related, reports from usa are that necros are quiting in droves due to the insane item degrigation. Has been as much as 1% dur per mob on certain items. Also Necros will be at a big disadvantage as they can only use artifacts that are staffs whilst in shade form, making all other things useless.)

So live it up for a few weeks then go into retirement due to mythic's proverbal ass r*ping :wij:

Serbitar

Fledgling Freddie
I believe its 1.67 that the necro durability changes are introduced

Codien

Fledgling Freddie
Got 70 odd k on my necro. They are fun to play in RvR up to a point. To be a RP whore your best bet is to go out in the small hours (buffed ofc) and wait for a steather to hit you. As long as you cast double (or triple after patch) LT with your FP you sould be ok. When I get FP off and do this correctly I win about 75% 1 on 1's with a stealther. Against casters you are stuffed, the slow swing will allow them to get a root/mezz off and drop back, have a cup off coffee then nuke you. Other option for RP whore is to find 2 or 3 treb users, team up with them, set your pet on stay/passive and set GT's.

In big battles you are best at the back. I have found debuffing assist train target or tapping them whilst you LOP and giving pow to healers my main duties.

As long as you are prepared to be left out of many groups and be mezzed/rooted for a large length of time a bit of RvR makes a nice change from farming/PL'ing. Also a couple of RA's makes farming/PL'ing so much easier.

In short, zergs or keep fights good, solo ok at quite times, otherwise keep on farming.

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Serbitar said:
I believe its 1.67 that the necro durability changes are introduced

Afaik we get ToA patched to 1.67?

Codien

Fledgling Freddie
Kreig said:
So Necros + ToA = Gimps

No

They dont get gimped in 1.67 (I guess thats what you mean by ToA)
What happens is that when the pet gets hit our armour will degrade. This happens at quite a quick rate apparently.

So a few solutions.

1. We use very common drops with 99% non oc'ed suits for farming/pling. Our necros will be better than now just not as good as 1.65.

2. We spend a fortune on a mix of MP/normal SC and 99% OC'ed suits to max out our farming/pl stats.

With both of the above I suggest that if you want RvR seriously you keep a change of clothes when you RvR

3. You spend a fair bit for a one off investment of a MP set and OC it so you have 130% of you cap. This should give you near capped stats when your kit is at 70% con. Not 100% sure about this one but think it will work.

4. Be grateful for the increase in stats we get in 1.65 and consider the degrading of the kit as one of the many bugs we have to put up with. You can even turn these into games. I get very excited when I suddenly lose a pet at a mile gate. Those 20 seconds before my new pet is there are pant wetting seconds.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
My necro is a LGM tailor - 1100+ tailoring and 700+ fletching should mean I can repair my own armour and staff. I'll simply not bother with jewlery so hopefully the nerf won't effect me too much :)

other than that I'll just stockpile me some staff drops from caldey!

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Codien said:
No

They dont get gimped in 1.67 (I guess thats what you mean by ToA)
What happens is that when the pet gets hit our armour will degrade. This happens at quite a quick rate apparently.

So a few solutions.

1. We use very common drops with 99% non oc'ed suits for farming/pling. Our necros will be better than now just not as good as 1.65.

2. We spend a fortune on a mix of MP/normal SC and 99% OC'ed suits to max out our farming/pl stats.

With both of the above I suggest that if you want RvR seriously you keep a change of clothes when you RvR

3. You spend a fair bit for a one off investment of a MP set and OC it so you have 130% of you cap. This should give you near capped stats when your kit is at 70% con. Not 100% sure about this one but think it will work.

4. Be grateful for the increase in stats we get in 1.65 and consider the degrading of the kit as one of the many bugs we have to put up with. You can even turn these into games. I get very excited when I suddenly lose a pet at a mile gate. Those 20 seconds before my new pet is there are pant wetting seconds.

Aye thats what gimped basically means :)

If mobs degrade sets at a rapid rate so will RvR so even that theory of using drops for PvE and MP for RvR is pretty below standard, the practical implications would be a nightmare and costly which you have stated.

Another thing is... The Staff Artifacts you can use become pointless, have seen screenshots of Artifacts that arent even lvl10 and have no Dur left or Con.

Lucky i dont have a Necro :p

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Kami said:
My necro is a LGM tailor - 1100+ tailoring and 700+ fletching should mean I can repair my own armour and staff. I'll simply not bother with jewlery so hopefully the nerf won't effect me too much :)

other than that I'll just stockpile me some staff drops from caldey!

Doesnt mater if ur a lgm tailor and fletch with rates as bad as 1% durabilty loss per mob fight would see you having to make + sc yourself a set of armour every gaming session.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
I seriously doubt it's as bad as the yanks are claiming, it'll be the usual over reacting and supposed cancelling of accounts that goes on. 1% per mob? highly unlikely!

Speeedy

Fledgling Freddie
Myth send me a tell when you want to go RvR.. will log in Speeedy and see what we can do as a duo ;o

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Are there any active rvr necro's out there? I adore my Necromancer in PVE and I've always known we were lacking in rvr but I'm tempted to try anyway for the hell of it :)
As a few ppl have said a buffed necro solo/duo when its quiet can do quite well. All it takes is one caster to fk you over though, even a savage assist train takes quite a while to kill a buffed necro.

In FG rvr you tend to be mez'd for the duration so take no part in the fight until its all over. Gets even more fun in TOA with the 'cloud' effect ML's perm interupting the pet if youre within one :p

Aoln: Belive youre thinking of Shaques and Kermylicious(sp?). Works well I assume as they have everything that the necro lacks .. speed, stun, mez, demez. All gives the necro something thats needed to take down a small grp of opponents. Given a necro can heal themselves all you need is for the minstrel to stay alive and make sure casters on the other side are face down and you can have some fun :)

Can be very frustrating though, GL to all who wish to try it imo. I stopped playing mine in RvR at rr4L4 .. got sorc, inf and pala now which are far more fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom