N-gage & Sega?

E

Every_Counsel

According to gamasutra Nokia just purchased Sega's SNAP technology for multi-player gaming... can anyone tell me how exactly this will affect gameplay on the n-gage?

I preordered one of these last week, and I'm not familiar with the SNAP technology. Is it commonly used? More importantly, is it good?

E

Every_Counsel

Greatly appreciated; so this is a definite step in the right direction for the n-gage then - hopefully, more stuff will fall in to line... I'm hoping that my preorder will prove to have been a good investment.

E

Every_Counsel

I'm pretty much of the same persuasion; after hearing all I had about the n-gage, I tested one out as a joke, just so I'd have something more specific to complain about. And now,having gotten my hands on one, I'm on the preorder list.

W

Wilier

Re: n-gage--SHock horror, its actualy quite good!

Originally posted by thecybermonkey
Hey there.
I was fortunate enough to have a go of the n-gage while i was at ECTS and was pleasently suprised at how good it was.
I was expecting a bulky mobile with a crappy screen and controls, but it turned out to be rather slim with a easily visible screen, at a much higher res than i realised it ran at.
Should be a cool little gadget!!
Besides, it has monkey ball for crying out loud!!!!! Need i say more!

The Monkey

PAH!! Tomb Raider 1 and Tony Hawks pro skater were fab too. Although I think that Nokia should market it as a phone that plays games rather than a direct challenge to the GB Advance.

E

Every_Counsel

I don't think there's really any one way Nokia could market the n-gage... it's so many different things that it would stand out no matter what category it's lumped into.

According to gamespy, it's creating it's own - the "game deck."

E

Embattle

I don't think it'll be too successful at first.

Users who are viewing this thread