N00b Healer Questions...

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Hi,

After playing DAoC for over 2 years, I've finally rolled a healer character... But that presents me with a few questions:

1. What are 'bases' and what are 'specs'???

2. What healing spell does one use in general? I mean: I have this 'minor reconstruction' and 'reconstruction' spells, but also a 'greater purification' that I got at lvl 13, that heals for 184, and a 'Favor from Eir' that heals for 33%... Does one use these all, or...??

3. Spec... I've understood, that 44pac and 31mend is a good spec, if you also want to play RvR... Any coments on that??

4. Is there an easy way to target people in your group? I've got this 'healer helper' group window, that's part of my mod/skin, but then I use my mouse to target people... bit hard while one is moving:) I thought that maybe there was a key-combination to target say nmbr. 1 in the group etc...?

5. Any general advice and/or comments are greatly welcomed...

Thanks in advance!

Jimmae

One of Freddy's beloved
bases are the heals you get when you level up
specs are the heals you get when you spend points in the mending spec line.

i use the minor baseline heal, spread heals (level 30 and 39), insta heals and greater heals. instas are very handy for when you just have to get a heal in, or they've taken more damage than you can heal up normally, iirc they are 75% of your hp, not the person you are targeting.. as such, dorfs are the best healy healers :) but norse look so much sexier. :D

its a good spec for driving.. if you wont be driving i'd go for more mend.. my healer is 40mend 36 pac, i can do back up CC and my heals are more than enough to keep most people alive.. especially with another healer in group too, main problem is how fast i get through my power.

use the mini group window, if you click peoples names on that, you target them :) else shift+f1-f8 directly targets them.

in pve, dont overheal, use minor bases, but lots of them, easily the most power efficient way of keeping people alive.
in rvr, over heal casters, with the damage being thrown around by everyone, casters can fall over quite easily, so you need to keep DI up at all times.

Lilinallte

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks mate, very helpfull information... But, unlike a SM or Runie, with healer and shaman you don't get a spell-window that's divided into base and spec... As a new healer player, I find it very confusing that all spells go together, and some get replaced with higher ones, while others stay...

Still, I can do alot with your answer, so thanks very much...:)

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
when made own healer i look this page up and down, still very usefull.
http://www.pogel.demon.co.uk/Trine Aquavit Sings/Healer Guide.htm

my healer is 44pac, 30 mend and rest aug specced.
use too 99.99% groupmini window to target peeps.
personally use minor heal from baseline, but mostly when need fast small heal and usually followup whit bigger heal, mostly major/greater heal from mend.
instaheals dont use any power so can use these in small panic when oop.

playing style is alott different but correct way for you only find when self play own healer.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
since the latest patch changes -

- small spec heal is the most power efficient heal on a single target
- large spec heal is the most efficient heal per second on a single target
- spreadheal remains the easiest heal to use and is also power efficient when multiple are damaged

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Lilinallte said:
3. Spec... I've understood, that 44pac and 31mend is a good spec, if you also want to play RvR... Any coments on that??

There are several good specs depending on what you like to do. I rolled a healer because I knew they were needed RvR but didn't know exactly what I wanted to do. After playing through some of the BGs I changed my final spec choice.

44 pac 31 mend (30 mend some aug is ok but if you find you are needing aug you could try tri spec)
40 mend 36 pac
39 mend 37 aug
30 mend 36 pac 26 mend (not gank group material but thats not why you rolled this healer)

xenia-

Fledgling Freddie
my healer is specced 38/38/5 atm, and i really like it, you get all the 150 area cc instas, and yellow mezz (which costs less power) and is fine with a few levels of mastery of focus. 36 mend for the spec grpheal and 75% instas, 38 is just with leftovers, since that little more aug does nothing. you also get first runspeed and 8% haste :)

last patch made grpheals very very nice, the 36 spec grpheal now has 2.2 delve cast, and with 25% healing its heals 370+ a pop, simply uber - spread is fine if a few are taking dmg, but if its more than 3, then grpheal is much better (and heals pets too).

i used to be in favour of 40 mend 36 pac, but 2nd spread is silly with the patch changes, and 100% rezz is still gimped compared to PR - and if youre main pac, you wont be rezzing much mid fight :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom