Name of the start .wav sound file :)

E

Eyeinthedark

anyone know the name of the soundfile for the start sound, the one sort of boomes when you load daoc?

i want to remove it :)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Even if you do the patcher will put it back again.

Heres a thought, a volume control :p

C:\Shrouded Isles\Sounds\title.mp3

Although IMO calltoarms.mp3 sounds better ;)

T

tripitaka

IF you turn off music in game options, you wont get the title music, you also wont get ingame music tho (obviously) IE when you enter new towns, etc. You will still get the ambient music ;)

Z

Zebolt

or just turn the wolume down when you start the game and turn it back up when it's over? :rolleyes:

W

Whoodoo_RD

Originally posted by Zebolt
or just turn the wolume down when you start the game and turn it back up when it's over? :rolleyes:
I said that....pharmer!

L

Legolias

Or you could stop watching p0rn while loading up daoc :clap:

E

Eyeinthedark

I do turn the volume down and then up when it has finished loading :p but thats mighty annoying. I Hope patches wont put it back if i delete because, i have all ingame sounds turned off and it still plays,,

but u may be referring to the start music , i mean the very first sound that comes up when u load daoc, when the black screen with mythic on it comes up, its a loud annoying boom :p

so its not the title.wav :/

T

Tesla Monkor

Look around in the /sound directory. it's in there for sure.. It's been a while, but I did mess around with it, and replaced that song with another mp3 which it played just fine. (But it will be replaced whenever you login again and the patcher checks.)

Not too hard to circumvent with two batch files, but it's tedious. :)

V

Vorcyn

Its "Mythic.wav". But like said above, it wll get replaced when ever the patcher runs, if you delete it or change it etc.

If your on xp, there is a workaround you can do. Right click on the file > properties > security - and remove all permissions on the file, basically allowing no-one to play it. Slightly dodgy, but does the job if its annoys you so much ;)

E

Eyeinthedark

Originally posted by Vorcyn
Its "Mythic.wav". But like said above, it wll get replaced when ever the patcher runs, if you delete it or change it etc.

If your on xp, there is a workaround you can do. Right click on the file > properties > security - and remove all permissions on the file, basically allowing no-one to play it. Slightly dodgy, but does the job if its annoys you so much ;)

:clap: Thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu =) :clap:

O

old.Tohtori

Zebone 40th Bonedancer - RR1
Zebuilding #2045
<Jordheim Peoples Front™>

Tempted to create <Peoples Front of Jordheim> *grins*

K

kahl

my windows got some of the calltoarms for startup sound :p its quiet nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom