National IQ test results...

O

old.job

118, but I guessed a lot of the logic one's and got lucky, but got 12/12 in memory!!

K

klavrynd

103, but then again english isnt my mother tongue

T

Tobold

omg look at this result

Salary

non-earner

below £20,000

£20,000 - £30,000

£30,001 - £50,000

£50,000 +

that looks very wrong :eek:

D

Damini

And probably that chart looks wrong because all the dumb people think its funny to say they are high earners?

And quite a few currently unemployed people are still in education and keeping their brains active?

O

old.LandShark

I don't know about that theory to be honest Damini...
Personally I could never get anywhere with a logic-puzzle while I was still in school, but a year of slacking around later and I've just joined Mensa :p
Missed the actual national IQ test thingy though, they got a version on their website at all? I'll go take a butcher's...

Originally posted by sharma
what did you get?

i got 77

Fantastic for a fish :D

Originally posted by old.tRoG
119 :)

I have a crap memory.

Amazing for a kilt :p

D

Damini

Yeah, but I'm just speculating as to why it seems odd. Probably the same reason my msn profile has me working in the military, and 65 years old.

You can't rely on statistics, but you can expect people to lie in statistics.

O

old.LandShark

131.... weak in visual memory (well, all it tells you is weak in memory, but I'm fairly sure it was the visual ones I screwed up) and perception.
*shrug*

About the salary vs IQ thing... I dunno, I'd be surprised if enough people lied about their salary to completely skew the results to the point where the below-average IQs had the TOP earnings...

D

Damini

But if you were going to lie about your earnings, that would be the one to click...

And what's the going entry rate for MENSA these days? Is it still 145?

O

old.LandShark

Honestly haven't a clue. They don't tell you, apparently back when they DID tell you it just ended up in elitism within the organisation.
So two tests later all I know is that I was eligable to join, never actually found out my result.
That said, i could have done but I wasn't going to pay extra for it :p

Doubt it's as high as 145 btw, or if it's 145 then it's on a different scale to the one the BBC result gives..
Or, hell, maybe I'm just more stupid now than I was a month ago. Worrying thought :E

O

old.TeaSpoon

Well I took an IQ test a while ago and scored 139... took this one at 1am whilst chatting to four people on MSN and got 84 :D

I was told I scored high enough for MENSA...

O

osy

I did that out of curiosity. I'm not english, and about 40% of the questions I didn't understand... got 92.

O

old.LandShark

Well, most IQ tests I've seen modify the result based on an assessment of your english skills (whether it asks you what level you are educated to regarding english language, or whatever)... certainly it seems odd that this one doesn't, but then, it's the BBC, not an international society. :)

T

Tilda

no i have trouble spelling and get extra time for it in exams etc, but have no trouble reading. I tend to spell hings phonetically, and yes i know thats not right :p

Tilda

O

old.LandShark

My bad, you don't have problems spelling, you're just a careless typist :p
Nm :p

T

Tobold

took the iq test as a 70+ year old who drank 40+units of alcohol a day

got 153 :eek:

S

Sharma

and youre not english either, i feel like a right thick tit :|

T

Tasans

Mensa has, or had a different system. I think 127 on their scale was the limit to join, well i scored 126 on that test but finished it in half an hour (instead of the 2 hours you are supposed to be doing it) :eek:

I

inuyasha

i got 99 of an avrage 100, and you estimated 100 :D

Ill come back to it when i NEED to remember what direction old people is looking when they sleep at the beach, or when wierd figures jump in front off me and say: which of the pictures below do you want me to connect to? :D

O

old.Tyraette

125 here :)

Shaeffer > Addlecove :p

hehe couldnt resist

For those who know me and my family, Dad <Dying> got 109 and mum got 111

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom